Narvik

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus from Evenes Airport

by NguyenMinhTan Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hi everyone, I will arrive in Harstad/Narvik, Evenes Airport (EVE) in July. And I need to go to Narvik (which is 79km far from Evenes airport). Can you please show me which bus number I can take and how much it costs? Thank you so much for your help.

more
    • Bus from Evenes Airport

by NguyenMinhTan Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hi everyone, I will arrive in Harstad/Narvik, Evenes Airport (EVE) in July. And I need to go to Narvik (which is 79km far from Evenes airport). Can you please show me which bus number I can take and how much it costs? Thank you so much for your help.

1 Answer Jun 17, 2014 at 11:48 PM
    • Narvik to Honningsvag by Bus ?

by wastelrolf Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Who could help to get information about timetable and prices. We arrive, 2 guys on August 2, 14 by train from Stockholm and need to proceed to North kapp.
      Overnight stay in Narvik necessary or gives arrival enough time to pick up bus to north?

• Narvik to Honningsvag by Bus ?

by wastelrolf Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Who could help to get information about timetable and prices. We arrive, 2 guys on August 2, 14 by train from Stockholm and need to proceed to North kapp.
      Overnight stay in Narvik necessary or gives arrival enough time to pick up bus to north?

• how to get to svolvaer from evenes on thursday the 17(holiday)

by AnnetteNorway Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Hello,

we are two Italian tourists travelling to Svolvaer on Thursday the 17th in order to get our rented car at Europcar for that day.
      Unfortunately we saw, just few hours ago, on the 17th the bus lines to Svolvaer are not working on those days.
      We'll arrive at Evenes at 10:35 with the flight from Oslo, we kindly ask you how we can reach Svolvaer.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Annalisa and Francesco

• AfiqR's Profile Photo

transport from narvik to lofoten island. and then back to harstad narvik airport.

by AfiqR Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 5:50 AM

hi there, ineed help regarding transportation from narvik to svolvaer(or any interesting place in lofoten island) and then back to evenes airport to catch flight to oslo. does anyone have any idea? im on a tight budget. id done my research but couldnt find any. i am also looking for narvik-svolvaer-bodo-oslo route but its quite expensive. the flight from bodo to oslo is expensive. also the hurtigruten service from moskenes/svolvaer to bodo is expensive.

perhaps, if anyone got another route plan, it would be great also. thanks.

3 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM
    • Winter fjord cruises?

by Janadian1983 Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 5:03 AM

I'll be travelling to Narvik in mid to late February, and I was wondering if there were cruises going at those times? Also is it easy to get around without a car, as we'll be taking a train from Kiruna.

Cheers!

4 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    • Aleida's Profile Photo

Svolvaer-Abisko in one day

by Aleida Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Hello, it seems impossible to travel from Svolvaer to Abisko in one day with public transport,
      I can't find any connection. Trains and busses arrive too late in Narvik to have the right connection.
      Any tips? hitchhiking? Did I miss something? To be precise: it's about the 5th of march 2014.
      Thank you!
      Aleida

4 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    • From Svolvaer to Abisko

by Ettigirb Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 8:23 AM

We are planning to go from Svolvaer tot Abisko in one day, but we can't find a bus or train that will takes us from Narvik to Abisko. The bus will get us from Svolvaer to Narvik at 14.10, but according to the Swedish railways-site there are no connecting trains/buses. Anybody?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    • long distance bus timetables

by TSTJ Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Am trying to get to Narvik by bus from Bodo - am unable to find a timetable. Likewise we will be moving on to Tromso, five days later, by bus. Timetables would be useful

1 Answer Aug 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • ntibbe's Profile Photo

Bus pass in Tromso Norway

by ntibbe Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Can you buy a Tromso city 3 day pass in Narvik or do you have to get the passes in Tromso? I won't be getting into Tromso during operating hours so I was hoping I could buy one in Narvik before catching the 100 but to Tromso. If I can't buy a pass in Narvik do you know of a place that will sell bus passes on weekends? Single rides are such a rip off.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    • Harstad to Narvik

by Angus1 Online Now Dec 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Hi I was planning to catch the Hurtiguten from Bodo to Harstad in May 2013, arriving in Harstad at 06.45. I then planned to travel by bus to Narvik, via the airport, to catch the Stockholm train. I have just found out that the train has been rescheduled from the afternoon to 11.38 in the morning. The only buses I can find from Harstad miss this train by about 15 mins. Is there any other way of getting from Harstad to Narvik?

1 Answer Dec 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    • Travel plans;)

by globaltraveller62 Online Now Mar 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Hi to all,
      we plan to go to Narvik,originating in Abisko,Sweden in spring 2013,most probably in late Feb./March:)
      Can anyone help how to connect with the Hurtigruten ships from there?
      We like to cruise finally to Bodo,with the Hurtigruten ships,where we continue to travel further on to Oslo,with the plane;)
      We do appreciate your help,thanks!!
      Happy journeys to all,
      Gt62;))

4 Answers Mar 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    • Traveling from Svolvaer to Harstad/narvik Airport

by jmism Online Now Nov 25, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Hi!
      My friends and I are planning to travel from Svolvaer to Harstad/Narvik airport by bus but I can't seem to find information about it.
      Can anybody give us more information about how we should do it please?
      And the cost, bus service name etc.
      Thanks so much in advance! :))

2 Answers Dec 17, 2011 at 2:10 AM
    • Travel via boat south on Norwegian coast

by Aussiefamers Online Now Sep 23, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Is it possible to travel by boat down coast of Norway commencing near Narvik (only because we are currently in Lulea and can easily get to Narvik via train)for a few days? Would love to see fiiords but haven't got a lot of time. Or would we be better accessing the coast further south and catching a boat there? We have eurail passes for train travel.

5 Answers Sep 24, 2011 at 7:53 AM
    • borso's Profile Photo

narvik transportation

by borso Online Now Feb 23, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Hello,

We will stay in Abisko from 20 to 23 March and would like to visit Narvik, too. I have some questions concerning the transportation:
      1. We would like to go by train from Abisko to Narvik. Does the Ofoten Railway operate in this periode of the year? If not, the "official", SJ trains run also in a beautiful scenery?
      2. How can we get to the Lofoten Islands? By bus or by boat? Where can I find timetables?
      3. I heard about mountain lift in Narvik. Is it operating now?

Thanks so much for your answers.

Best, Orsi from Hungary, Budapest

2 Answers Feb 25, 2010 at 12:55 AM
    • Bus schedule

by irayasha Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Does anybody know the bus schedule from Harstad/Narvik Airport to Svolvaer?
      Any other means except bus? How much will be a taxi?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    • How long is it from Narvik bus station to the train station on foot?

by Radagastos Online Now May 2, 2009 at 7:13 AM

Hello, my question is this: Is it possible for me to arrive to Narvik via bus from Tromso at 14:15 and then catch the train for Lulea that leaves at 14:45?
      Thanks!

1 Answer May 3, 2009 at 11:56 PM
    • Narvik to Helsinki

by peter.halevi Online Now Feb 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Is it possible to go by train all the way from Narvik to Helsinki? If so, how many trains are running per day in May and June? Is this covered by the EurailPass? Please note that the web pages that you suggest do not provide sufficient information in English (not everything is translated) and it seems extremely difficult to learn the details (and purchase the ticket).Thanks,

Peter Halevi

2 Answers Feb 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    • to get from Narvik to Svolvaer

by stippes Online Now Feb 5, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Hello, i will be arriving at Hastad/narvik airport on Feb 15th at 10.35 a.m.
      What is the best way to get to svolvaer? is there a boat or a bus that goes more often than early in the morning and late at night?

3 Answers Feb 5, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    • Bus train connections Lofotens to Narvik

by debbie08 Online Now Feb 4, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Hi, We will be catching the bus from the Lofotens (Svolvaer) to Narvik (I believe its called LOFAST). The bus arrives into Narvik at 2.10pm. We need to connect with the overnight train to Stockholm that leaves at 2.30pm. If we don't make the connection we need to wait until the next day. Does anyone know whether the train waits for the bus by any chance or is the bus always on time? Also does the bus drop you off at the station or will we need to walk some distance to make the connection? I have been looking for other options such as the express boat but believe this has now been stopped since the express bus commenced? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 5, 2009 at 4:48 AM
    • sculpture / war memorial

by pauliebird Online Now Aug 19, 2008 at 4:43 AM

I was in Narvik LONG ago - the 1960s - and recall being VERY impressed by a large sculpture. It was on the waterfront. Its title in Norwegian was roughly 'rebirth'. It showed a woman, seated, with a small girl on one knee, and a small boy on the other. There was no man present. It was I believe the war memorial commemorating the virtual destruction of the town by the opposing forces from Germany and Britain in 1940. And then its post war reconstruction. It was very touching and quite different from the military-style war memorials elsewhere.

But I can now find no reference to it. And no photo. Was it demolished? Is my memory incorrect, was it in Tromso maybe? Or am I even more wrong? Am currently making a study of war memorials and this came to the top of my memory.

-pauliebird, perth WA australia

8 Answers Feb 4, 2009 at 12:33 PM
    • Skiing in April

by louis.olander Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 9:01 AM

My wife and I want to go skiing at the end of April, and have heard that Narvik is a great place to go, with a very late winter. Would there be any difficulties for someone looking to do this? Would the snow be good?

Thank you,
      Louis

1 Answer Feb 3, 2008 at 9:52 AM
    • BARDEFOSS?? Where is this close to?

by Laurel4 Online Now Jan 12, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Hi

My boyfriend has been sent to Bardefoss for work for 7 weeks. I'm hoping we'll get a chance to meet up for a weekend soon but I'm having a hard time trying to work out where BARDEFOSS is in Norway in comparision to everything else and whether its worth us meeting up in Bardefoss or if its better for us to stay in another town? Can someone help? Would you recommend Bardefoss? Or is there another town nearby I could fly to (from London) and one that would be easy for him to travel too? He doesn't know the place at all so can't advise. All I know is that its up north somewhere and too far away from Oslo so we can't go there.

Any help would be much appreciate
      Thanks in advance,
      Que

2 Answers Sep 25, 2008 at 6:15 AM
    • fetting from narvik to oslo

by emm28 Online Now Sep 2, 2007 at 4:38 AM

hi i would be realy greatfull if anyone could help me.
      iam trying to get my mum from narvik to oslo on sat sep 8th as she is flying back to scotland. she had planned to get a flight from narvik but i can only find one flight on that day and it gets her to oslo to late.
      i was wondering about trains or busses iam finding it difficult to find any info.

if anyone could help i would be so greatfull.

thanks

3 Answers Sep 3, 2007 at 1:51 PM
    • Transfer from Narvic/Harstad Airport

by howerjen Online Now Aug 1, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Hi there

does anyone know if there is a guaranteed bus after landing in Narvic Harstad airport at 3:30 in the afternoon, going to Narvic town?

Thanks for any help.

Howie

1 Answer Aug 1, 2007 at 1:43 PM
    • harstad--narvik

by kostasonia Online Now May 21, 2006 at 10:37 AM

how can you go from harstad (center) to narvik (train station)?
      We have found some buses but not working on saturday (which is the day we need them)
      If anybody can help us..

Thanks a lot
      K & S

2 Answers May 22, 2006 at 4:49 AM
    • GeraldM's Profile Photo

Internet in Narvik???

by GeraldM Online Now Dec 5, 2005 at 7:59 AM

Hello,

I have plans to visit Norway soon and I am trying to stay in touch with my family by using the internet. I have planned my trip to have internet access most of the time but, one of my stops will be in Narvik at the Radisson SAS Hotel and they do not have internet access. Does anyone know of a place in Narvik that I can go to access the internet. Cyber Cafe or Internet Cafe??

Ok. Thank You for your help!

Gerald

4 Answers Dec 7, 2005 at 3:12 PM
    • mnp17's Profile Photo

Scattering of Ashes in Narvik's Fjord

by mnp17 Online Now Nov 15, 2005 at 9:21 PM

Hello everyone!
      It is a somber occasion for my family, as our beloved father departed this world very recently. Having been in the Polish merchant marine in his youth, his wish was to have his ashes scattered at sea, in Norway's fjords - specifically around Narvik. My siblings and I are trying to plan a trip for this purpose, but could use some advice from locals and others who have visited as to the best times of year to go, and anything important that we may need to keep in mind!

Please share any helpful tips you may have.

Many many thanks!!

1 Answer Nov 16, 2005 at 12:58 AM
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Catamaran from Narvik to Svolvaer

by travelfrosch Online Now Nov 6, 2005 at 6:35 AM

Hello all!

We're planning to travel to northern Norway next June. Does anyone have information on the ferry from Narvik to Svolvaer? Specifically, how often does it run? Does it normally coincide with the Connex train from Lulea/Boden? How much does it cost? How often does it get cancelled (e.g. due to bad weather/high seas)? Any insights apprciated. Thanks for the help!

4 Answers Nov 6, 2005 at 6:17 PM
    • Jasonconga's Profile Photo

4 days in Narvik

by Jasonconga Online Now Mar 14, 2005 at 12:51 AM

hey all,

I've got a couple of questions. As I sit at my desk and look at the map of Europe next to me, I'm so excited to get to a place like Narvik, Norway. So much so that I scheduled 4 days of my 15 day Norwegian holiday in the area, including my 31st birthday! I'll be alone but staying with someone in Narvik from hospitalityclub website. I'm trying to figure out the best way to spend my time there so it's a mixture of relaxing, interesting, awe-inspiring and with a righteous beer or two thrown in. Thinking something like this:

May 23 arrival - hang out in Narvike
      May 24 birthday! take the Oftobanen to Riksgrensen for the afternoon; where would be a good place to celebrate my birthday with one or two people or possibly even alone. Is there a bar or cafe in Narvik that would think, hey cool, a guy from California having his birthday in our small neck of the woods, let's invite him to a beer!
      May 25 thought of hitchhiking down E6 to Bognes and Tranoey, and then taking the ferry across to Loedingen and hitching back to Narvik
      May 26 hang in Narvik

Please, any ideas or suggestions sound great. It's 9:49am on a Monday morning, I have to teach 3 English classes in the afternoon and I'm so excited about this trip just 2.5 months away, not to mention the fact that:

I can speak some Norwegian, been learning for 5 months, first time I've ever learned a language before going to somewhere, and I'm writing a short book in Norwegian (50 pages) that I hope to trade for beers/food and even sell to some people who are interested. I'm sure I'll end up giving half of them away (I'm making 100 copies of the book, costing me about 3200kr!) but give me some advice, vaer saa snil!

Jason
      jasonconga@yahoo.com

2 Answers May 4, 2005 at 4:43 PM