Narva Travel Answers

change location
Drugness's Profile Photo

Narva train service?

by Drugness Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Hello all
Is there definitely a train line that runs from Narva to St Petersburg? I'm planning to enter Russia through this town but i guess i should enter via Vyborg in Finland if it's going to be seriously difficult to get to St Petersburg from Narva.
Thanks everyone
DG

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • kopvas's Profile Photo

Re: Narva train service?

by kopvas Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Estonian railway company just canceled the only Tallinn-St.Petersburg train recently (after September only Tallinn-Moscow train left), so you can't use the train on this route anymore, but...
    1) At list 7-8 buses run there daily (eurolines.ee will help)
    2) On the other side from Narva across the river it is a Russian town called Ivangorod. They have as well a dozen of daily buses running to St.Petersburg. So you can actually walk to Ivangorod via bridge and catch a bus there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jesperp's Profile Photo

by Jesperp Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 12:53 PM

There is one daily train connection between Narva and St. Petersburg according to the website expresstorussia.com/russian_...

Regards Jesper

• sihi's Profile Photo

by sihi Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Hi!

It is not difficult to get to St.Pb from Narva. There are few bus lines per day going between them.
    Eurolines bus: Tallinn-Johvi-Narva-St.Pb.
    Riga-Tartu-Narva-St.Pb.
    I just live in 50km from Narva and I recomend you to go just throgh this city.

I very often use bus of Eurolines in route Tartu-Johvi (Riga-St.Pb bus) and many people travel to Petersburg by this bus.
    I recomend!!

You are welcome to stop in Johvi and Narva!!!

1 member found this helpful

• kopvas's Profile Photo

by kopvas Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Jesperp, please do not mislead people by citing "strange" websites that have nothing to do with railway companies that actually run the trains in reality...
    Gorail - Estonian private company, which run international trains in Estonia (gorail.ee)
    Another reliable source is the official website of the Russian railways (eng.rzd.ru/wps/portal/rzdeng...

• sihi's Profile Photo

by sihi Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Check my Narva page:
    "NARVA - border city of EU" - Narva by sihi

There are some shops in Narva and region where you can buy your favourite beer - Zywiec!!

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Narva Travel Answer Locations