Nara Travel Answers

change location

Please I need some help if possible

by QLR Online Now Sep 19, 2005 at 1:19 PM

Hi I'm going to Nara for 5 days in October,
and I have some question, which I hope some of you can help me with.

a) I have heard that there is a temple where you can stay in the city of Kamo close to Nara. Can you get me a telephone number for this place?

b) There should be a bus from Nara to Osaka airport. At what time does it depart from in the morning?

c) Can you recomend a one day hike in the Nara area. Maybe where you both see nature and temples?

And finaly I have heard that there in Japan should be some gigant mazes (see my question in the Kyoto forum). Do you know of one of these in the kyoto / Nara area?

I know it is a lot of questions but I hope you can help me. Or maybe you have an email adress for the yourist information?

Yours sincerely

Mads Blom

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Cyncyn's Profile Photo

RE: Please I need some help if possible

by Cyncyn Online Now Sep 25, 2005 at 3:56 AM

hi Mads Blom, I went to Nara on July. When I travelled Nara, I found it was not a big area. I started from Kyoto to Nara by JR train. So I don't know how to go there by bus but I think if you don't know Japanese it's better for you to take JR train in Japan. And train is a convenient traffic in Japan. You can get on JR train in the Osaka airport. I have been to Toji temple which is the oldest temple in Nara. You can go there by bus or you can rent a bicycle. You can go to one of the tourist information centre in Nara where you will find any information of Nara. It is located near the JR Train station, by walk only takes 15-20 mins. You can find english version of map and information there.

Sorry I didn't hear about Gigant Mazes.

But you will find there are lots of deers inside the park of Nara easily.

Hope it helps !

cynthia

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines