Travel Answers

change location
  • things to do and prices

Swakopmund Apr 29, 2015 at 5:02 AM

Hi, I will be in S Namibia in July and my task is to look for things to do with prices in Swakopmund.

Any suggestions (aquarium, museum, boat trips, sandboarding,...)?

2 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 6:34 AM
  • where is the best place to see indigenous tribes?

Namibia Mar 10, 2015 at 6:32 PM

in late march i will be flying into windhoek and i have 9 nights before i have to fly out to cape town from windhoek. what i'm most interested in during my trip is seeing local tribes such as himba, herero, bushman, etc. i've done safaris before and won't be doing that on this trip.

it seems the himba at least are in the northwest. should i just hire a car and head northwest to kamanjab to opuwo then epupa falls? then bushman seem to be northeast, might be too much ground to cover in one trip?

any suggestions on itineraries, what places to stay, how to arrange (authentic) village trips would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

• Nightlife in Windhoek

Windhoek Feb 9, 2015 at 5:12 AM

Hi all! I'd like to know about the nightlife in Windhoek. Are there a lot of clubs to choose from, or only a few? Which are the best?

1 Answer Jun 2, 2015 at 1:27 PM
  • Aerial tour of Namibia Dunes

Namibia Nov 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM

We will be in Namibia in early February on a cruise. We would like to take an aerial tour over the sand dunes. There are many companies listed in the Internet. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad with any of these providers?

• informations abouot a travel agency in Namibia

Namibia Nov 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I need your help and feed back if you can
    Do you know the travel agency The cardboard box Travel shopspecialzed in Namibia ? If yes what is its reputation .
    Thanks in advance for your support

2 Answers Nov 22, 2014 at 12:18 PM
  • Thanks for all your help with our Namibia trip!

Namibia Nov 1, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Having used the advice of this forum rather extensively, I'd like to thank you all for your help, and mention a few things about our trip that might extend help to others. Firstly, in Windhoek we stayed in Londiningi Guesthouse, and in Swakopmund in Alternative Space. Both are certainly very nice places, but in both towns we would have preferred staying someplace perhaps less unique but more central. In Swakop I would have enjoyed being nearer in to the centre so I could walk around freely and use my free time without having to take the vehicle into town. In Windhoek we took a day at the end of our trip just to hang around but had already returned our bakkie to the agency, so we needed to use taxis which I found very limiting. In addition, our free day in Windhoek was a Sunday when most everything is closed. If I had been aware of that, I wouldn't have planned to spend the day in Windhoek, especially car-less.
    Secondly, a special thanks to everyone who mentioned that it's worth spending the night in Spitzkoppe to be there for sunrise and sunset, rather than seeing the place as a day trip. The colours at sunset and at dawn are amazing, and I'm so glad we got to experience that.
    Thirdly, you guys got me unduly worried about vegetarian food in Namibia! We did a giant shopping at the SuperSpar in Windhoek before we set out for 9 days of self-catering, and enjoyed really delicious and inexpensive vegetables and cheeses throughout. We also found a good choice of whole-grain crackers, which made it no problem not to have whole-grain bread. Every evening we cooked up some combination of veggies and beans, and managed quite well. In Windhoek we treated ourselves to Indian food at Garnish, which has excellent veggie choices. I guess if we had wanted to eat at the restaurants in the various camps we would have been in trouble, but camping and cooking were both easier and cheaper.
    We had a truly wonderful trip, and saw amazing places and so very many animals so very easily that I was astounded daily. Thank you again for helping us with all our travel questions!

3 Answers Nov 3, 2014 at 1:15 AM
  • Walvis bay/Swakopmund

Walvisbaai Oct 21, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Hi! We are going on a cruise ship next week that will dock for 1 day in Walvis Bay. We have arranged to hire a car to do some exploring on our own. We are a family of 4. Apart from quad biking and Dune 7 and doing a lot of photography of the desert/sea and the birds, are there any other places you would recommend, especially for a 9 year old boy to enjoy, keeping in mind we only have a few hours to spend and have never been there before? Some nice restaurants, bakeries, historic places (our 16 year old daughter is very much into history). I don't seem to find a lot of information on Walvis and Swakopmund (apart from the big tourist attractions and tours) but we would like to explore some of the other non-touristy gems in these two towns that only the people who live there or travel there a lot know about. Thank you!

3 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 1:12 PM
  • Sossulvei tours

Namibia Sep 16, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I'll be in Namibia for a week or so and I think Sossulvei is a highlight. I was looking into 3 day tours and they seem quite pricey (around $300)- is that the norm for this tour? Or are things cheaper once I'm in Namibia itself?

3 Answers Sep 16, 2014 at 7:37 PM
  • radio taxis

Swakopmund Sep 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Can anyone please give a number for radio taxi in swakopmund

2 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  • Organise fine tune circuit to namibia

Namibia Aug 30, 2014 at 3:38 AM

I am looking for some local agencies to organise my trip there ?

3 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM
  • Tourists attraction areas

Usakos Jun 26, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Do you get a lot of tourist through out the year? What are you most uhm tourist attractions in Usakos?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2014 at 7:02 AM
  • things to do

Swakopmund Jun 12, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hi. how much would a hot air balloon trip/ride cost per person? children and adults and are there any weight and age restrictions?

Thank you

5 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 6:14 AM
  • Khaudum - 2nd car, June 10/12?

Namibia May 15, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Hello, we are looking for a 2nd car to join us in Khaudum park around June 10/12. Any tips how to find some-spirit enthusiasts?

3 Answers May 15, 2014 at 10:52 AM
  • electricity questions

Namibia May 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM

i understand that we need special plugs for namibia, and i guess i'll order a couple off amazon (along with DEET-rich mosquito repellant!), but i'm wondering in general about the ease of getting all the gadgets charged. we will be staying in campgrounds in etosha and palmwag and at simple guesthouses in waterberg and spitzkoppe. can we expect to have a working outlet in these places? one or more than one outlet? what's the chance that our rented bakkie will have a working cigarette lighter in which we can use our chargers for the phone? feel free to volunteer more details than i've asked for; the more information the better. and thanks in advance for your help.

8 Answers May 6, 2014 at 12:43 AM
  • Solo day activities for 20-something woman

Windhoek Apr 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM

As a 20-something woman in Windhoek, what are some good day activities to do by myself as my travel buddy will be working during the days?

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 9:09 AM
  • Windhoek shopping and accomodation

Namibia Apr 22, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Hello, what is the best affordable place to stay in Windhoek? I was thinking Protea, kindly advise if it is good enough and also where can I shop for affordable quality clothing in Windhoek?

3 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM
  • annwag's Profile Photo

Mosquito protection

Namibia Apr 8, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I would like to know your, guys, personal opinion about taking antimalarial drugs while visiting the area Kvango / Okavango this month. I am accustomed with CDC and WHO rules, but I have some medical contradiction to take that kind of medicines so I am a bit anxious. Both are risky for me.
    The second question is about as good as possible repellent avaible in Namibia. There in Poland the efficient repellents are out of reach. Any recommendation?
    Thanks for your time

5 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • enjoyment for newly graduates

Swakopmund Mar 4, 2014 at 4:56 AM

me and the girls decided to have a girls weekend at the coast on the 21 March weekend, which SAVE places can you sugest.

• the weather issue - need to decide if we can go in october

Namibia Jan 27, 2014 at 5:15 AM

this will be our first africa trip and are therefore clueless - thanks in advance for your help! is it wise to visit namibia in october? planning is just beginning, but it seems we'd want to visit etosha, some desert, a little coast. that's as far as we've viewing is crucial! the rest negotiable. not considering much of southern namibia. so is october a good time?

2 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Swakopmund Jan 16, 2014 at 3:17 PM

where can a youth group of 30 people spend a Friday night in swakopmund?

3 Answers May 30, 2014 at 12:40 AM
  • Private Party

Windhoek Jan 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Does anyone know of a place for hire for a private teenagers birthday party?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 5:29 AM
  • Exploring the whole length of namibian coast.

Namibia Jan 1, 2014 at 2:36 AM

I just want to find out what is the possibility to explore the coast of Namibie. Who must I contact and what must I do.

5 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 5:46 PM
  • Transport to Amaror

Omaruru Dec 4, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Require transport for one person from Windhoek to Omaruru

1 Answer Dec 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • lianshulu lodge

Namibia Oct 18, 2013 at 4:57 AM

is lianshulu lodge open

1 Answer Oct 18, 2013 at 5:04 AM
  • Would love to join a group going to Namibia (& possibly Botswana)

Namibia Oct 1, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I'm looking to connect with a group going from Cape Town to Namibia (and possibly also Botswana) sometime in October or early November.
    I'll bring good company, beer, and money for petrol, etc!
    - Anna

2 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • Shuttle between Karibib and Omaruru

Omaruru Sep 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I am travelling from the coast on Thurdsday with intercape and am looking for a reliable shuttle or taxi from Karibib to Omaruru.

• Travel mates (11/09 - 02/10)

Namibia Aug 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hey, we're 2 students hiring a 2x4 to travel Namibia on low budget.
    We'll visit Tirasmountain, Sossusvlei, Naukluft-Park, some of the coast, Spitzkoppe, Etosha, Waterberg.
    If any of this sounds interesting to you, we'll be happy to have you for at least a part of our trip.
    Write me an e-mail:!

Henning and Jana

1 Answer Aug 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • Ship Or Independent Shore Excursion

Namibia Aug 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM

On a Cruise is it better to use Ships Booking or use an Independent Travel agent for Excursion to Walvisbai & Swakopmund

2 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM
  • What to do in Walvis Bay;should I Go top Swakopmund?

Namibia Aug 15, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Is a trip to Swakopmund a good idea for Seniors?

8 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • sjokatt's Profile Photo

Serious and cheap safari company

Namibia Aug 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I'm going to Namibia in the end of December and look for a safari company. My preferences are animals, nature and activities as riding and bush walking. I'm not interested in playground places like Swakopmund and does not like to travel in large groups. I'm on budget and look for an inexpensive camping safari. Can anyone suggest a good and affordable safari company?

4 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM