Nakhon Phanom

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for a Local Craft / Workshop

Nakhon Si Thammarat Nov 19, 2014 at 7:08 AM

I am going to be in the Nakhon/Khanom District in a few weeks time and I am looking for an excellent example of a local handicraft being made. Does anyone know of a workshop/skilled craftsman who could demonstrate either Nielloware being made or Wood Carving, or something along these lines.

more
    • Travel with 3 year toddler

Ko Chang Nov 13, 2014 at 9:18 AM

We plan to spend few month in Ko Chang with a 3 years old toddler.
      Can you suggest activity or school where she can learn and play with other kids?
      Any suggestion or idea...

thanks

more
    • Traveling in and around surat

Surat Thani Nov 13, 2014 at 5:36 AM

How best and cheapest to get back and forth to a school when teaching near Surat Thani?

more
    • annalecce's Profile Photo

daytrip in Rawai

Rawai Nov 13, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Can anyone suggest us which are the best spots in Rawai and where to address to have a good daytrip without finding us in a too big and noisy boat, with too many people?

more
    • Places to learn kitesurfing/diving

Southern Thailand Nov 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Hey !

I am currently living in China, plan to go to TH for vacation and to acquire Kitesurfing/Diving experience/certificates.
      Is it possible anywhere in Thailand? I head Phutket is really good for kitesurfing.
      But I am open to all locations, do not have anything in mind as long as it is the cheapest possible.
      Do you know what is the price range of such lessons?

As an European, do you think it wold be possible for me to find a short-term job in the meantime to sustain myself in such a place?

Thank you !

more
    • Minivan Operators

Bangkok Nov 24, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Please suggest reliable companies operating in Bangkok for transport from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Oriental Beach Pearl Resort in Pranburi. Drivers must be English speaking and provide safe and reliable transport without claiming they have no change or want to charge additional fees above quoted price. What is the expected fee for a return trip for a part of five?

more
    • Hotel selection

Thailand Nov 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I will stay in Phuket for a week. Is there a hotel in a walking distance to the main action (Bangla?) but with a relaxing pool and with direct access to the beach? If not I will split my stay to two hotels. Which area should I look for a hotel in a walking distance to the action but still able to get some sleep? And in which area will I find a relaxing hotel with a big pool and direct access to a quiet beach?

more
    • Thailand mid-December

Thailand Nov 22, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Hi

I continue to plan my mid-December Thailand one-week vacation.
      I want the first half to be active (bicycle/kayaking, nightlife, boxing/lady boy shows) and the second half more relaxed (good hotel, large pool, on the beach line).

Initially I planned for Samui + Ko Pha Ngan but some say that in mid-December the weather can be a factor in those areas (is it true?). Now I consider some combination of Bangkok or Phuket and a quiet island. I believe Bangkok will have the best shows/nightlife. However Phuket has sport activities that I cannot do on most islands.

Any opinion? Which small island can be an option (I look for a quiet beach line great hotel)? Maybe a quiet beach in Phokat can cover everything?

Thanks!

more
    • animac's Profile Photo

Suggestions for good massages in Ko Chang

Ko Chang Nov 20, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Hi, visiting Ko Chang Thailand, specifically Lonely Beach and Kai Bai Beach, can anyone help with some good massage places or reasonably priced spas in these two areas if possible, or in other places on the island. Also which is the most interesting shopping area for women's clothes, jewellery and unusual household items? Thanks

more
    • Hua hin beach hotel

Hua Hin Nov 14, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Which hotel in hua hin has a better beach - hyatt or intercontinental ?

more
    • Nadine_Harley's Profile Photo

bus and boat from bangkok to koh kood

Thailand Nov 12, 2014 at 2:07 AM

hey everyone, i am looking to travel from bangkok to koh kood in February, does anyone know if i should book in advance or just arrive at the bus stop in the airport? thanks!

more
    • annalecce's Profile Photo

day trip to similan islands

Southern Thailand Nov 11, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Can someone tell me if is there a good travel agency for daytrips to Similan Islands? We need a small boat, don't want big boats full of noise and crowded of people.We are not divers, but we want to enjoy the peace and the nature. Now we are in Khao Lak but it seems impossible to find something different from big boats with ladyboys show! Thanks.

more
    • bus service

Phuket Nov 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Good Evening,
      is there any bus service from phuket airport to phuket bus terminal?
      how much it will cost per trip?
      thank you

more
    • alycat's Profile Photo

2-3 week stay in Ayurveda Panchakarma resort

Thailand Nov 14, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hello all,

Can anyone suggest a reputable, serene, and safe spa resort providing Ayurveda (panchakarma) and yoga therapies for a girl travelling alone. She is an acquaintance of mine and is looking for an extended stay for 2-3 weeks at a same location. She is a US citizen and will she need a visa?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can suggest a travel agency or website she can lookout for as an American traveling from the US to Thailand.

Thanks in advance! Ali

more
    • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

Going from Bangkok Airport to Don Muang Airport.

Bangkok Nov 20, 2014 at 3:37 AM

We (wife and I, early 60's) but fit enough, arrive Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), Bangkok at 1430 hrs on 13/12/2014 (Sat) from New Delhi on Jet Airways. Our flight from Don Muang Airport (DMK), Bangkok is on the same day at 1950 hrs by Air Asia. The time difference is roughly 5 hrs. My questions are:

1. Do we have enough time to traverse the 50-odd kms from BKK to DMK?

2. Since we will have luggage, do we take a taxi or a bus or the free Shuttle Service mentionioned at pausethemoment.com/bkk-to-dm...?

3. How much to pay for a taxi? Are the taxis metered?

4. How do we pay online for our checkin baggage with Air Asia? I've poked around and even become a member with them but for the life of me, can't buy the 15/20 checkin luggage online.

5. Do we print out our boarding passes for the flight by Air Asia beforehand?

Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank You All!

more
    • Solo traveler in Krabi and the inconvenience

Krabi Nov 13, 2014 at 4:41 AM

I will be traveling solo to Krabi soon and had some concern about doing activities as a solo traveler vs with a group of friends.

1) As a single traveler, how do I do snorkeling with my wallet and HP on me? Since I have no friends to look after my belongings while I am in the water, where do I change and put my stuffs?

2) I have never snorkel in my life before, is krabi a safe place for me to learn?

3) Same for the scooter, is it safe for me to learn and ride one if I've never drive before?

4) If I join an island hopping tour, is it awkward for a solo traveler to be inside a group of strangers who are already friends?

Thank you!

more
    • Is anyone travelling to Bangkok around Christmas ? Tips ?

Bangkok Nov 10, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am traveling to Bangkok solo, during Christmas and will be there from Dec 17th to Jan 1st. This is my first backpacking trip. Is anyone visiting Bangkok around that time ?

I am not into crazy partying or drinking, though I enjoy drinking socially. Is KSR suited for people like me ? I was thinking of staying in hostels as well. Any other tips to meet new people :)

Sort of running away from real life for a short time and hope to have some fun. If you are visiting Bangkok between Dec 15 - 31, please drop me a message .. Would love to meet you .. :)

Cheers, B

more
    • Places to stay in Phi Phi island

Thailand Nov 4, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Please suggest me places to stay in Phi Phi island, preferably in Ton Sai Bay area for a budget of 2000 to 3000 Thai Bhat. I am travelling with my wife.

more
    • FlyingChef's Profile Photo

Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai?

Chiang Rai Nov 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

We are starting our South East Asia vacation in northern Thailand. I had planned on spending 3 days in Chiang Rai as I had already been to Chiang Mai. But we have limited mobility so will not be trekking; is there enough to see and do in Chiang Mai, or should we go back to Chiang Mai, which I liked?

more
    • watashi's Profile Photo

Wineries and Breweries

Chiang Mai Nov 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM

We enjoy checking out local breweries and wineries where ever we go! Anyone aware of any around Chiang Mai or even Bangkok?

more
    • where to stay?

Krabi Nov 10, 2014 at 4:03 AM

We daily of four (me my wife, my 12 year old son and 8 year old daughter)visiting thailand in dec for 6 days - was planning to spend 3 days in Bangkok , rest 3 in krabi/phuket?
      where should i book the hotel ??? Krabi/ phuket?Ao nang ?

more
    • watashi's Profile Photo

Itinerary for 1 week in BKK

Bangkok Nov 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Can anyone suggest an itinerary for a week in Bangkok or nearby? I fly into BKK and have no schedule for about 2 weeks. Several days boat trip someplace? Something out of the ordinary? have already seen the temples and palace. Looking for something new and different!

more
    • Ko Lipe, Thailand (JAN 2015)

Ko Lipe Nov 3, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Would like to know the transport to Ko Lipe which is the most convenience. From HatYai or Langkawi?

Would like to know if go from Hatyai, how is the transport?
      Would like to know if go from Langkawi, how is the transport?

What is the ferry schedule (from Langkawi & Hatyai)

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Driving fr Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai& Back

Chiang Mai Nov 25, 2014 at 3:57 PM

We plan to rent a car and drive from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, stay 2 nights at Le Meridien CR, then drive back to Chiang Mai.
      1. Would anyone be able to recommend anything to see along the way, please?
      2. Or anywhere to go while in Chiang Rai? I plan to have long lunch at Chiang Rai Beach at least, visit the night market and some restaurants.. Not planning to drive to the Golden Triangle since I've been and it wasn't that interesting for me.
      3. Or anywhere to go by car in or nearer to Chiang Mai the day we get back? Returning the car the next day..

Thanks,
      Mel

more
    • One week in Thailand

Thailand Nov 21, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Hi

I am traveling to Thailand for a week in December. Which destination should I choose? 

I am looking for the following:

• relax near the pool / beach of a high scale hotel
      • sport activities (kayaking, bicycle, jet ski). In a safe place, with a low risk of scams.
      • good massages
      • see a boxing / lady boy / cabaret show
      • vegetarian options (easy to explain no fish / shrimp)
      • shopping fashion with good prices

Can I find one destination with all that? If not maybe Bangkok + two islands? I only have one week.

Thanks!

more
    • somsakmah's Profile Photo

Car Rental in Nakhon Phanom

by somsakmah Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Does anyone knows if there is any car rental company in Nakhon Phanom airport? I've searched Hertz, Avis and Budget but they don't seem to have an office there.

• matseb's Profile Photo

Real Estate Ownership

by matseb Online Now Jan 27, 2004 at 2:01 PM

This isn't a traveller's topic but anyway... I'm a German and I'm building (financing) a family house in this province. My Thai wife says it's possible to do a 50 % ownership entry for myself onto the land register. I heart that depends upon the province. Does anyone know sth. about it? Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Jan 29, 2004 at 11:20 PM