Namibia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Windhoek shopping and accomodation

Namibia Yesterday

Hello, what is the best affordable place to stay in Windhoek? I was thinking Protea, kindly advise if it is good enough and also where can I shop for affordable quality clothing in Windhoek?

more
    • annwag's Profile Photo

Mosquito protection

Namibia Apr 8, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I would like to know your, guys, personal opinion about taking antimalarial drugs while visiting the area Kvango / Okavango this month. I am accustomed with CDC and WHO rules, but I have some medical contradiction to take that kind of medicines so I am a bit anxious. Both are risky for me.
      The second question is about as good as possible repellent avaible in Namibia. There in Poland the efficient repellents are out of reach. Any recommendation?
      Thanks for your time

more
    • Windhoek shopping and accomodation

Namibia Yesterday

Hello, what is the best affordable place to stay in Windhoek? I was thinking Protea, kindly advise if it is good enough and also where can I shop for affordable quality clothing in Windhoek?

1 Answer 23 hours ago
    • annwag's Profile Photo

Mosquito protection

Namibia Apr 8, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I would like to know your, guys, personal opinion about taking antimalarial drugs while visiting the area Kvango / Okavango this month. I am accustomed with CDC and WHO rules, but I have some medical contradiction to take that kind of medicines so I am a bit anxious. Both are risky for me.
      The second question is about as good as possible repellent avaible in Namibia. There in Poland the efficient repellents are out of reach. Any recommendation?
      Thanks for your time

5 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    • enjoyment for newly graduates

Swakopmund Mar 4, 2014 at 4:56 AM

me and the girls decided to have a girls weekend at the coast on the 21 March weekend, which SAVE places can you sugest.

• the weather issue - need to decide if we can go in october

Namibia Jan 27, 2014 at 5:15 AM

this will be our first africa trip and are therefore clueless - thanks in advance for your help! is it wise to visit namibia in october? planning is just beginning, but it seems we'd want to visit etosha, some desert, a little coast. that's as far as we've got...game viewing is crucial! the rest negotiable. not considering much of southern namibia. so is october a good time?

2 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 6:18 PM
    • YOUTH DAY OUT

Swakopmund Jan 16, 2014 at 3:17 PM

where can a youth group of 30 people spend a Friday night in swakopmund?

1 Answer Jan 25, 2014 at 4:02 PM
    • Private Party

Windhoek Jan 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Does anyone know of a place for hire for a private teenagers birthday party?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    • Exploring the whole length of namibian coast.

Namibia Jan 1, 2014 at 2:36 AM

I just want to find out what is the possibility to explore the coast of Namibie. Who must I contact and what must I do.

5 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 5:46 PM
    • Transport to Amaror

Omaruru Dec 4, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Require transport for one person from Windhoek to Omaruru

1 Answer Dec 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM
    • lianshulu lodge

Namibia Oct 18, 2013 at 4:57 AM

is lianshulu lodge open

1 Answer Oct 18, 2013 at 5:04 AM
    • Would love to join a group going to Namibia (& possibly Botswana)

Namibia Oct 1, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Hi,
      I'm looking to connect with a group going from Cape Town to Namibia (and possibly also Botswana) sometime in October or early November.
      I'll bring good company, beer, and money for petrol, etc!
      Cheers!
      - Anna

2 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    • Shuttle between Karibib and Omaruru

Omaruru Sep 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I am travelling from the coast on Thurdsday with intercape and am looking for a reliable shuttle or taxi from Karibib to Omaruru.

• Travel mates (11/09 - 02/10)

Namibia Aug 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hey, we're 2 students hiring a 2x4 to travel Namibia on low budget.
      We'll visit Tirasmountain, Sossusvlei, Naukluft-Park, some of the coast, Spitzkoppe, Etosha, Waterberg.
      If any of this sounds interesting to you, we'll be happy to have you for at least a part of our trip.
      Write me an e-mail: j.wesselmann@live.de!

Henning and Jana

1 Answer Aug 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    • Ship Or Independent Shore Excursion

Namibia Aug 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM

On a Cruise is it better to use Ships Booking or use an Independent Travel agent for Excursion to Walvisbai & Swakopmund

2 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    • What to do in Walvis Bay;should I Go top Swakopmund?

Namibia Aug 15, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Is a trip to Swakopmund a good idea for Seniors?

8 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    • sjokatt's Profile Photo

Serious and cheap safari company

Namibia Aug 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I'm going to Namibia in the end of December and look for a safari company. My preferences are animals, nature and activities as riding and bush walking. I'm not interested in playground places like Swakopmund and does not like to travel in large groups. I'm on budget and look for an inexpensive camping safari. Can anyone suggest a good and affordable safari company?

4 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    • pyraht's Profile Photo

fish river canyon

Namibia Aug 4, 2013 at 3:01 AM

i will be visiting namibia in january is it worth going to fish river canyon at this time of year. I am also a bit confused about the skeleton coast we were wanting to drive part of it which are the best parts and what are the accomodation options. Also is buying a tent and camping an option for most of Namibia. Any help will be much appreciated.

7 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • darrmont's Profile Photo

Safari Driving in namibia and doing the Caprivi strip

Namibia Jun 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We are considering a self drive safari in Namibia in September and have thought of driving from Windhoek and finishing in Kasane in Botswana, I know the rental companies will charge a one fee but I wondered if anyone has done this trip and what the roads are like to the North along Caprivi. Also are there any major issues crossing the borders into Botswana and Zambia. I would love to hear from someone who has done this trip or if anyone knows of a books or video on the subject of travelling in that particular area.

6 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    • Travel Agent

Windhoek Jun 10, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I will be traveling in a few days time to Zimbabwe victoria falls. i would like to get in touch with a travel agent that that can help me get in touch with Royal cultural lodge, 517 jacaranda crescent victoria falls.

4 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    • darrmont's Profile Photo

Car rental in Namibia

Namibia Apr 15, 2013 at 5:49 AM

We are planning a trip to do a self drive safari in namibia and we hope to start in Windhoek and finish in Kasane (botswana), does anyone have any experience of doing this sort of trip and I amparticularly interested in experience of rental companies as i have heard some bad stories about their practises in charging for damage to vehicles, also concerned that one ways may be expensive with some of them. I am also interested in experience of Africa flight passes and how they work as I also plan to go to either mauritius or the Seychelles for a fort night afterwards. Any suggestions on any of this will be very useful, the schedule is likely to be summer 2014 so a bit away but we are planning at this stage.

4 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    • MariaS83's Profile Photo

Travelling easter weekend in Namibia

Namibia Mar 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I would like to know if there is anyone or group travelling next weekend and want some company. I am living in Windhoek and could use some company to travel around on easter weekend.
      Thanks,
      Maria

1 Answer Mar 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

8hours in Walvis-bay what can I do ?

Walvisbaai Mar 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I will have about 8 hours in Walvisbay and there will be around 1500 people on our cruiseship.
      Will there be enough capacity for most of these 1500 to get on a tour to watch the pelicans & seals ?

4 Answers Mar 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    • Where in: Etosha, Damaraland and Sossusvlei

Namibia Mar 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there has any strong opinions on favourite campsites in Etosha? We want to enter in the western section of the park and exit in the east. We are thinking 2 different sites over the 3 days.

Also, we are spending 3 days in Damaraland and are planing on basing ourselves at the Hoada campsite. Is this a good area of which to base yourself?

Lastly, we are planning on spending 2 nights at the Sossus Oasis Campsite in and around Sossusvlei, is this a good site to base yourself? I've also heard great things about Sesriem. would it be better to choose that campsite?

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Jeremy

4 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    • Amended Itinerary Questions

Namibia Mar 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM

After great feedback and careful consideration, we've managed to cut out a few places from our itinerary in hope of having ample time to enjoy what we feel are the more important areas of Namibia.

We would love some feedback before we commit to this and start booking places to stay.

9/1/2013 Windhoek 9/2/2013 Waterberg 9/3/2013 Etosha 9/4/2013 Etosha 9/5/2013 Etosha 9/6/2013 Etosha 9/7/2013 Damaraland 9/8/2013 Damaraland 9/9/2013 Damaraland 9/10/2013 Skeleton coast/Swakopmund 9/11/2013 sossusvlei 9/12/2013 sossusvlei 9/13/2013 sossusvlei/Windhoek

6 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    • Tell me about deoria uttar pradesh india. I want to go there.

Usakos Feb 27, 2013 at 3:27 AM

ok

1 Answer Feb 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • HPeri's Profile Photo

Namibia and Victoria falls area in 28 day. Via JNB or not ?

Namibia Feb 24, 2013 at 6:14 AM

My wife and I are going to visit Namibia and Victorea Fall area for 28 days during mide June to mide July and would like to get your opinion in selecting between the following options.

First something about ourself; we take our time during traveling. We love watching animals, nature, different local cultures, local schools (my wife is a teacher of special education) etc.; as we are keen in photography, we are traveling slower than many other travelers.

I traveled in Namibia 4 years ago covering Windhoek, Sesriem, (little sossus lodge) Swakomund, Cape cross; skeleton coast, Damaraland; Palmwag lodge; Kaokland; Camp Aussicht, Opuwo, Epupa falls, Ermo and Etosha in 23 days, we did it with a 2x2 (Corola) and it was fine.

I didn't drive manual transmission for many years and my capability in driving in tough roads is minimal

Our basic itinerary is : Swakomund, Cape cross, North to the The Himba and Herero ; A private farm or two, Etosha, Victoria Falls (Zambezi cruise, Livingstone Island Chobe trip perhaps both Zim and Zam sides, maybe Mukuni Big Five Safaris) all this in approx. 28 days.(south Namibia is not desired now)

We start from Johannesburg; so we see two main options:

Option one:

Fly JNB to WDH, rent a car at WDH (as we did last visit) do all the tour till Caprivi, return the car; find a way to ride to Victoria; visit the area and fly from Victoria to JNB and home

Option two: Rent a car at JNB; drive to Namibia (while visiting few interesting places on the way 3-4 days), do all the Namibia tour, drive to VF (via Bots and Zimb); visit the area and drive to JNB in 3-5 days in one of the two options:

1. Via Botswana (e.g. drive to Maun and arrange a local tour in the Okavanga Delta) Or
      2. via Zimbabwe (e.g.via Antelope park or Hwange/Matopos perhaps using local tour).

We would like to get your opinion about the options.

If we rent the car in JNB we have to cross many boarders with the car (to Bots and to Namibia and to Bots, and to Zimb and to Bots again and to SA)

How complicated and expensive is all those borders crossing with a rented car?

In case you recommend this option, shall we select Bots or Zimb as main way south to JNB ? (I saw some post below with favore on Zimb)

Can all this be done with 2x2? (For the long drives; 2x2 is more comfortable and for 4 weeks it can be 1500-2000 USD difference with respect to 4x4.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

HPeri

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • Help with Itinerary

Namibia Feb 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Hi,

Planning a trip this September, doing a self-drive of namibia and have a tentative itinerary made that I would love to have critiqued before I start making reservations. Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Arrive Sept 1st (pick up car and equipment and spend the evening in Windhoek) Sept 2 - 3: Waterberg Sept 3 - 6: Etosha Sept 6 - 7: Damaraland Sept 7 - 9: Swakopmund Sept 9 - 11: Sossusvlei Sept 11 - 13: Luderitz Sept 13 - 15: Fish River Sept 15 - 16 Mariental Sept 16 -17 Windhoek Sept 17 fly home

With the time I have, am I missing anything of great importance? Any substitutions that can be suggested, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

7 Answers Feb 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    • Is this still true?

Namibia Feb 12, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Hi, I'm invited to make my leave at Swakopmund because there leave friends of my parents. Now I have read about the seal hunt and barbaric slaughter at this country. Asking the familiy they denied that and saying it is totally blowed up by international press. So my question is, is it true or not and if yes, is it ongoing? If I google for that I get tears in my eyes and if it's still true I think I do not want to go there. Please let me know. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards, Peter

7 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    • BriMcFly88's Profile Photo

Places in March

Namibia Feb 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I am traveling to Namibia in March. Originally I was only doing fish river canyon, but I'd love to head North and over to Swapokmund. Is it touristy in March? Would I be able to sign up and do excursions in the dunes with people or have most left since the summer is over?

2 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 2:12 AM
    • Best time to see animals y Namibia and general info

Namibia Feb 5, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Hi, I'm planning a safari in Namibia during the month of July. Is this a good time to see them?
      Where is a good place to get maps, travel books and the realiable place to rent a car?

Thank you

6 Answers Feb 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    • Looking for a Safari Tour Company for Otjiwarongo to Etosha

Namibia Jan 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I am trying to find the best way to see Etosha & Erindi Game Reserve and get back to Windhoek. I don't want to do a self-drive so any suggestions for a tour company that can put something together for me would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to leave Otjiwarongo on the 18th or 19th of January, spend about 4 days at Etosha then travel to Erindi Game Reserve to spend the nights of the 24-27th of January and head back to Windhoek on the 28th to catch my flight out in the afternoon. I can always get Erindi to arrange a shuttle for me but I really need to get from Otji to Etosha, then Etosha to Erindi. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help, Di

1 Answer Feb 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM