change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• gwened's Profile Photo

VT meeting just for info

Paris Jul 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM

This is to try to end what was promise to many . I like to give you the chance to come to my beautiful cities and see things usually not seen by the casual visitor.
      I will be taking you along or with the help of a curator or historian locally. the places will be in consecutive days,but order not chosen yet.
      Paris, underground tour Eiffel, the view of the Chapelle Expiatoire, a boat ride into the countryside;etc.
      Versailles, a look at the underground pumps that feed the gardens of the palace museum, the other Versailles (its more than the palace!), the parks inside the domaine de Versailles even going back the Grand Canal with goodies going back to 1741.
      Fontainebleau, going into rooms not accessable by general public ,even those I do meetings there of historical value, and a guided tour of the city.
      I like to see the interest on it and will try post in forums of these cities too. Eventually will break up the signup into each city to determine number of participants.
      I will come up with ideas to you for lodging, eating, and transportation. So here is your chance again. And thanks to those who have kept mentioning to me here.

more
    • taxis in calvi or taxi companies in calvi

Calvi Jul 14, 2014 at 3:46 AM

can one obtain a taxi from calvi port back up the steep hill to the regina hotel

more
    • travel through Rouen to le Mans

Rouen 10 hours ago

Understand bridge is closed so please can anyone give easy instructions for getting through Rouen .

more
    • pedroswift's Profile Photo

Where to purchase Champagne?

Champagne-Ardenne 16 hours ago

We are road tripping in the Champagne Region in about a week's time. Any Champagne drinkers out there???
      Looking for recommendations on where to taste and purchase from cooperative-manipulants or recoltant-cooperateur/ -manipulants (smaller houses). Will be stopping at a couple of our favourite places in Cumiers but seek a couple more which we have not visited before. Thanks in anticipation de p.

more
    • Romantic places in Lyon

Lyon Jul 21, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I'm taking a road trip with my girlfriend, and am planning on proposing to her when we visit Lyon, as I was living there as a student when we first met.

Are there any particularly good places for this that anyone can recommend? My first thought was fourviere, but would happily hear more suggestions as I have not been back since 2008!

Thanks!

more
    • Perouge travel

Lyon Jul 20, 2014 at 1:21 AM

What is the best way to travel from Lyon to Perouge

more
    • The earliest bus to Corsica Ferries in Bastia

Bastia Jul 13, 2014 at 6:36 AM

I will be traveling to Italy, and would like to know if anyone knows what website to visit for info on the local buses here in Bastia, or if anyone knows the hours of the local buses here in Bastia (I live by Furiani village). Thank you so much :-)

more
    • alihan23's Profile Photo

restaurants

Bonifacio Jul 9, 2014 at 1:33 AM

where to eat in Bonifacio? Lunch and dinner

more
    • looking for a travel partner who is driving

Taizé Jul 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM

is there anyone travelling to Taize by car on weekend the 19th July.
      Flexible with dates, to travel either thursday or friday

more
    • Carcassonne to Homps

Carcassonne Jul 7, 2014 at 7:56 AM

6 adults with baggage need to get from Carcassonne to Homps on a Saturday. Detailed info (name of taxi services or train/bus services) especially helpful. Thanks so much
      Anne

more
    • Taxis at night

Hossegor Jul 7, 2014 at 4:47 AM

Hi, will be staying in Capbreton late August and will want to go out in Hossegor - is it safe to assume we will find taxis at the end of a night out?

Thanks
      C

more
    • Transportation

Rosenwiller Jul 6, 2014 at 9:18 AM

What public transportation is available from the Strasbourg train station to Rosenwiller

more
    • TGV-angouleme-parking

Angoulême Jul 5, 2014 at 2:53 AM

we take the TGV sunday and want to get to Angouleme by car. Does anyone know a cheap park-possibilety for ca. 14 days?

more
    • Shore Exhursion at La Seyne Sur Mer on August 19?

Toulon Jul 4, 2014 at 11:22 AM

The cruise ship is going to port at La Seyne Sur Mer 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on August 19. We are not sure whether we should visit Toulon (e.g. cable car ride and swim at the beach) or visit Bandol and Sanary Sur Mer. My teenage child would certainly love to have a swim for a couple of hours at a lovely beach. Any suggestions? If it is the latter, please provide travel information from La Seyne Sur Mer to Bandol and Sanary Sur Mer. Is it easy to take a cab from ther back to the port and how much would that cost?

more
    • Practical advice needed for lyon,france

Lyon Jun 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I am coming to lyon france from clermont ferrand with a baby in a stroller. I have no transport on my own and will depend on local lyon transport. Can any1 advice how should i plan my day as I have to return to clermont ferrand by evening. I don't wish to go to museums or anything related to art as I have limited international history knowledge. I just have one day so I wanted someone to help.
      thanx

more
    • Fiching - aller à la pêche

Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Jun 30, 2014 at 3:32 AM

What are the fishing possibilities in the region?
      We are a family of four members from Finland and going to stay a week at the camping site Les pêcheurs 19th - 26th July.

Merci pour votre réponse en anglais ou fr

more
    • Angouleme for bastille day

Angoulême Jun 29, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Hi, I'm planning a trip to France in July. Is Angouleme a good place to be for Bastille Day? I'm trying to choose between Angouleme and Bordeaux - can anyone tell me what to expect? Will there be festivities during the day on 14 July? Or is it mainly in the evening with fireworks?
      Thank you, Yvette

more
    • rent studio

Lille Jun 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM

hi, im gona start in august college in lille and i need to rent a studio for 4 months. Can you help me where can a look for apartment close to vauban st, lille centre, or places close to this ones. What papers an international student need for rent apartment etc???

thks!!

more
    • French Sim Cards to call outside France

France 23 hours ago

We will be in France for one month and would like a sim card that allows reasonable rates for calling to other countries. Our calls will mainly be to Italy and US. What is the most reasonable company for this type of use. Switzerland has a sim card that is extremely reasonable when calling outside Switzerland. Does France have the same?

more
    • Day Trip from Annecy to Mont Blanc

Annecy Yesterday

We will be in Annecy for a little more than a week in early September. Is it possible to take a day trip up Mont Blanc from there by public transport. Is there a public tour that makes that trip in a day. What other towns would be interesting for day trips from Annecy. Thanks for the help.

more
    • Car Hire early open times - Roscoff

Roscoff Yesterday

We arrive at Roscoff at 7am, by ferry on 27th Aug. Does anyone know of a car hire firm open at this time? They all seem to open at 10am, I could be half way accross France in 3 hours and don't want to wait that long.  Please help.

more
    • gwened's Profile Photo

VT meeting just for info

Versailles Jul 21, 2014 at 8:43 AM

This is to try to end what was promise to many . I like to give you the chance to come to my beautiful cities and see things usually not seen by the casual visitor.
      I will be taking you along or with the help of a curator or historian locally. the places will be in consecutive days,but order not chosen yet.
      Paris, underground tour Eiffel, the view of the Chapelle Expiatoire, a boat ride into the countryside;etc.
      Versailles, a look at the underground pumps that feed the gardens of the palace museum, the other Versailles (its more than the palace!), the parks inside the domaine de Versailles even going back the Grand Canal with goodies going back to 1741.
      Fontainebleau, going into rooms not accessable by general public ,even those I do meetings there of historical value, and a guided tour of the city.
      I like to see the interest on it and will try post in forums of these cities too. Eventually will break up the signup into each city to determine number of participants.
      I will come up with ideas to you for lodging, eating, and transportation. So here is your chance again. And thanks to those who have kept mentioning to me here.

more
    • Name of the shop

Malaucène Jul 21, 2014 at 3:17 AM

In Malaucene there is a lovelly home ware shop, selling curtains, quilted bed covers etc on the main street with an English speaking lady there - what is the name and telephone number of this shop?

more
    • place to live in Strasbourg

Strasbourg Jul 19, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Hi there,
      i am going to live in Strasbourg for a while as a foreign student. I would like to know which is the best and safer neighborhood to live there.
      thanks a lot!

more
    • daily life

Fécamp Jul 18, 2014 at 10:27 AM

What is daily life like in Fecamp? My son is considering an offer to live there for 8 months. He is 23, speaks French. He is unsure. Maybe too small? Thank you.

more
    • Fun excursion for 8 young adult travelers

by jsteslow Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 8:31 AM

We will be traveling as missionaries in the Nancy area (8 young adults) and are hoping for ideas for a memorable day of liesure, fun, adventure at a reasonable price.

Thank you!

1 Answer Jun 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    • Lesson/Class to take in Nancy

by jess62 Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Hi,

I would like to know if you can take any classes in the following or equally any activities a group of 14 people can do in Nancy?

Classes in:
      Pottery Making
      Macaron baking/Making

Thanks

3 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    • Alex123456789's Profile Photo

car in Nancy

by Alex123456789 Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I arrive in Nancy on a Sunday in July, after the car rental places close. Anyone know of a reliable taxi for transport to Sexey-aux-Forges and Agincourt?

1 Answer Jun 4, 2013 at 3:42 AM
    • flea markets and second-hand shops

by dafid Online Now Mar 30, 2008 at 8:50 AM

i'm going to nancy in two weeks and wonder if there are flea markets and second-hand shops there. if any body know where and open hours, i'll be graetfull :-)

2 Answers Mar 31, 2008 at 6:49 AM
    • Sundays in Nancy

by KVartan Online Now Mar 7, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Please tell me if 1) any very good restaurants are open for lunch/noontime on Sunday 2) if yes, would you please recommend one or two 3) PLEASE, what are the times for mass at the Cathedral? I have searched for hours; I would like to hear the organ, but can't find when services are held. Thank you very much!! kv

2 Answers Mar 7, 2008 at 9:39 PM
    • Luggage storage for the day in Nancy

by RSchanz Online Now Dec 26, 2007 at 7:18 AM

I plan on spending a day in Nancy en route to Paris by train. Is there a place to store luggage (i.e. the train station) while we tour the city?

3 Answers Dec 26, 2007 at 8:59 AM
    • nancy atmosphare and prices of food

by dafid Online Now Oct 30, 2007 at 9:06 AM

my daughter is coming next week to stay in nancy for a year. what is nancy like-compare to paris? we wonder what are the prices there..tomatoes, milk, fruits..etc. what is the best chain to buy food (center city) and if there is a daily or weekly food market and where is it located. thanks for any help

1 Answer Oct 31, 2007 at 7:56 AM
    • travel from Nancy, France to Brussels

by froso Online Now May 11, 2007 at 2:21 AM

please explain me how can I travel to Brussels from Nancy. I need the nearest distance (the lowest hours. thank you very much

1 Answer May 11, 2007 at 3:31 AM
    • Alice-Kees's Profile Photo

How do I get from Nancy to Salonnes?

by Alice-Kees Online Now Mar 30, 2006 at 12:50 PM

In a few weeks I need to travel to Salonnes, which is located some 25 kms east of Nancy, France. From Nancy, there should be buses to Salonnes (or Chateau Salins). Does anybody know where I can find a timetable for this service?

1 Answer Mar 30, 2006 at 10:05 PM
    • 11dana's Profile Photo

Who are in Nancy ,in this period?

by 11dana Online Now Mar 16, 2006 at 11:52 AM

A meeting in Nancy?

2 Answers Sep 21, 2007 at 2:01 AM
    • 11dana's Profile Photo

trip

by 11dana Online Now Nov 2, 2005 at 11:06 AM

hi,is it possible 'to take a look'over Brussels&Amsterdam',in a week_end(departure from Nancy?)Short time,i know;the trains of the night,does it exist?Thank you!
      D

1 Answer Nov 2, 2005 at 11:23 AM
    • nancy shopping

by muddler Online Now Jan 12, 2003 at 5:44 PM

I am traveling to Nancy in mid-July with a medium sized group and I would love to buy a Nancy t-shirt to show off before I go. I can't find anything on the 'net. Can anyone help. My e-mail is geling@mmc.org

2 Answers Jan 13, 2003 at 2:29 AM