change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• cheezecake_deli's Profile Photo

Purple-Gold Mountain (Zijin Shan) in Nanjing

by cheezecake_deli Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I'm planning a trip to Nanjing, China in spring. I have some questions relating to the Purple-Gold Mountain (Zijin Shan) scenic area:
      1. Does anyone know where the cable car there takes you? I'm assuming it's the Observatory of the Chinese Academy of Sciences at the top of the hill?
      2. Is it possible to walk/hike from the Observatory to Zixia Lake on the hill?
      Thanks in advance!

BW,
      Cheeze

3 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • NFL -- please help !!

by darrylmeattey Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM

WHERE CAN WE WATCH IT ?

1 Answer Nov 22, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    • NFL -- please help !!

by darrylmeattey Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM

WE ARE TRAVELING TO Gaoyou , , Is there any place that has satilight dishs to watch american football ,

4 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    • TravelToTibetFromNanjing

by tibettrip Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I am in China on a business (F) visa. I would like to go to Tibet around 15th of September from Nanjing. Could someone recommend tourist agencies that organise tours to Tibet, in Nanjing, if there are any? And is it possible to get a permit and go there in such short notice?
      Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Aug 28, 2013 at 4:37 AM
    • Romantic dinner

by Bellamedeiros Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I wanna bring my boyfriend out on his birthday. Where would we go? Somewhere romantic and maybe great Japanese or western food.

1 Answer Jul 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Daytrip - Memorial and tombs

by Karlie85 Online Now May 14, 2012 at 8:39 AM

We're planning on going to Nanjing for a day from Shanghai, not staying overnight.

We're most interested in seeing the Massacre Memorial. Wondering if we also have time to see the Ming tombs at Purple Mountain. How to get between the two sites, etc? Is there anywhere we could have lunch around either of those places?

Our hotel is arranging the train tickets for us and gave us a return time of 7pm. We would probably leave Shanghai at 8am taking the fast train.

1 Answer Jun 2, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    • Resort hotel

by sanscott Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Nanjing will be our next to last stop on a three-month trip. WE are tired! We are looking for a hotel where we can really relax. We saw some resort hotels listed but couldn't find a web site for they. They were all with hotel broker. Any suggestions? Thanks...

3 Answers Dec 5, 2012 at 3:48 AM
    • restaurant where hot water is thrown across room into your cup of tea

by yow2002 Online Now Jan 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I was in Nanjing about 12 years ago. I was taken to a restaurant where the waiter "threw" the hot water into your tea from across the room. It was from a large pot of water that is strapped to the waiter's shoulder.

The waiter throws a small amount of water (from anywhere in the room) and it lands in your cup and only a few drops may land on the table.

I can't find any mention of this on the internet.

In my opinion, this should be an olympic sport. It is amazing to see.

Has anyone seen this?

1 Answer Jan 10, 2011 at 2:36 AM
    • Sanneastrid's Profile Photo

Train ticket Shanghai - Nanjing

by Sanneastrid Online Now Dec 14, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Hey!

Me and my friend will be in Shanghai in a little less than two weeks and around the second of January we want to travel from Shanghai to Nanjing by train. I've heard that you have to book train tickets two weeks in advance?
      Does anyone have any experience with ordering these tickets online? I've found a couple of websites via seat61.com, but I'm not sure which one to pick.
      Hope someone can help me, thanks in advance!

5 Answers Dec 23, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    • obyjuan's Profile Photo

Proper Chinese Massage in Nanjing

by obyjuan Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 5:51 AM

Can anyone recommend a place to get a proper Chinese massage in Nanjing? and a Chinese Shampoo...Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 30, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    • Laserone's Profile Photo

YANGTZE RIVER CRUISES

by Laserone Online Now Jul 17, 2009 at 3:19 AM

HI as anyone been on a yangtze river? If so, please let me know where you hopped on and off and IF THER EIS A COPMPLETEE YANGTZE CRUISE or not.

thank you indeed.

Riccardo

4 Answers Sep 16, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    • night life!

by Lily73 Online Now Jun 7, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Could you please tell me if there are any night spots that play soft music
      and dance. Thank you.

Lily

1 Answer Jun 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM
    • dragon0419's Profile Photo

Nanjing agenda and train to HZ

by dragon0419 Online Now Dec 19, 2008 at 4:42 PM

I'm signed up for a one day tour of Nanjing and one day free. Do you think I need two full days to see all of Nanjing. I want to have enough time to see Sun Yat Sen's Memorial and the Massacre Museum. Can anyone recommend some food markets to visit in my free time. Lastly which train number do I catch to go to Hangzhou and where can I buy a ticket. I'll be staying at the Sofitel Hotel.

3 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 6:32 AM
    • kentthuan77's Profile Photo

Nanjing this weekend

by kentthuan77 Online Now Aug 25, 2008 at 1:15 AM

hello,
      i will take my first time trip to nanjing this weekend and would like to have any advise regarding night activities there.

thanks
      kent

2 Answers Aug 25, 2008 at 7:04 PM
    • where are they

by olivegroves Online Now Aug 22, 2008 at 4:56 AM

where do the expats hang out? -(aussies ect)

1 Answer Aug 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM
    • Buying a Bike in Nanjing?

by lkyser Online Now Aug 15, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Any suggestions for where to buy a bike in Nanjing?
      Also, any suggestions for Chinese speaking/listening classes?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 15, 2008 at 6:03 AM
    • mowerman's Profile Photo

yangzi river trip

by mowerman Online Now Jul 17, 2008 at 9:18 AM

will be in nanjing for ten days, i have few days free first week of septemer.has anyone out there done a trip around the three gorges area in the last six months, got a few days alone .will have done most of the obvious sights with my wife,any ideas welcome.

3 Answers Jul 24, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    • Sports Facilities

by billywhizz007 Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Hi, do you know where I can find a contact email and phone number for Nanjing Sports Park please?

I want to organise use of the athletics track to train there whilst visiting Nanjing.

Thanks for your help

1 Answer Jul 17, 2008 at 3:35 AM
    • DrSlump's Profile Photo

Nanjing (train)

by DrSlump Online Now Jun 29, 2008 at 9:31 AM

How can I get Shozou and Hangzou from Nanjing?. There is a train saervice available?

3 Answers Jul 16, 2008 at 9:19 PM
    • DrSlump's Profile Photo

Visiting Nanjing

by DrSlump Online Now May 30, 2008 at 4:50 AM

Hi everybody,

we are going to visit Nanjing on June, 28th.

Does somebody know some place "not to be missed"?.

P.D.: We are interested in "out of touristic guides" places.

Tanks in advance

5 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    • go-karts in NJ?

by fthirsby Online Now May 9, 2008 at 6:50 PM

any place to do go-karting in Nanjing ??

1 Answer May 9, 2008 at 11:23 PM
    • ellyse's Profile Photo

Nanjing Massacre Memorial Reopening 13th December 2007

by ellyse Online Now Dec 7, 2007 at 8:54 PM

As the subject line says, the Nanjing Massacre Memorial will be reopening on 13th December 2007, after being closed for renovations for more than a year.

Nanjing Massacre Memorial official English-language website: http://www.nj1937.org/english

This date is the customary anniversary of the Nanjing Massacre, and 2007 will be the 70th year.

I have been to this memorial at least twice before it was closed for renovation. I can only say that it is a place that any visitor to Nanjing should definitely visit. It is a place that holds a special significance for Nanjing's history and also for China's; and even more so for the tens of thousands who lost their innocent lives there. It stands as a reminder to never take peace for granted; peace that has been only been achieved after the deaths and suffering of an unthinkable amount of people. This is a memorial for those who died wanting peace, but who were unfortunately unable to enjoy it, unlike us today.

A group of friends and I will be making a trip on Thu-Fri 13-14/12 from Shanghai. If anyone is interested in joining us, or is interested in going on a later date, please feel free to contact me for more information. Email directly at ellyse99@yahoo.com and put "VirtualTourist" and your own username in the subject line so that I know who you are, thanks.

4 Answers Dec 8, 2007 at 8:19 PM
    • Where??????

by Wenzel Online Now Oct 29, 2007 at 7:41 PM

still new in this place of nanjing, and things are puzzling me with the following questions?
      where can I get a detailed english nanjing map?
      where can I have my facial care that is not that expensive in xinjiekou or da zhao nanlu?
      where can I take the shuttle bus going to METRO SHOP (a big department store)
      Where can I eat barbequ lamb? they said there is one in wangfudajie?

Thanks.

4 Answers Oct 31, 2007 at 12:47 AM
    • Nanjing long distance buses

by fthirsby Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 7:55 PM

I'm baffled by the many long distance busses in Nanjing. It seems like you can go almost anywhere, but I never know where to start. So far, I know that to go South, go to the Zhonghuamen atation, and to go NE, go to the station near to the northern train station.

But I need to go to Jiangyin now. Anyone know the right station ?

3 Answers Oct 23, 2007 at 12:09 AM
    • RusskiPower's Profile Photo

Traditional accommodation in Nanjing

by RusskiPower Online Now Oct 11, 2007 at 4:03 PM

I'm looking for some characteristic traditional accommodation in Nanjing (and also Suzhou, Hangzhou, Huangshan and Shanghai for that matter) but whatever I try only modern concrete block hotels turn up in my search results.

Is it just bad luck or such places really don't exist?

Thanks a lot in advance!

14 Answers Oct 24, 2007 at 3:15 AM
    • shopping

by turisto Online Now Oct 8, 2007 at 6:00 PM

I wanted to know whee to shop for a hand made quilt and also a goo quality of mahjong set. My friends in shanhgai and beijing told me that we can get a good quality and cheaper too compare to where i stay

• Nanjing Massacre Museum

by xiaolian Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 10:10 PM

Hi Folks, I went to see this museum in January/07 and it was closed. I will be back in October/07, can anyone tell me if it will be open then?
      Thanks,
      Joe.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2007 at 12:12 AM
    • Where to shop for cloth/silk in meters?

by asmah Online Now May 11, 2007 at 9:46 PM

I have been to shanghai and beijing, but intend to travel to Nanjing this June 2007. Does anyone reading this know where I could shop for fabric/material (silk/linen/coton?) sold in meters? Usually they are displayed in rolls, and to are sold in meters. Anyone please help. Thank you.

1 Answer May 16, 2007 at 12:46 AM
    • susanpingu's Profile Photo

Airport shuttle bus

by susanpingu Online Now Jan 29, 2007 at 8:27 PM

I plan to stay at Nanjing Danfeng International Hotel, 59-1 Yushi Street, North Floor 5, Nanjing, when I visit a few weeks from now. This hotel rates seem low, about USD9 for a single private w/o bath but is it in a good central location in Xinjiekou? Is there a better one I should consider?

Oh yes, where can I find the airport shuttle bus at Nanjing airport to go downtown Xinjiekou? I don't want to spring for a taxi(Y150 I've heard) since I'm travelling alone. Details on how to take the airport bus, transfers, etc. greatly appreciated. Thanks.

8 Answers Feb 5, 2007 at 8:06 PM
    • Rising Sun Anger Release Bar in Nanjing

by mcfly1885 Online Now Dec 2, 2006 at 2:01 AM

Anyone know the address or whereabouts of the Rising Sun Anger Release Bar in Nanjing?

3 Answers Oct 11, 2007 at 3:59 PM