Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• happycats's Profile Photo

Six Days (Nov4th - 10th) in Burma with an 18 month old

Burma Jul 24, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Hello,

I have six days in Burma with my wife and 18 month old on 4th - 10th November and was wondering if anyone had advice as to an itinerary? We fly in to Yangon and would like to explore the city and then we would like to spend some time at a beach, I appreciate there is lots more to the country than we can fit in but our time is very pushed. I had read that Ngapali beach is beautiful and I can fly there but i can't seem to get Mandalay Air's website to work, are flights frequent?
      Also what is accommodation like at Ngapali and access to emergency services? My wife and I have traveled and lived all over Asia so we are fairly robust but we have to think about the little chap now also, so would need a good standard of hotel and access to decent medical facilities should anything happen (God forbid).
      Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can give me.

more
    • mickybleck's Profile Photo

Travel Dec. 2014 and/or Jan. 15 - realistic? solo?

Burma Aug 17, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Hi All,
      I am thinking about going to Myanmar/Burma (likely with a companion) around Christmas/January.
      I would like to do it on my/our own (experienced solo traveller South-America, Africa, Indonesia/India), but I know accomododation, transportation and organisation modes might be different in Burma.
      Tine frame will be 3-4 weeks, itinary the typical tourist things plus some explorations out of the beaten track.
      So far I have planned nil.
      So here my questions:
      Is it possible to do around this time of the year without prebooking accomodation (except for first nights after arrival)? Especially at this time of the year (monastery floor will be interesting for 1 or 2 days, but not for the entire vacation ), or do you advise against this period of time?
      Is it realistic to go into more detailed planning with ca. 3 months to go (for other countries I would not even consider this a protential challenge)?
      Any infos on areas of safety concerns from persons who have just been there?

Looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance,
      happy travels
      Daniela

Your

more