Napa Travel Answers

change location
Herkbert's Profile Photo

Favorite winery to tour

by Herkbert Online Now May 31, 2006 at 7:22 PM

Hi folks.. Just wondering about everyone's favorite winery to tour. For us, it was Pine Ridge Winery. We had a very knowledgeable guide (Tom) and enjoyed the vines, wines and caves.

Plus, we visited on a Sunday and enjoyed the appelations and appetizers cooking demonstration that they presented.

Any others?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Favorite winery to tour

by wyocowgirl57 Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 2:17 PM

ZD winnery,cakebread cellers,korbell

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnnymoretti's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Favorite winery to tour

by johnnymoretti Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 10:13 PM

EHLER'S ESTATE WINERY

Getting a taste there is like tasting used to always be in the Napa Valley: friendly, conversational, and non-commercial.

I almost hate to tell people about it. Situated north of St. Helena, the 1886 stone winery overlooks 42 acres of vineyards. There is a lovely 100-year-old olive grove on the property that shades the bocce court, and an outstanding elevated picnic deck.

• RE: Favorite winery to tour

by RblWthACoz Online Now Aug 2, 2006 at 10:19 AM

I would definitely suggest the Vine Cliff winery. I have been to about 20 wineries and that is my favorite so far. The grounds area beautiful and the tour is a bit more personal than most others (a bit more expensive too...but very much worth it). Oh yeah...the wine is good too. He he. Don't forget to make an appointment for a tasting.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines