Nanaimo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kid Friendly Sites

Kelowna Jul 1, 2014 at 11:10 PM

We are the grandparents of a seven year old granddaughter. We plan on touring around BC with her for a holiday this summer. What are some recommended sites to see/do while in or around Kelowna?

more
    • stuff to do

Prince George Jun 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM

In town for one night .... what's the best outdoor spot to go to within city boundary?

more
    • Wine tour in Okanagan Valley

Kelowna Jul 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Hi there!
      I'm doing a 10-day road trip through BC at the end of July, and Kelowna will be one of the stops for 2 nights. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good wine tours or the best areas (Naramata, West Kelowna, South Okanagan, etc) to tour? I'm looking for a tour that is fun, knowledgeable (as I do know a bit about wine already), and I'd love to go through wineries that are scenic. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks! :)

more
    • Can one connect with public buses when using the Brentwood - Mill Bay ferry?

Victoria Jul 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I am going to visit Victoria in the fall and wonder whether there are public buses connecting to the little ferry that goes between Brentwood and Mill Bay so that I could do a trip to Shawnigan Lake, for example.

more
    • Apou's Profile Photo

What's the nice place to go out on friday or saturday night?

Vancouver Jul 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

A place for 25 years and over... :)

more
    • Rent a car necessary

Vancouver Jul 11, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Spending a week in Vancouver this summer, if I want to go to Lynn Canyon and/or Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, will I need to rent a car or is there good public transportation?
      Tnx

more
    • Biting, stinging bugs

Wells Gray Provincial Park Jul 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Is there any way to keep from getting eaten and stung by all those bugs, or do you just deal with it?

more
    • What are the documents needed to cross the usa/canada border for visitors (new zealanders)

Vancouver Jul 14, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Planning to drive from seattle to vancouver, what documents do we need (i.e. we are new zealanders) besides passports
      I would also like to know, if driving conditions around january is safe in vancouver? does snow, do we need chains?

Any tips would be great

Thank you.

more
    • Vancouver Island - 2 days

Vancouver Island Jul 6, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Hi there, I'm planning a 10 day road trip through BC and the Alberta rockies, and I have allotted 2 days to be on Vancouver Island. We will likely be camping both days, and would just like to visit beautiful places and spend time outdoors. I would love visiting or camping near a beach there one or two nights. Seeing wildlife would be a bonus! I don't need to drive all around the island, I just want to spend 2 scenic days on the island. Any suggestions?

more
    • After your comments I am seriously thinking to cancel my family vacation.... but...

Vancouver Jul 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I have a serious problem because I already bought my non-refundable flight tickets (they cost me a fortune by the way) and after all your comments, I am thinking just to to Victoria and avoid completely Vancouver.

Is that a good plan?.. or even Victoria also presents similar situations as Vancouver...

Thank you so much in advance for your advice...
      Bob

more
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Does anyone know what kind of market this was?

Vancouver Jul 11, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Me and my cousin walked into this street market in Gastown, and started filming, and we almost got jumped. The market was set up right next to the Ranier Hotel on the corner of Carrall and W. Cordova St. It was a Sunday.
      Anyways, those guys got really angry that were filming, and when we asked them why we can't film, they didn't answer, and were looking at us the whole time. Who were those guys? Why were they so angry about the camera? Were they selling stolen property? What kind of market was this?

I wrote a warning about it, with pictures.
      "Almost Got Jumped By Street Vendors" - Vancouver Warnings Or Dangers Tip by briantravelman

I was with my cousin who lives there, and HE didn't know what it was. His guess was as good as mine. Please, any information will help. I would like to know who these guys were who almost jumped us. I've never had anything like this happened before.

more
    • JosueGonzalez's Profile Photo

Best way from Vancouver: Air, Ferry or Car?

by JosueGonzalez Online Now Oct 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM

We need to bring a marine diving robot (in a normal suitcase) for up-dates to Nanaimo. Which do you guys think is the best, safest, economical or normal to transport it?

1 Answer Oct 23, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    • the_p0et's Profile Photo

Bed and Breakfast

by the_p0et Online Now Jul 18, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Hello!

Do any of you know of a B&B in/near Nanaimo which has a private outdoor hot tub for it's guests? (not shared w/ the other guests)

Tks

1 Answer Jul 18, 2008 at 9:53 PM
    • MaryQ's Profile Photo

Port Hardy to Nanaimo

by MaryQ Online Now May 24, 2005 at 3:25 PM

Does anyone know how long of a drive it is from Port Hardy down to Nanaimo?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 8, 2005 at 9:56 AM
    • LICENSE PLATE HOLDERS

by bristol48 Online Now Jun 21, 2004 at 5:33 PM

My friend & i will be vacationing in Tofino mid July & staying at Ocean Village resort from July 12 thru July 17th. We were hoping to be able to meet up & have friendly conversation & lunch & or dinner with middle aged women. Also need help finding license plates holders on Vancouver Island that say Canada on it. Looked all over last year when we visited & all were sold out. Thanks, Maria

5 Answers Jun 22, 2004 at 10:30 AM