Travel Answers
Naryn Oblasty

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

any better suggestions and what day does the bus go from Osh to Irktesham pass?

Kyrgyzstan Sep 3, 2014 at 5:53 AM

Hi im in Almaty at the moment and wasted today so i need to stay another day i think to see the sights in the city and maybe the Great Almaty lake on the outskirts tomorrow instead of taking a bus to Bishkek....

any suggestions for any better routes as received info that my plans to go to Bishkek and then on to Osh and then to the pass into China are probably the best plan to stick to. I have a big suitcase and was planning to get to the Kashgar sunday market but realise that i need to abandon that idea and just keep going. I need to be in Nanjing on Monday in about 10 days time.
      so i can fly from Kashgar to Urumqi and Urumqi to Nanjing if need be.

but any suggestions - i chose the Irktesham pass as its said to be the easiest for independent travellers and doesnt rquire a permit whereas the Torugart one does...is that correct and does anyone know the days the bus does go from Osh to the Irk border...my book says its twice a week and i was hoping it had improved since then but a travel agent today said he thinks its only once a week but doesnt know what day...

any other recommendations for Bishkek and Osh...my book is mainly pointing out Silk road things, i downloaded the LP ebooks onto my laptop but not the easiest for reading properly! and cant get them onto my phone i dont think as having problems setting my new phone up to receive websites.

thanks in anticipation!

more

Popular Naryn Oblasty Travel Answer Locations