Nara-ken

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mk taxi osaka

Osaka Aug 16, 2014 at 4:03 AM

I wish to know wether mk taxi in osaka is really cheap and how much roughly the mk taxi fare from hotel new hankyu to shinsaibashi arcades..thank you

more
    • tenluk's Profile Photo

Kawaguchiko VS Hakone

Kawaguchi-ko Aug 15, 2014 at 8:12 PM

this is an old question that usually appear from somebody would like to see the Mt. Fuji.
      Need some info from VT members, I will be there on earlier of October this year.
      1. Kawaguchiko or Hakone for enjoying the Mt Fuji scenery
      2. any recommended budget hotel? Is it pretty good to stay overnight at hotel nearby the train station or near the lake Kawaguchiko or the if Hakone the hot spring
      3. what should we do for nightlife if we stay at Kawaguchiko or if we stay at Hakone.
      VT member experience info could be appreciated.
      Thanks

more
    • Is anything still left from Machinato Army base ?

Okinawa Aug 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I lived on Machinato Army base from 1970 -1972.Is there any housing or buildings still left and what is the area referred to now?

more
    • Best way to vist Mt. Fuji

Kawasaki Jul 28, 2014 at 6:11 AM

I'm staying in Kawasaki. I'd like to visit and climb Mt. Fuji. What's the best way to travel and join a hiking group?

more
    • 01/01/2015 Osaka

Osaka Yesterday

Please advise if the shops and the big departmental store like Takashimay, Hankyu Hands etc will be closed on 31/12/14 and 01/01/15?

Thank You.

more
    • 24/12-03/1/15, Itinerary help needed

Osaka Aug 14, 2014 at 9:47 PM

We will be travelling to Saka with 2 teeagers 12 and 14 ( 24/12/14-3/1/15). We have confirmed our hotel near Universal and plans for the first three days - 24 Aquarium, 25 Universal, 26 Rinku Outlet.

26-27 Stay at Wakayama ( go to watch the tuna cutting session, sample oranges, and visit amusement park, )

Plan A

Stay at Ehime , cultured pearls and sample more local food like Tai ( Is it worth a visit and safe to go as KOchi just had a flood recently?)

Should we stay at Kobe, my family loves beef. My friend also recommended me to visit a Sake museum there. Or I can still revisit Kobe another day since it is a short train ride and my family will be getting the Kansai JR pass

Plan B 27/12-3/1? Just stay at a hotel Osaka Shinbashi area. Do day trips to Naran Kyoto , Kobe

Finally, where is a good place to go/hotel to stay for 31 to see the fireworks . Or should we go Ehime, to avoid the crowd?

We will be including Osaka Castle, Asahi Beer Factoy and Nissin Museum in our trip.

We place food as our first priority, we love sashimi , soba, barbecue skewers. Please advise a good okonomiyaki restaurant too.

What will the weather be like usually?

Thank you.

Jen

more
    • tenluk's Profile Photo

Dinner at Yurakucho

Tokyo Aug 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM

This is the first time I am travelling to Japan, would like to ask about spending nightlife or dinner in Tokyo and I saw Yurakucho is great like we have in temple street Hongkong.
      1. Any experience of this area for dinner? is it expensive for tourist price?
      2. is it easy to find from Yurakucho JR station?
      3. what time the food vendors will close at Yurakucho Gado ***a
      Thanks

more
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Stay in Hakone Yumoto or Gora area?

Hakone Jul 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Hello!

I will be visiting Hakone 2 days 1 night in October this year and would like to stay in a ryokan. Just wondering which area is better to stay at?

I have also identified a few ryokan I would probably book:

Hakone Yumoto:
      Ryokan Fukuzumiro

Gora:
      Fujimien Hotel
      Ashinoko Ichinoyu Hotel
      Hatago Ichinoyu Hotel
      Gora Ichinoyu Hotel

Appreciate any advice! Thanks!!

more
    • Connections Narita - hotel and hotel - Yokohama (Cruise ship)

Tokyo Jul 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I understand that there are airport buses that drop passengers at various hotels? Are these signposted in English and what is cost / frequency?
      Also, is there a similar service from Tokyo hotels to cruise ships at Yokohama?

more
    • Transportation from Osaka airport

Osaka Jul 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Hi! What is the best way to get to Tempozan cruise terminal to reach our ship. Thanks

more
    • kyoto by bike or scooter??

Kyoto Aug 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Hi, we will only be 1 day in kyoto and want to see al the main sites by bike or by motorcycle.

Is it,possible and is it better to use the bike or the scooter?
      We will be in kyoto on september 19th.

Thank you

more
    • Need help to plan a trip to Osaka and Kyoto

Kyoto Aug 17, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Hi! Me and my wife are planning a trip to Osaka and Kyoto for about 5-6 days late November or early December. We would like to visit a lot of tourist spots in our short time there.

- Any recommended hotel we could stay at? If possible, near the stations for JR pass or Kansai Thru Pass. (I was told that getting travel passes would really make it easy for us to go around)

- We are planning to go to Kyoto first for half our stay and the rest in Osaka.

- We would also like to stay at least a day in a Ryokan.

- We also love Japanese food.

I would really appreciate your suggestions and recommendations. THANKS!

more
    • PandawitchElphie's Profile Photo

Best Location to stay for a geeky couple

Tokyo Aug 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi. We're heading to Tokyo next year (I know... a year to plan is being OCD). We plan on hitting Disneyland and Disney Sea, Studio Ghibli Museum, and Akihabara. We also plan to go to Osaka for Universal Studios...

May I please know where the best location is to find a hotel that is a) easy access to the trains, b) can easily access all the places I mentioned (at least, the one with the most minimal train changes)?

I'd like to search for hotels but don't know which area to search in... maybe those of you who have had experience can help me pls?Thanks :)

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

first timer

Osaka Aug 12, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Hi!
      We're about to visit osaka mid-january next year, i just want to ask what's the best thing to do or visit there? and any suggestions and advise... thanks much

more
    • Best of Japan in 12 days/

Japan Jul 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Best of Japan in 12 days? Love cultural sights and museums

more
    • accommodations

Japan Jul 26, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Does anyone know of places to stay in or near Takao, Kuruma or Kibune, Japan north of Kyoto. I will be in that area on Oct. 26th and don't really want to go back into Kyoto city center. I'd rather be in the country.

more
    • Kumamoto to tokyo by train

Japan Jul 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM

i went to go kumamoto to tokyo how i can go

more
    • Kateuk's Profile Photo

HELP HELP HELP

Sapporo Aug 5, 2014 at 5:10 AM

Hi everyone. I'm desperately need some helps , family decided a last minute trip to Hokkaido yesterday and I'm meeting them in Chitose airport as I will most probably travel two days earlier due to 30 hours connecting flight from England-Amsterdam-Osaka- Sapporo. I need to find a cheap hostel or guest house for a day before I meet my family.Does anyone have any suggestions as where should I stay which won't break my banks and easy to get back to airport. Is it anything to see and do in chitose in a day? How to get to chitose? Informations in airport guide doesn't explain how much to get the bus to downtown . Thanks in advance if anyone could share some ideas and tips. 

more
    • tenluk's Profile Photo

Gion Shijo bus terminal near the APA Hotel

Kyoto Aug 13, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Hi, need help
      I read that we can reach the APA hotel from kyoto train station by bus number 100 or 206 with 230 yen per person.
      I will take shinkansen Hikari 509 from tokyo station to kyoto as I read in Hyperdia
      1. is the bus number 100 and 206 located just next to the kyoto train station?
      2. how could we told the driver the APA Hotel, do they understand english or we have to find out the Japanese language character to show him.
      3. as I know this bus stop is just near by the hotel but I cannot find the route of this bus number 100 and 206, can somebody help.
      Thanks

more
    • autumn918's Profile Photo

4 nights in Nagoya

Nagoya Aug 11, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Dear fellow VTs,

I will be travelling from Kyoto to Nagoya on 6th December & spending 4 nights in Nagoya till 9th December night & flying back on 10th dec morning.

My Fren read that 4 nights in Nagoya is too much. But we will be making a stopover at hikone to visit the castle on 6th dec.

What do you guys think? Is 4 nights too much? Are there any nearby day trips to the beautiful rural & mountain area?

Thanks
      Rebekah

more
    • Is my Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo Itenerary 28 Aug-3 Sep Doable?

Japan Aug 9, 2014 at 4:33 AM

Hi All,

3 of us, all of us is male, are going to japan on 28 aug until 3 sep, we arrive in Osaka and depart from Tokyo. This is our itenerary and i need advice from experts here if my itenerary is doable or not :D

Oh ya, we will stay around shinsaibashi in osaka, kawaramachi in kyoto and asakusa in tokyo.

So here it is:

Day 1
      08:25 -- 10.00 Arrive at Kansai
      12.00 -- 14.00 Tenmangu
      14.30 -- 16.30 Osaka Castle
      17.00 -- finish Shinsekai & Minami

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2
      09.00 -- 10.05 Depart to Tokyo Kyoto
      13.15 -- 15.30 Kyoto Imperial Palace
      16.00 -- 17.00 Kinkaku-ji
      18.00 -- Gion-Yasaka Shrine (is waraido gion waraido.com/walking/gion.htm... worth to join?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 3
      09.00 -- 10.00 Ginkaku-ji
      10.30 -- 11.30 Sanjusangendo
      12.00 -- 14.00 Kiyomizudera
      15.00 -- 19.00 Fushimi Inari
      19.30 -- 23.15 Back to hostel
      23.45 -- Kyoto station (depart to tokyo using seishun eco dream)

Day 4
      08.00 -- Arrive in Tokyo Station
      Asakusa (Sensoji temple and around)
      Akihabara (Gundam Cafe, AKB Cafe, @home cafe, etc)
      Odaiba (Miraikan the toilet museum :p, Gundam Front, and around)

Day 5
      10.00 -- 12.30 Doraemon Museum in Kawasaki
      13.00 -- 16.00 Kirin Beer Village in Yokohama
      16.30 -- Ramen Museum in Yokohama

Day 6
      Harajuku (Meiji shrine, yoyogi park, etc)
      Shibuya (shibuya crossing of course)
      Shinjuku (sword museum, kabukicho, etc)

Day 7 (we allocate this day for buying souveniers)
      Ikebukuro
      Ueno
      Ginza
      Akihabara

Most of our time in tokyo is not being scheduled since we may do a laidback trip.

I think that is our itenerary, is it doable? or do you have other suggestion to be added maybe?

and one more, had anyone here bought gundam front ticket at 7-eleven? we haven't find any guide to buy from it, and i read that we have to write our name in katakana/hiragana. is it true? does anyone happen to have some step-by-step guide on how to buy the ticket from 7-eleven?

Thanks for all your help :D

more
    • Advise seeking on Route of Climbing Mt Fuji

Fujinomiya Aug 7, 2014 at 11:56 PM

I plan to climb Mt Fuji next week but I am now trying to find out how difficult the Fujinomiya route compare to Yoshida route. Since Fujinomiya route is 2.5 km shorter than Yosida route, so do the slopes become very steep? Please help

more
    • tour in Tokyo

Tokyo Aug 19, 2014 at 9:35 AM

need several things. The best way to get from Tokyo to Otaru. The best way to gt from Narita to Tokyo and a good deal on a hotel in Tokyo for two to three nights starting on August 29th. Should I get a private guide to take me around Tokyo. Should I book in advance or should I depend on a guide from the hotel. Does anyone kno a guide?

more
    • faffy's Profile Photo

itinerary for osaka, kyto, nara and tokyo

Osaka Aug 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM

hi. i am travelling with my husband to osaka on nov 6-12. we want to include tokyo, kyoto and nara to our sidetrips. can anybody here could help me on our itineary?

thanks in advance.

more
    • tenluk's Profile Photo

NEX from Terminal 2 to Tokyo

Narita Aug 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Hello VT members,
      1. what time is the latest evening train from Narita terminal 2 to Tokyo
      2. where is the JR pass office change the voucher at Terminal 2 and what time the office closed
      My arrival is on 8.30 pm and I buy the JR pass and would like to go to Akihabara using NEX and change to JR Yamanoto line.
      Is it still lot of time for me as newbie travelling first time in Japan?

Thanks

more

Popular Nara-ken Travel Answer Locations

• Events in May

Nara May 10, 2014 at 4:29 AM

I am planning a trip to Nara next week sunday (19th).. I was informed there will be a few things going there at Kofukuji-temple.
      1) at around 4pm
      2) at night

My question is, what are the events going on there? do we need to pay entrance fee to see it? At night, what time would it start? Would it be better to stay a night in nara?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer May 10, 2014 at 4:55 AM
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

How to go to Shirakawago from Kyoto

Shirakawa Mar 28, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Hi everyone! For the first time, I am going to Japan. I only have 4 days to spend and my IT would include:

Day 1 and 2: Kyoto
      Day 3: Shirikawa
      Day 3: Osaka

How to go to Shirakawa-go from Kyoto? Is it cheaper to take a bus? I am a budget traveler and would love your suggestions! I found a tour from J-Hoppers for 11, 900 Yen for 1 night and 2 days tour from Kyoto to Shirawaka-go. Is it expensive or should I do it myself and instead spend half day in Shirakawa and stay the night back in Kyoto.

Thank you!

Haydee

2 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 2:39 AM
    • SallyD10's Profile Photo

taxi to Horyuji

Nara Jun 25, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I don't have much time in Nara so i wonder if a taxi to Horyuji is time effective. What do people think please

3 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    • How long roughly should I be spending here?

Nara Mar 11, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Hi, just wondering by looking at the following how many days should I spend here? Also, could anyone help me out on finding some cheap hostel accommadation?

Todaiji Temple
      Isuien Garden
      Kasuga Taisha

2 Answers Mar 27, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    • Nara English Guided Tour

Nara Dec 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Any suggestions for goodwill English guided tour in Nara?
      I only have half a day (in the morning) to spend there, should I join a tour or tour by myself?

2 Answers Dec 10, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Transportation from Kyoto to Nara and distances once in Nara

Nara Aug 19, 2009 at 6:43 AM

I was looking in the keihan train page and saw that there is a train that goes from Kyoto to Nara, however, it seems you need to take a bus after the train drops you off.

Is there any other transportation from Kyoto to Nara that does not involve a transfer?

Once in Nara, is the area walkable - so would this make a good day trip from Kyoto?

5 Answers Aug 19, 2009 at 6:25 PM
    • patsouthwood's Profile Photo

Shrine sales/ Flea markets

Nara Jun 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Are ther any Shrine Sales or Flea markets in Nara in July or August please?

• yin's Profile Photo

Bus or other transport ?

Nara-ken Oct 24, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Is there a bus service from Kansai airport to Nara directly ? and how much for the fare ? if no, what else can i choose ? thanks.

2 Answers Oct 31, 2008 at 11:20 AM
    • shukubo?

Nara Feb 17, 2008 at 12:05 PM

I am looking for Shukubo within close distance to Kyoto or Nara that does not object to americans,we plan to learn whatever we can so as not to offend by our ignorance. We really want to experience the prayers & meditations as well as shojin ryori.
      Because of our itinerary;(we have one day available before we go to Nara -for one night- via Kyoto, and then back to Kyoto for a few nights before returning to Tokyo)
      Nara would be best but I cannot find mention of any temples offering shukubo either in Nara (or Uji, I don't know other areas between to search)
      In Kyoto I've found only names of a few places but no real information, reviews or contact details.
      I find copious amounts of information about Koyasan- However, we don't really have enough time to make it worthwile.

2 Answers Feb 18, 2008 at 6:31 AM
    • From nara to himeji

Nara Nov 15, 2007 at 8:29 PM

Hi, is there any available transportation from Nara to Himeji or vice versa?. Thanks

2 Answers Nov 17, 2007 at 8:45 PM
    • Camping in Nara

Nara Aug 3, 2006 at 7:37 AM

I am traveling with my partner to Nara next week, and our accommodations backed out on us at the last minute -- so, we thought it'd be nice to go camping. We have our own gear, and would like your info about the places to camp! We will also have JR Rail passes, so places we could access without extra travel costs are preferable.

Thanks!
      Millie

• MoogieCha's Profile Photo

Big BBQ in Nara

Nara Apr 21, 2006 at 7:53 AM

Hi,

This is a shot in the dark, but has anyone heard of a huge barbecue that's held every once in awhile somewhere in the countryside of Nara-ken? Apparently it's a huge bash where you pay one lump sum and eat as much as you like. If anyone has any information on this or knows where I can find some information, please leave a reply here. Thanks!

Moogs

• Please I need some help if possible

Nara Sep 19, 2005 at 1:19 PM

Hi I'm going to Nara for 5 days in October,
      and I have some question, which I hope some of you can help me with.

a) I have heard that there is a temple where you can stay in the city of Kamo close to Nara. Can you get me a telephone number for this place?

b) There should be a bus from Nara to Osaka airport. At what time does it depart from in the morning?

c) Can you recomend a one day hike in the Nara area. Maybe where you both see nature and temples?

And finaly I have heard that there in Japan should be some gigant mazes (see my question in the Kyoto forum). Do you know of one of these in the kyoto / Nara area?

I know it is a lot of questions but I hope you can help me. Or maybe you have an email adress for the yourist information?

Yours sincerely

Mads Blom

1 Answer Sep 25, 2005 at 3:56 AM
    • Sealady's Profile Photo

Travel from Nara to Kobe

Nara Jun 27, 2005 at 5:31 PM

Hi
      I am planning a day trip to Nara, but need to get to Kobe from Nara that evening. Could anyone tell me the best way to do this?
      Is there a direct train or bus? And how much would it cost?
      Many thanks in advance!
      Sally

3 Answers Jul 4, 2005 at 9:19 PM
    • EllenMorg's Profile Photo

accommodation in nara

Nara May 17, 2005 at 2:03 PM

Planning to visit Kyoto in July/August. Have heard that Nara is just as interesting but less touristy. Can anyone recommend fairly cheap places to stay, preferably Japanese style in a good location? Any other advice/information greatfully received.
      Thanks
      Ellen

2 Answers May 31, 2005 at 5:01 AM
    • Things to do in Kawai

Kawai Jan 7, 2005 at 7:51 AM

We like to hike and are big into geocaching. We are staying for 9 days. Will be have enough things to do? Suggestions are greatly appreciated.