Napa Travel Answers

change location
sruffolo's Profile Photo

Girls trip to Napa

by sruffolo Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 12:41 PM

I am planning a girls long weekend trip (Thur-Monday,not till March) to Napa for myself, my two sisters, and my best friend. I just started to research this destination so I do not know very much. We all love wine but not real experienced drinkers and we have all wanted to experience the beauty of wine country. We want to stay at a more upbeat hotel, not anything quiet and boring. Our trip last year was Vegas and we don't expect that out of Napa but we still want to have a fun trip. Do you think this is attainable in Napa? Any suggestions on accomodations, things to do at night? We plan on getting transportation for the trips to wineries, other than that would we need a car?

Thanks in advance for everyones help. I just discovered this web site today and it seems very helpful!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: Girls trip to Napa

by travelgourmet Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 4:04 PM

Lots to do in Napa, but it is quiet at night. Suggest staying in San Francisco for the night life and tour Napa during the day. Check out the VT pages on Napa and the surrounding areas. Great tips from many VTers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

RE: Girls trip to Napa

by Roadquill Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 5:18 PM

Napa is very pretty, and the vines should at least be green with leaves in March. But Napa is a pamper place, not a party place. From a practical standpoint, let's say you do a limo or van with a guide. From 11 am to 5 you probably have time for maybe 7 wineries. Also, 5-6 tastings per winery. You get back to your room and it's Napa time. Also, some of the inns / hotels have free tastings in the late afternoon, early evening. Then plan on dinner around 8. More good wine, good food and you are out of the restaurant by 10 PM. There are higher end places in Napa where you can get massages, facials, all that jazz, but I don't know about that stuff. CALSF just stayed at the Embassy in Napa, I like the Bel Abri in Napa, but next time I will try the Hotel St. Helena in St. Helena. There are some great restaurants. Mustards, Brix, Bouchon, Terra, Cindy's Back Street Kitchen to name a few. Renting a car is cheap, so I would have one on hand. Karl

• Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Girls trip to Napa

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 5:36 PM

I agree, Napa is not about night life. However, you could stay in Larkspur (Marriott Courtyard) and take the ferry over to San Francisco at a better price than staying in the city or Napa. Then book a limo tour of the wine country and have them pick you up at the hotel.

• MonoBichi's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Girls trip to Napa

by MonoBichi Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 11:43 PM

I'd REALLY recommend a run up to Calistoga. More wineries and all sorts of hot water enjoying places.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines