Nakhon Ratchasima Travel Answers

change location

from bangkok to khorat and surin province

by vtecturbo Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Hi,

Anyone knows what is the best way to travel to khorat from bangkok? In fact i will be visiting two places. Khorat (wat ban rai) and surin province ( wat petchaburi) if i move off from bangkok, which place is nearer to go first? what will be the best transportation? Taxi? or flight?

pls help thks in advance

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • NitNoy's Profile Photo

Re: from bangkok to khorat and surin province

by NitNoy Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 12:43 AM

You can take the train. Korat will be your first stop, then Surin. While you in the area, you should check out the temples at Phimai, Phanom Rung and Muang Thom. Well worth the effort.

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: from bangkok to khorat and surin province

by vtecturbo Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 12:52 AM

i intend to book a taxi from bangkok. do u know any taxi driver who can speak good english to help translate? thks

• markbank's Profile Photo

by markbank Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 8:09 AM

u will be find korat first, then surin,,,have many option from bangkok to kaorat

1.by train - U CAN TAKE TRAI AT HUA LAMPHONG STATION,,,(FARE 50baht to 230baht depend on class),,distance about 264 km

2.by bus - take bus from mochit station to korat around 3 - 4 hours.

• Wann's Profile Photo

by Wann Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 11:35 AM

You will reach Korat first, then Surin. Korat is about 3 hours drive from Bkk and around 2 hours drive from Korat to Surin. Wat ban rai is in Dan Khun Thod district which is around half hour before reach Korat town. Taxi is the convenient way and you can go direct to Wat ban rai.

Beside Taxi, bus, train, more option, after April 19, 2008 there's a new low cost airline "Air Phoenix" operate flight from Bangkok to Korat. for more detail call +66 2973 3860

Well but Korat airport is 30 km away from town and its in other side of the town from Wat ban rai.

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM

"i intend to book a taxi from bangkok. do u know any taxi driver who can speak good english to help translate? thks"

You can take a taxi if you want but that will be the most expensive way to go! You can also take a bus to Khorat. AFTER you get to Khorat you can splurge on a taxi! I think it was around 4 hours by bus, a taxi would be pretty expensive!

guidetothailand.com/thailand...

Good luck.

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 8:45 PM

If you do go to Surin, you might check on a ride to Si Saket too! In Si Saket you can visit Khao Phra Viharn. This wat is in Cambodia but you can only access it from the Thailand side.

http://www.kanjanee.com/kanjanee9.htm

• Re: from bangkok to khorat and surin province

by john30454 Online Now Apr 27, 2008 at 3:14 AM

Not sure when you plan to travel there but I just heard that they intend to start domestic flights to Korat in mid May. My friend who lives there thinks it will be Finnair who will do the flights. If you need a good English speaking taxi driver you can call Kittipan Ananpark at 081-8571878. He speaks good English and you can just call him Noom.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines