Travel Answers
Nakhon Ratchasima

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Suggestions about Khao Yai National Park?

Prachin Buri Apr 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hello! We are planning on doing a day trip from BKK to Khao Yai NP. I've heard about some of the guided tours, and the one I've seen most recommended is Greenleaf. Does anybody have any experience getting there and/or getting around the NP? Is a tour worth the 1500 B? Is it better to rent a motorbike to see the NP? Is there a particular route we should take from BKK (bus, van, etc)?

Thanks!

more
    • Can anybody help us get from the city to the bat cave (Wat Khao Chong Pran)?

Ratchaburi Apr 1, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi friends! Does anybody know the best way to get to the bat cave mentioned below, after being dropped off at the bus station? We are coming from BKK to Ratchaburi by van, and after that we are a little stuck. We asked a motorbike taxi to take us but he said it was too far. Does anybody have any experience getting there from the city?

Thanks!

more
    • Moving to chiang Mai furniture needed

Chiang Mai Mar 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase old glass cabinets like seen in old town stores?

more
    • Bus and train timetable in Thailand

Thailand Yesterday

Does anyone know the train and bus times coming from Bangkok to get between River Kwai, Ayutthaya and Pak Chong Khao Yai National Park ?.

We are planning to stay in each of those destinations. We need to be in Pak Chong by 2.30pm for the afternoon tour. We don't mind which we do first - River Kwai or Khao Yai and we can fit Ayutthaya in either way as we then want to go to Sukhathai.

This is also proving to be a slow and complicated train trip arriving finally in Sukhathai around 10pm. Is there a more direct route bus trip to Sukhathai as I have had trouble finding this out on the web?

more
    • nail salons

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Hi.does anyone know whether there are any nail salons in platinum mall or around??

more
    • nail salons

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Hello, are there any nail salons in platinum mall?

more
    • Beautyland Patong

Phuket Apr 9, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Has anyone been to Beautyland Patong recently? I have been searching for it but no one seems to know where it is other than going into Phuket Town.

more
    • ankurvohra13's Profile Photo

Phuket in April

Phuket Mar 30, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I would be in phuket for 5 days from 18th april would anybody would be there in phuket just send me a message.

more
    • lalula82's Profile Photo

phuket in april

Phuket Mar 27, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Any one heading to phuket on April 19th? Catch up for walks, shopping

more
    • Buntzm's Profile Photo

How to get back to Phuket?

Ko Rok Nok Mar 16, 2014 at 2:53 AM

We would like to go with friends to Ko Rok Nok however they are continuing to Malaysia and so we need to find our own way back to Phuket. Any suggestions on how this may be possible? Many thanks !

more
    • Taxi hire at Bang Kok And Pattaya

Bangkok Yesterday

I am going to visit Bangkok and Pattaya this June. I want to hire a taxi or a cab for sightseen in Bangkok and pattaya. I want a cab from reputed cab operator. Please tell me the numbers, name of taxi operator or tell me how can do my temple tour, Safari park tour etc in Bangkok and Nong nooch village, Tiffany Show in in pattaya.

more
    • sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Hotel in Old Town needed

Chiang Mai Apr 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM

We are spending 3 nights in Chiang Mai with 2 adults, 2 seniors and 2 small children. I'm having trouble finding a hotel in the Old Town area. Looking for under $80USD per night, with a pool.
      Any recommendations for me? Tamarind and De Lanna is booked. Eurana and Buri Gallery have room but reviews seem a little dodgy (dirty, run down, ect). Considering Rimping VIllage...
      Please help!!

more
    • Best Way to Visit Doi Inthanon from Chiang Mai?

Thailand Apr 13, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Hello,

A friend and I will be in Chiang May at the end of April and want to go to Doi Inthanon. I am a photographer so I want to hike a little bit and take pictures of nature and the water falls. Should we get a rental car and go there? Or hire a driver/tour guide? Is there a specific place to get good rates with the drivers?

more
    • Travelling to Bangkok and Pattya for 6 nights

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Need advise as travelling with family including two kids of age 7 & 13. What to do as of now planning 3 days in bangkok and 3 days in pattya

more
    • protest in bangkok update?

Bangkok Apr 9, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Hi I will be flying to bangkok this 12-15th of april and will be staying in Bangkok city hotel. Solo traveller here. How is the situation now? anyone here going to bangkok this songkran festival? My first time. I hope I'll enjoy even if I will be travelling alone.

more
    • Where to get a decent haircut (for men) in Bangkok?

Bangkok Apr 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Where to get a decent haircut (for men) in Bangkok?

Just a proper decent haircut will do...

more
    • Where to watch football!?

Ko Phangan Apr 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hi I'm staying in Mae haad for 4 days, just need to know if anyone knows of any bars nearby that show English football?

more
    • anywhere to shop? are the shops open on songkran 12-16apr 2014?

Bangkok Apr 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM

i am going to travel to bangkok on songkran between 12 april to 16 april. are the shops open? heard from some that most shops are closed. but some said mostly open... pls advise. eg: chatuchak market/plantium mall/partnunam open??

more
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

upcomin visit

Pattaya Mar 31, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Hello there,
      I'm flyin out to Thailand in next couple of days and has been a while since last time I was in Pattaya, does anyone know fares for taxi, red truck, etc. from bus terminal to the beach road? I'm catchin the bus from Suvarnabhumi so as always any kind of suggestions will be very appreciated, thank you.

more
    • Safe swimming in October

Phuket Mar 25, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Which beaches are safe to swim in during the last week of October?
      Can anyone recommend a good snorkelling site at this time of the year?
      Thanking you in anticipation.

more
    • Accommodation

Ko Samui Mar 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I am looking for accommodation for 13 to stay for 10/11 days can anyone help with some places

more
    • Hire car and driver

Chiang Rai Mar 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I want to hire a car and driver to take four people go sight seeing for three days in May 2014. Thank you

more
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Travel operator

Thailand Mar 21, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Hi

Can anyone please recommend a travel operator in Bangkok please. In the area off Sukumvit Soi 11. I want to book internal flights and sleeper train tickets

Many thank

Sean

more
    • h4pp1's Profile Photo

secret cliff resort vs villa

Phuket Mar 20, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Helloooo guys,
      Is secret cliff resort n secret cliff villa at different location or just across d'road ?
      Which one is d'best in term of bugdet n location?
      Thx

more
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

good safe secure hotels in Phi phi Island...

Phuket Mar 17, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Please recommend any good safe secure hotels in Phi phi Island who got recent experience .

more
    • Tour operator in Nakhon Ratchasima

by free_fireman Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Hello, I want to make a Khmer-temple tour starting from a hotel in the Amphoe Nong Bun Mak district, but I find no local tour-operator, we need a driver with car for this day-tour.

2 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    • somsakmah's Profile Photo

Nakhon Ratchasima Recommendations

by somsakmah Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I'm planning to visit Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat) in Dec. Any recommendations to what places to visit or to eat? I'm looking in particular for information about places of interest not available readily from the Internet. Also any places of interests which is opened only during weekends (e.g. Choakchai farm only have guided tours during weekends... i think, and most shops in Palio, that shopping place, opens only during weekends, so I was told.)

5 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
    • Advice please

by Stevek80 Online Now Jul 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Can someone tell me: is the Nakhon Ratchasima Zoo the same as the Korat zoo?
      Which is nearest to
      Subdistrict Nonsombun
      District office Soeng Sang
      Province Nakorn Ratchasima
      Zip code 30330

Also, what other fun activites are near this address for a young child 5 years old?
      Thank you!

2 Answers Jul 30, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    • moving around in korat- english speaking taxi recommend??

by vtecturbo Online Now Oct 31, 2009 at 9:23 PM

hi wann,

understand that you live in korat...

pls help me with some questions..

i had been to korat many times by taxi but only specially to 2 temples. however tis time round i wan2 go by
      train to save costs. i be going wat banrai lp koon and kruba kissana at ta
      nood..

how do i go to this 2places when i reach korat train station? what is the hotel
      u recommend for easy access?

thks everyone for all your help so far!!! thks again!! :D

4 Answers Nov 7, 2009 at 6:11 AM
    • korat train and other transport

by vtecturbo Online Now Oct 29, 2009 at 3:12 AM

hi anyone

I need advise on a few things. i always go korat by taxi. But tis time I be travelling from bangkok to korat by train..to save cost. i would be visitin lp koon wat banrai and kruba krissana new temple at ta nood. from the train station is it very far to this two places?

Can i get a taxi easily from korat train station to this 2 place?

Pls help thks!!!!

2 Answers Oct 31, 2009 at 9:08 PM
    • motor cycle

by 0019880 Online Now Dec 7, 2008 at 7:26 AM

in korat where can i rent a motorcycle, do it cover insurance and full tank of gas, let said a a honda wave 100 to 135cc. can i ride to "thai-sammakki" distance to thai-sammakki? which direction to ride there?
      near thai-sammakki is there any hotel/resort or farm stay?

1 Answer Feb 7, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    • Sema Ancient City

by draw4children Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 6:36 AM

HI In Khorat, many mentioned there is an ancient city. IS this near Ban PRasat? Has anyone tried the homestay programme at Ban Prasat? Do they speak a little English?

1 Answer Feb 7, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    • wat pamahawan in khorat

by vtecturbo Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Hi all,

i be going khorat in fews days time. will move on from bangkok. thks for all advice from all members!! Any one had any idea a famous thai monk phra kruba krissana is residing now?? wat pamahawan? how far is it from luang phor koon wat ban rai? thks in advance:D

3 Answers Apr 25, 2008 at 2:53 AM
    • from bangkok to khorat and surin province

by vtecturbo Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Hi,

Anyone knows what is the best way to travel to khorat from bangkok? In fact i will be visiting two places. Khorat (wat ban rai) and surin province ( wat petchaburi) if i move off from bangkok, which place is nearer to go first? what will be the best transportation? Taxi? or flight?

pls help thks in advance

7 Answers Apr 27, 2008 at 3:14 AM
    • From Phuket to Korat.. HELP

by vtecturbo Online Now Mar 4, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Hi all,

anyone can advise me the best transportation to use if i wanna go korat from phuket??? Is taxi a good choice? how long does it take?

thanks!!!

4 Answers Nov 16, 2008 at 5:14 PM
    • any one knows a resturant with prawns fishing (Tok Gong)?

by devilnsaint Online Now Feb 8, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Hi, i have been to korat few month ago and there is a country side resturant with prawns fishing (Tok Gong), i did took the name card but unfortunately i lost it. so hope if any one out there know kindly tell me..:)
      Thanks!

• gurkul

by u808328 Online Now Nov 16, 2006 at 12:59 AM

Could you please be kind enough to send me the e mail adress of chaopraya and Rachaphruk hotels in Nakhon Rachasima
      Thanks and regards
      Gurdip

2 Answers Nov 16, 2006 at 8:07 AM
    • Travel to Korat from Bangkok

by DAGO.1 Online Now Nov 14, 2006 at 4:08 AM

Hello I am new member.I wonder if anyone can help with directions from Bangkok,Sukemvitt rd(spelling?) around soi 24 to Korat? I know highway 2 but how to get to Hwy 2? I will be renting a car in january and traveling to Korat.I am from America and used to driving on the right side of the road,LOL.Dont worry I have driven on wrong side of road before (just joking).I can drive on left side of road no problem.
      Any help would be much appreciated.

5 Answers Dec 3, 2006 at 2:04 AM
    • Korat Hotel

by kansa Online Now Sep 16, 2006 at 8:06 AM

I would like to book a room at the Chaophaya Inn, Korat. I have tried their webpage and it is not available. Does anyone have the phone number? Thanks
      Kansa

2 Answers Sep 16, 2006 at 9:24 AM
    • tomu1207's Profile Photo

New member just want to say hi

by tomu1207 Online Now Aug 21, 2006 at 1:02 PM

I'm a new member. Just want to say hi to members with relations to Korat.
      Is this the right forum to chat with people that have been ore lives in Korat?

1 Answer Nov 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    • jts-khorat's Profile Photo

Khorat in Google Earth

by jts-khorat Online Now Mar 5, 2006 at 9:25 PM

anybody has locations around Khorat in Google Earth; i am especially interested in detailed information around Muang Sema and the Sleeping Buddha (a lot of small Khmer ruins scattered around there).

Unluckily it is low resolution in Google Earth only; does anybody have an idea when Google might update this information?

Greez
      jts
      http://nakhon-ratchasima.com

• jts-khorat's Profile Photo

Sato (Thai rice wine)

by jts-khorat Online Now Mar 5, 2006 at 9:23 PM

has anybody more details about brewing Sato (Thai rice wine); I saw it at my girlfriends house in Khorat, but translation proved difficult.

Greez,
      jts
      http://nakhon-ratchasima.com