Napa Travel Answers

change location

coming for weekend in July with 2 kids 3 & 7- where to stay?

by travelwithkids Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 12:00 PM

we are coming for 3 nights in July over the weekend , with 2 kids 3 & 7. Where should we stay? we are looking at hotels rather than B&B's since they do not usually have 2 beds and some don't allow children.
Any recommendations for a good hotel? we want to visit some wineries in the Napa Valley and Sonoma if possible, so we would like a central location.
I have also looked on vrbo.com for rental properties but those have limited availability and some are quite expensive.
we are looking to spend no more than200US/night if possible
any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • squidly2's Profile Photo

RE: coming for weekend in July with 2 kids 3 & 7- where to stay?

by squidly2 Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 6:16 PM

My husband and I stayed at Golden Haven in Calistoga. There is a pool heated by the springs that I think kids would like. The prices are in your range. Here's a link to my review. Calistoga Hotels
    This year I'm going to Sonoma, and have made reservations to stay in the Sandman Motel in Santa Rosa. There's a bunch of info on hotels on tripadvisor.

By the way, are you taking the kids to the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: coming for weekend in July with 2 kids 3 & 7- where to stay?

by travelgourmet Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 6:25 PM

AS mentioned the Jelly Belly Tour would be great for all, but the children really get a kick out of it. Located in Fairfield, a short distance from Napa Valley, it has restaurants and a great hotel with low rates. It is the Fairfield-Napa Holiday Inn Express and I have it listed on my Fairfield pages. I am returning next week. Have some tips on Napa and Sonoma as well.

• Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

RE: RE: coming for weekend in July with 2 kids 3 & 7- where to stay?

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 9:50 PM

I have stayed at the Travelodge in downtown Napa and it is very nice. The rooms have king beds with a fold out sofa sleeper. Try Downtown Joe's for lunch or dinner, food is good and reasonable.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines