Nakhon Ratchasima Travel Answers

change location

From Phuket to Korat.. HELP

by vtecturbo Online Now Mar 4, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Hi all,

anyone can advise me the best transportation to use if i wanna go korat from phuket??? Is taxi a good choice? how long does it take?

thanks!!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • dragonc's Profile Photo

Re: From Phuket to Korat.. HELP

by dragonc Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 1:08 AM

Korat is over 2 hours by road east of Bangkok. Maybe the best would be to fly to Bangkok then take an intercity bus from the northern bus station (Morchit) in Kampengphet Road. Unlikely that taxi from Phuket would do the trip, and it would be very expensive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • thisit811's Profile Photo

by thisit811 Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 5:46 AM

dragonc's advice is absolutely right. Forget to hire a taxi from Phuket to Korat. It can be done but it is very expensive to do so and will take a lot of time to journey as well. You could fly into Bangkok by budget airlines or by bus and train, its probably about 11 hours to reach Bangkok then take another bus or train to Korat.
    Look into these budget airlines website:
    www.airasia.com
    www.nokair.com
    Good Luck!!!!

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 6:12 AM

Previous post is right, just look at a map and check out how many miles or kliks the two cities are separated! Flying to Bangkok might be best and then taking the bus. I have gone there several times by bus and the ride is not bad.

Many years ago I flew there from Bangkok, not sure if there are any more flights, didn't think it was a good value anyway. You have to be at the airport an hour or so early, then you have an hour for the flight - might as well as take the air conditioned bus and save some money.

While you are in that area take another bus to Phimai when you have time. I worked in that little town a few times on archeology digs as a volunteer. Biggest banyan tree in Thailand is there (their claim) as well as the Phimai Wat and museum. Phimai Inn on the main highway (across from the newer bus station) is a nice cheap place to stay at, has A/C and a pool too! Phimai is around an hour by bus from Khorat.

guidetothailand.com/issan-th...

guidetothailand.com/issan-th...

http://www.asiatravel.com/thaimap.html

Hal

• Re: From Phuket to Korat.. HELP

by denisethom Online Now Nov 16, 2008 at 5:14 PM

I need that answer too!

Your Answer