change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• heydelin's Profile Photo

How to go to Shirakawago from Kyoto

Shirakawa Mar 28, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Hi everyone! For the first time, I am going to Japan. I only have 4 days to spend and my IT would include:

Day 1 and 2: Kyoto
      Day 3: Shirikawa
      Day 3: Osaka

How to go to Shirakawa-go from Kyoto? Is it cheaper to take a bus? I am a budget traveler and would love your suggestions! I found a tour from J-Hoppers for 11, 900 Yen for 1 night and 2 days tour from Kyoto to Shirawaka-go. Is it expensive or should I do it myself and instead spend half day in Shirakawa and stay the night back in Kyoto.

Thank you!

Haydee

more
    • SallyD10's Profile Photo

taxi to Horyuji

by SallyD10 Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I don't have much time in Nara so i wonder if a taxi to Horyuji is time effective. What do people think please

3 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    • How long roughly should I be spending here?

by Yathushan.Sivarajah Online Now Mar 11, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Hi, just wondering by looking at the following how many days should I spend here? Also, could anyone help me out on finding some cheap hostel accommadation?

Todaiji Temple
      Isuien Garden
      Kasuga Taisha

2 Answers Mar 27, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    • Nara English Guided Tour

by Sao23 Online Now Dec 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Any suggestions for goodwill English guided tour in Nara?
      I only have half a day (in the morning) to spend there, should I join a tour or tour by myself?

2 Answers Dec 10, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Transportation from Kyoto to Nara and distances once in Nara

by nomad7890 Online Now Aug 19, 2009 at 6:43 AM

I was looking in the keihan train page and saw that there is a train that goes from Kyoto to Nara, however, it seems you need to take a bus after the train drops you off.

Is there any other transportation from Kyoto to Nara that does not involve a transfer?

Once in Nara, is the area walkable - so would this make a good day trip from Kyoto?

5 Answers Aug 19, 2009 at 6:25 PM
    • patsouthwood's Profile Photo

Shrine sales/ Flea markets

by patsouthwood Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Are ther any Shrine Sales or Flea markets in Nara in July or August please?

• shukubo?

by dilaurorn Online Now Feb 17, 2008 at 12:05 PM

I am looking for Shukubo within close distance to Kyoto or Nara that does not object to americans,we plan to learn whatever we can so as not to offend by our ignorance. We really want to experience the prayers & meditations as well as shojin ryori.
      Because of our itinerary;(we have one day available before we go to Nara -for one night- via Kyoto, and then back to Kyoto for a few nights before returning to Tokyo)
      Nara would be best but I cannot find mention of any temples offering shukubo either in Nara (or Uji, I don't know other areas between to search)
      In Kyoto I've found only names of a few places but no real information, reviews or contact details.
      I find copious amounts of information about Koyasan- However, we don't really have enough time to make it worthwile.

2 Answers Feb 18, 2008 at 6:31 AM
    • From nara to himeji

by budiks Online Now Nov 15, 2007 at 8:29 PM

Hi, is there any available transportation from Nara to Himeji or vice versa?. Thanks

2 Answers Nov 17, 2007 at 8:45 PM
    • Camping in Nara

by NamasteTraveler Online Now Aug 3, 2006 at 7:37 AM

I am traveling with my partner to Nara next week, and our accommodations backed out on us at the last minute -- so, we thought it'd be nice to go camping. We have our own gear, and would like your info about the places to camp! We will also have JR Rail passes, so places we could access without extra travel costs are preferable.

Thanks!
      Millie

• MoogieCha's Profile Photo

Big BBQ in Nara

by MoogieCha Online Now Apr 21, 2006 at 7:53 AM

Hi,

This is a shot in the dark, but has anyone heard of a huge barbecue that's held every once in awhile somewhere in the countryside of Nara-ken? Apparently it's a huge bash where you pay one lump sum and eat as much as you like. If anyone has any information on this or knows where I can find some information, please leave a reply here. Thanks!

Moogs

• Please I need some help if possible

by QLR Online Now Sep 19, 2005 at 1:19 PM

Hi I'm going to Nara for 5 days in October,
      and I have some question, which I hope some of you can help me with.

a) I have heard that there is a temple where you can stay in the city of Kamo close to Nara. Can you get me a telephone number for this place?

b) There should be a bus from Nara to Osaka airport. At what time does it depart from in the morning?

c) Can you recomend a one day hike in the Nara area. Maybe where you both see nature and temples?

And finaly I have heard that there in Japan should be some gigant mazes (see my question in the Kyoto forum). Do you know of one of these in the kyoto / Nara area?

I know it is a lot of questions but I hope you can help me. Or maybe you have an email adress for the yourist information?

Yours sincerely

Mads Blom

1 Answer Sep 25, 2005 at 3:56 AM
    • Sealady's Profile Photo

Travel from Nara to Kobe

by Sealady Online Now Jun 27, 2005 at 5:31 PM

Hi
      I am planning a day trip to Nara, but need to get to Kobe from Nara that evening. Could anyone tell me the best way to do this?
      Is there a direct train or bus? And how much would it cost?
      Many thanks in advance!
      Sally

3 Answers Jul 4, 2005 at 9:19 PM
    • EllenMorg's Profile Photo

accommodation in nara

by EllenMorg Online Now May 17, 2005 at 2:03 PM

Planning to visit Kyoto in July/August. Have heard that Nara is just as interesting but less touristy. Can anyone recommend fairly cheap places to stay, preferably Japanese style in a good location? Any other advice/information greatfully received.
      Thanks
      Ellen

2 Answers May 31, 2005 at 5:01 AM