Napa Travel Answers

change location
Cveilleux's Profile Photo

Looking for good Calistoga B&B

by Cveilleux Online Now Aug 19, 2009 at 9:03 PM

My husband and I are going on a bike tour and spending 2 nights in Calistoga. Anyone know of reasonable but charming nice B&B there?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for good Calistoga B&B

by puerto_lover Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 4:27 AM

Have been to Calistoga but not stayed. I just did a Google on Google Earth and it picked out this place - copy the entire link and put it in your browser. :

maps.google.com/maps?latlng=...

Your near Mount Helena where Robert Louis Stevenson spent his honeymoon in a miner's cabin ! I once tried to climb to the top but it was a 'mountain too far'. Just needed another hour or two.
    There's a RLS museum further down Napa valley that's well worth visiting.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • prometheus's Profile Photo

by prometheus Online Now Aug 21, 2009 at 11:49 AM

We just got back from Calistoga (and Napa). We stayed at the Indian Springs Inn. It is not small, but it has a huge spring-fed swimming pool. See their web site for photo. the Inn is recently remodeled. Our room was very nice with robes for visiting the spa. You can schedule massages. It is only a few minutes walk from downtown where there are several nice restauranrts. We can recommend Boskos for italian and Sarafornia for breakfast.
    Happy trails!

• Cveilleux's Profile Photo

by Cveilleux Online Now Nov 9, 2009 at 8:32 PM

We ended up staying at Indian Springs, it was wonderful and went to the breakfast place you recommended. It was also great. I would have not found this place without your suggestion.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines