Naples

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Campania Arte Card

by franpk Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 3:57 AM

How does this card work? We are spending 5 days in Naples and 5 days in Sorrento. We plan to travel by public transport and do the usual sights and some walking. My husband is over 65 and gets some monuments free. Will it be worth it for us

more
    • Campania Arte Card

by franpk Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 3:57 AM

How does this card work? We are spending 5 days in Naples and 5 days in Sorrento. We plan to travel by public transport and do the usual sights and some walking. My husband is over 65 and gets some monuments free. Will it be worth it for us

2 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Sorrento or Amalfi Coast tour?

by cmillard Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM

We are looking at taking a shore excursion from our cruiseship in Naples. We definitely want to see Pompeii, but we have the choice of Pompeii and some time in Sorrento or Pompeii and a drive along the Amalfi Coast. Which would be the nicer choice.

Thank you,
      Mickey.

7 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 7:16 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Pompeii and Herculaneum from Naples

by schmechi Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 5:39 AM

Is there a good way to reach the Roman sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum from Naples by public transport or would you recommend to hire a car?

10 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 3:18 AM
    • AN AFTERNOON IN NAPOLI, WHAT TO SEE / DO?

by JLOGROSSO Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 3:04 AM

We are staying in central Naples (Near the main station) in March and will have a Friday afternoon free.

Would welcome any suggestions as the best way to use this time, wander the centro storico? Or get a taxi to the coast? Or?
      Thanks
      John

8 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    • MuratU's Profile Photo

Naples to Lipari in 14 days

by MuratU Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Hi there,

I'm planning to visit South of Italy next week. Overall I've got two weeks so I'd like to fly to Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari. I thought I could base myself there and do some island hopping before returning to Naples to catch my flight back home.
      From other threads, I understand that people would like to spend a couple of days in Naples, (perhaps visit Ischia and Procida ) stay 1-2 nights each in Tropea and Maratea to see the beautiful beaches, maybe 2 nights in Taormina before taking the hydrofoil to Lipari from Milazzo. It would be a tremendous help if you could help me out with my itinerary. How many days/nights do you think I should spend in each town and from Lipari what would be best alternatives for daily trips to other islands?

I've also got another option where I could take the overnight ferry from Corfu to Bari. Take the train from Bari to see Matera and probably stay overnight before heading to Salerno, Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari?

Would I be better off renting a car from Naples or would you advise bus and train for the whole trip?

Grazie mille

• transfer from Naples airport to Minori hotel

by Savannah62650 Online Now Aug 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Looking for best service at teh lowest price as I am traveling alone - September 5, 2013

• I am going to Naples alone

by ceci_bastos Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I am horrified of hearing these things of Naples and seriously thinking of canceling my visit in Naples due for the day after tomorrow. I am a woman traveling solo,,What do you think?

19 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 5:10 AM
    • Shopping on Via Chiai

by wnorm Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I was just in Naples on July7 and shopped for great women's clothes at a small boutique. I brought back lots of stuff for my 2 adult daughters. The store is IC SRL on 84 Chiaia., 80121 Napoli. The tel # is 08134,26.725. I would like to order some clothes from them and ship it to canada. Does anyone know how I can contact the stores by email?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    • Italy sightseeing buses

by dcedillo Online Now May 28, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Do the sightseeing buses come near or to the ports of Rome, Naples, and Florence so passengers can hop on?

4 Answers May 30, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    • Best place to stay in Naples or closeby to also visit Pompei and the Vesuvius

by Danielef Online Now May 20, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Hi! We are a family of four who will travel from Perugia to the Amalfi Coast, but we plan to quickly visit Naples and Pompei. We will be travelling by car at this point. Any recommendations on where to stay? In Naples, closeby?? In large cities, I prefer taking public transportation, so a hotel or apartment close to bus or metro stops would be interesting for us. Thanks!

3 Answers May 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    • arrivo a Napoli con l aerio alle 20:10 e devo andare verso Melfi

by paesana Online Now May 18, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Come fare se si arriva in serata con i trasporti interni ?
      Dunque arrivare a Napoli verso le ore 21 e andare con un autobus/treno fino a Melfi ? c'è un servizio di notte ? grazie

2 Answers May 18, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    • nomadNY's Profile Photo

Ferry from Naples to Minori

by nomadNY Online Now May 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

hello, we will be traveling from Rome via train to Naples and then on to Minori. We would love to take a ferry for the last leg. Is this possible? Is it easy from the Napoli train station?
      Any help would be appreciated. we will be traveling on a weekday -midday in July.

thanks!

4 Answers May 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

6 days in Napoli

by diana_renou Online Now Apr 24, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Hi everybody!!! I will spend 6 days in Napoli next June and July. I would like to know how many days should I spend visiting the city and how many in a day trip to: Ischia? Ravello? Herculano? I have been in Sorrento, Capri, Amalfi, Positano and Pompey 10 years ago. I would like to go again to some places, but I dont know if I have enough time to go. I really apreciate any advice!!

12 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Hotel Neapolis Napoly from Napoly Train Stazione Centrale

by diana_renou Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Hello everybody!!! i am arriving to stazione di treni Centrale Napoli and have to go to Hotel Neapolis in Via Francesco del Giudice and Via Tribunali. Which is the cheapest and fastest way to go to the hotel? Many thanks for any advice!!!

1 Answer Apr 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • Napoli, car parking during one day

by mirceonel Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Hello.
      Some of my friends will be on holiday in Positano, in august, and we would like to take a one day trip to Napoli. We will arrive with our cars, but we would like to find some public parking, to leave the cars during visiting the city. Does anybody know some parking, on the way to Sorento (positano), easy to reach and safe, and close to some public transportation?
      Thank you.

7 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Naples Neighbourhood

by Karlie85 Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Hi everyone.

My husband and I will be in Naples for four nights in September. I feel like I need some advice on which would be the best neighbourhood(s) for us to stay in. We're in our late 20s and have traveled extensively in Italy and Europe, but never been to Naples. I'm not paranoid, but I am aware of Naples' reputation, so would like to stay in a neighbourhood where I feel safe. From what I gather, I shouldn't stay around the train station, and maybe not even in the Centro Storico?

We will be visiting the Archeological Museum, and will be taking a day trip to Mt. Vesuvius. We will probably also go to Pompeii again.

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Apr 5, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    • bonio's Profile Photo

Football tickets

by bonio Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 4:03 AM

I should be in Naples when there is a home game soon could anyone tell me if tickets are easily bought at the stadium or are there any outlets in the city?
      Many thanks!

2 Answers Apr 3, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    • MeganW10's Profile Photo

Easiest way from Airport to Port in Naples

by MeganW10 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM

We will be flying from Paris to Naples. What is the easiest/fastest/cheapest way to get to the port to take a hydrofoil to Capri? Also, what is the name of the port we need to go to to take a hydrofoil to Capri? I've read that taxis can run around 40.00 EUR from the aiport to the port. We would like something a little cheaper than that but something that doesn't stop a lot either. Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    • arriva in napoli e partenza per acerra

by raimondflorin Online Now Dec 20, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Hello, I intend to arrive in Acerra
      on Christmas Eve or maybe a day before. My problem is the arrival in
      Napoli, which will be probably around 2.00 a.m. CET/HEC (1.00 a.m. GMT).
      Can anyone suggest

first transport to Acerra in the morning? And where could I spend few
      hours relatively safe ? (24/24 cafe, maybe). Help me on this, thk. u.
      very much.

Place of disembarkment (from bus) at arrival: Via Amerigo Vespucci (most likely), or maybe P-zza Garibaldi (v. staztione di Napoli Centrale). I also understand that there is a problem with transportation in the Christmas Day.

Prompt me on raimondflorin@yahoo.co.uk, pls. thk.u.

Ciao, io intendo di arrivare a Acerra alla vigilia di Natale o forse un giorno piu prima. Mia problema c'e arriva in Napoli, che sara probabilmente c.ca 2.00 a. m. , a l'ora di Europa Centale / Italia ( 1.00 GMT). Qualcuno può dirmi che c'e il primo transporto di matina per Acerra ? E dove posso aspettare qualche ore in relativa sicurezza (forse un non-stop cafe). Prego, aiutami nella questa problema. Grazzie tante.
      Approdo sul bus alla arriva in Napoli c'e la Via Amerigo Vespucci (piu probabile), o forse P-zza Garibaldi (v. staztione di Napoli Centrale). Io capisco anche che c'e una problema con gli transporti di Napoli al giorno di Natale.
      Rispondemi subito qui o a raimondflorin@yahoo.co.uk, prego, mille grazie.

1 Answer Dec 20, 2012 at 3:08 AM
    • FridgeMagnet's Profile Photo

Circumvesuviana line

by FridgeMagnet Online Now Sep 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Do some of the trains on the Circumvesuviana line only stop in certain stations? How will I know which ones?

I was trying to get to Via Gianturca to check out a hotel but it bypassed the station which means I had an hour long trip for no reason since I had to get off at the first available stop and return to Napoli Central. It was getting dark by then and I didn't fancy wandering around in it!

12 Answers Sep 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

Naples on 2nd October 2012 for one day

by alisononthego Online Now Aug 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Hello, we arrive in Naples on 2nd October on our cruise ship NCL Epic. We have been in this port previously and on this occasion we visited Pompei. This time we would like to see Sorrento/Amalfi drive. Any suggestions on transport? As ever, the cruise ship excursions are expensive, but we are worried that if we take a private excursion and then get caught up in the traffic then we could miss our departure time. Its always a worry. What should we do in Sorrento? Just walk around or are there lots of must sees? Hope we get some nice weather here at this time of year. Thanks and regards, Alison

7 Answers Aug 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Safe way to go from train station to the hotel

by diana_renou Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Hi everybody!!! I would like to know which is the safer way to go from the Naples train station (I will be coming from Sicilia) to my hotel in Via Francesco Del Giudice 13. It is safe to take a taxi in the rail station for a woman travelling alone with 2 piece of lugagge? Many thanks for any advice!!!

2 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    • LY2007's Profile Photo

need hotel near Naples airport

by LY2007 Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 2:53 PM

After reading all the posts, I am still very nervous (and dreading) having to fly out of Naples in October 2012. I will travel by train from Sorrento on a Wednesday and fly out the next morning early (4:00 am check-in). I thought to stay at a hotel near the airport... I had reservations at the Charming Int'l Hotel, but just got notice that they went out of business. They suggested the Millenium Gold Hotel nearby. Anyone know about the airport hotels? If I check into a hotel after arriving, then try to go out to see the city and then get back to hotel, is that reasonable? I don't want to be out after dark. Is the airport far from town? Sorry to sound like a chicken...but I guess I am!

14 Answers Aug 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    • Where to buy Artecard in Naples Airport

by susan450 Online Now Jul 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Hi,
      Can someone advise me exactly where to purchase the Artecard in Naples Airport. I seem to miss things right in front of my eyes unless I know exactly where they are. Many thanks

3 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    • Naples to Coreno by car

by lmquillan Online Now Jul 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM

My grandfather came to the USA (alone) via Naples from Coreno,Italy when he was 16 many years ago. It's a small town (approx 850 families) about 50 miles from Naples and I know from Internet searching, the town directory and Ancestry searches that there are many families there with our family name connected to my grandfather. We will be arriving in Naples by cruise ship. We have secured a driver and our car rental is from 9:30 to 3:30. (We arrive at 8 and depart at 5) Can anyone tell me what the roads are like to Coreno from Naples and is the time we have reasonable. This is our 50th wedding anniversary trip and I have waited many years to go to Coreno. I am so proud of what my grandfather accomplished that I want to see where his journey began. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Answers Aug 2, 2012 at 6:36 AM
    • Which hotel?

by valtor Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I do not know what hotel to choose: Hotel Piazza Bellini, or The Decumani Hotel de Charme?
      It seems that Decumani has larger rooms, but the location is in not very pleasant and safe area.
      I saw only very positive opinions about Bellini and its location.

I understand that they are located not far one from another and close to many sightseeing’s.
      Is it really a big difference between the location of these two hotels, from point of view of safety and cleaning?

Which of them do you recommend?

• Tour company?

by BVIAnnie Online Now Jun 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Does anyone have any experience with "Tours of Pompeii" (toursofpomeii.com)?
      They've gotten great reviews on TripAdvisor but can't find any other place with reviews. Help!

10 Answers Jun 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM
    • Train from sorrento to naples and then to rome

by AmberP Online Now May 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Can someone please tell me when arriving from sorrento to Naples by train will I be coming in on the lowest level of the train station? And where would I go in order to get a train to Rome?. And how long would it take to walk to where I need to catch the train, do I need to have a lot of time between trains? Thank you for your help.

4 Answers May 27, 2012 at 2:33 AM
    • traveling from Naples to Sorrento

by stacnw Online Now May 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I'll be traveling from Rome to Sorrento in September. My travel agent has suggested the Eurorail from Rome to Naples, and then said we're "on our own" to arrange transportation to Sorrento from there. Based on our hotel website, it seems the best way to complete this trip is by using the local train "Circumvesuviana" to Sorrento, then take a bus or taxi to the hotel. Does this seem like the best way? Can anyone tell me how often this local train runs? And the price of a ticket?
      Thanks!!!

12 Answers May 15, 2012 at 2:54 AM
    • Travelling from Rome to Naples

by dominica002 Online Now May 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Hi All,
      I need to tavel from Rome to naples in June. Could someone please advise the best/quickest way to do this.
      Many thanks in advance!
      Dominica

6 Answers May 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM