Naran Travel Answers

change location
zafaryaab's Profile Photo

Naran in April

by zafaryaab Online Now Apr 11, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I wanted to go Naran on coming weekend. Is is a good time to visit?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Re: Naran in April

by Mozumbus Online Now Apr 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I doubt that the road to Naran will be open for normal traffic in April especially keeping in view the extended winters this year but I am not the expert on this.

pakwheels.com/forums/road-tr... would be a better forum to ask and know the latest ground situation...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Bokhari76's Profile Photo

by Bokhari76 Online Now Apr 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM

My friend is right. Its a little early for Naran. Best time to visit Naran is from June to September. You may find Road blockages. There are couple of glaciers on Balakot - Naran road which take time to melt.

You can further confirm from following tourism information centre at Abbotabad:

ABBOTTABAD
    Club Annexe, Jinnah Road. Tel: (0992) 9310168,

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo

by Bokhari76 Online Now Apr 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM

It is not so that people don't go there in April - May. People who want to see snow go there in early season, but greenry which we see in pictures can be viewed after june. Before that you'll find snow covered hills everywhere. Saiful Maluk will not look as attractive as it looks in summer.

• besal's Profile Photo

by besal Online Now Apr 19, 2012 at 4:42 AM

It may have been true that the roads were not open before May. But this was when the path leading to Naran was a dirt track.

Now a proper metalled road has been made, and the journey which took over 8 hours from balakot could now be done in 3-4 hours.

I would suggest call PTDC and inquire about road condition. I think the roads would be open now. Plus you will have the whole place to yourself.

• besal's Profile Photo

by besal Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 5:06 AM

A colleague of mine just came back from Naran. Had to leave their car at Kaghan and took a jeep to Naran. Due to melting glaciers and snow over the winter, road conditions were poor. Also they couldnt go to Saiful Muluk as a glacier had fallen on the road, and one need proper equipment to traverse it (snow boots).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines