Narvik Travel Answers

change location

Harstad to Narvik

by Angus1 Online Now Dec 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Hi I was planning to catch the Hurtiguten from Bodo to Harstad in May 2013, arriving in Harstad at 06.45. I then planned to travel by bus to Narvik, via the airport, to catch the Stockholm train. I have just found out that the train has been rescheduled from the afternoon to 11.38 in the morning. The only buses I can find from Harstad miss this train by about 15 mins. Is there any other way of getting from Harstad to Narvik?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Re: Harstad to Narvik

by travelfrosch Online Now Dec 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Unfortunately, these things happen when planning so far in advance. In the past month, I've had several budget flights cancelled out from under me while I continue to plan my family's trip for next year. The lesson: be flexible.

The best you can do here is to stay overnight in Narvik or the vicinity, then take the train to Stockholm the next morning. I'll share that we hadn't planned to spend much time in Narvik when we visited a few years ago, but after various transport schedules changed, we found our (originally) unplanned stay in Narvik to be among the most memorable of all our travels.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines