Naran Travel Answers

change location

10 days trip to naran valley

by ishfaqamd Online Now Jan 1, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Hi, i am planning for 10 days trip to naran valley with almost 25 family members in month of june,2012.
please advice for good hotels with reasonable rents and points to be visited as i will be traveling from rawalpindi.
thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Re: 10 days trip to naran valley

by Mozumbus Online Now Jan 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Unfortunately, I don't remember the hotel I stayed in, as there are a lot many. One can even reach there and shop around, but with 25 people, per-booking would not be a bad idea either. See the vacation section of Pakwheels.com for further insight.

About sight-seeing, Lake Saiful Muluk is an obvious option. Keep it as a day trip. You have to hire jeeps from the Naran market. Gathering some information a day before will help you grab a better deal. Lalazar is another day trip from Naran, but I am not sure if one can make it without a 4WD.

On the way to Naran, from Rawalpindi, I would prefer to take a one night stay at Balakot to enjoy the Kunhar river. However, this can be avoided if there are not enough days available.

On the way back, I would definitely stay in Shogran for atleast a couple of nights. From Shogran, jeep drive to Sri-Pai, as a day trip, is a must. Hotel Pine Park is a decent choice in Shogran but in summers it gets overcrowded and overpriced.

Hope this helps. Have a fun trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lahoree's Profile Photo

by lahoree Online Now Jan 6, 2012 at 6:28 AM

During June there will be nothing that you can get at reasonable rate in Naran.

Hotels. If you have your own transport, I will strongly recommend to get a hotel on the far end of Naran bazar near starting point of jeep track to saiful maluk lake. This will save a lot of agony driving along narrow naran bazar with hundreds of jeeps and tourist cars.... this is my personal experience. Good but expensive hotels are Sarhad Tourism, PTDC and hotels on the way to Saifulmaluk lake. With 25pax, you should book in advance.

In addition to visiting famous lake, my family and I were fond of travelling further ahead of Naran (very scenic road and surroundings). We drove several times up to Jalkhad, stopped at various scenic spots on the way and enjoyed tea and snacks.... we have our own tiny stove. There is also a nice spot just one km after Naran in the middle of river. You can have a nice lunch there.

Rest Muzzamil has adequately explained famous spots.

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo

by Bokhari76 Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Well 10 days are pretty sufficient time for Naran Valley. You should stay at least one night in Shogran too. So it will be easy to visit sri paye from there.

In these areas advance booing becomes expensive because you can bargain cheap hotels at arrival but Since you are 25 people, advance booking is safer.

I had some contact nos. of Hotels there which I couldn't find now. Sorry for that.

• besal's Profile Photo

by besal Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM

For large family, go to PTDC. They have small cottages with 3-4 bedrooms. Even some of their standard rooms are made in one building having 4 rooms. Plus the location is much better than other hotels avaialble.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines