Nairobi Area

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Camping in Marsabit, Nanyouki, Nakaru & Masai Mara

Kenya Dec 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

We will be driving through Kenya in February 2015. Does anyone know of some good camping spots in Marsabit, Nanyouki, Nakaru and Masai Mara. Not looking for anything fancy but just a clean place with a nice view and hopefully showers. Any precautions I need to take care of at any of the above mentioned places ?

more
    • JacklineW's Profile Photo

Art Travel

Kenya Dec 5, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Has anyone travelled to Kenya for art? How was the experience? Which places did you visit? How would you compare the to other art destinations you have visited?

more

Popular Nairobi Area Travel Answer Locations

• 12 hours transit at nairobi airport

Nairobi Aug 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM

We (wife, me and my 2 children) will be transiting for 12 hours overnight at nairobi airport flying with Kenya airways in december. We intend to sleep overnight in a hotel nearby. I'm just wondering if anyone had such experience before. How about the town's safety since we will arrive at 9 pm and our corresponding flight is at 9 a.m the day after? Thank you for all your answers.

5 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 5:13 AM
    • Do I need to get transit VISAs for my students?

Nairobi Aug 8, 2014 at 3:47 AM

In October I'm taking 11 students to Tanzania. We are flying via Nairobi. We have a 55 minute wait at Nairobi airport before catching our flight to Kilimanjaro. Should I travel to London now to get transit visas or should I just wait and get them (if we need them) when we land in Nairobi?

7 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    • Shoping in Nairobi

Nairobi Jul 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM

How much should I expect to pay for an elephant hair bracelet in Nairobi?

3 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    • How long does it take to get a transit visa at Nairobi Airport?

Nairobi Jul 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM

My daughter travelled to Kilimanjaro airport via Nairobi airport last Sunday. She was told that she wouldn't need a transit visa, but because she was flying different airlines into and out of the airport she had a nightmare trying to get her baggage! She did manage to get it finally but she ended up in departures really late with no boarding pass and still carrying her hold luggage and had to argue with the person on the gate for a long time before they finally allowed her to board the flight. Very stressful for a 19 year old!
      She wants to avoid the same problem on her return but doesn't have a lot of time between flights - hence the question.
      Appreciate any help anyone can give!.

2 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 6:46 AM
    • Hotels near the airport in Nairobi

Nairobi Jul 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I am overnighting in Nairobi between flights to Arusha. Does anyone have a hotel they would recommend near the airport?

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 2:32 AM
    • what is the best way to get from Nairobi airport to Arusha Tanzania?

Nairobi Jul 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I am flying into Nairobi and need to get to Arusha for a safari. Precision Air flies from Nairobi to Kilimanjaro but have read some pretty bad reviews about their service. There is also a bus service but I am unfamiliar with border crossing procedures and admittedly a little apprehensive. Any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

8 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    • Nairobi to Arusha/Mwanza

Nairobi Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Hi all, I realise my question is very similar to Wawszczyk so I am sorry for the repition. I will also be flying into Nairobi and hoping to get a bus to Arusha and on to Mwanza. My problem is that most reviews and forums say that buses only make this journey twice a day 8am and 2pm. My flight arrives in Nairobi at 13.40. Does this mean I will need to stay a night in Nairobi and get a bus the next day or does anyone know of any bus/shuttle companies who begin the journey at a later time.

Thanks for the advice

4 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Travel from Nairobi to Tanzania

Nairobi Jun 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Given the latest travel warnings from the FCO about terrorist threats in and around Nairobi, what would you advise as being the safest way to travel form Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta airport to either Arusha or Mwanza - air or bus? Is it ok to wait to get visas on arrival in Kenya flying from England to Nairobi arriving 7.25am July 12th and heading straight on to Tanzania).
      thanks,
      Stefan

4 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • a place to have a party

Nairobi Jun 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I'm looking for a place that i can have my birth day party. The place is to be very spacious and have a stage. I am an artist who is hoping to perform on that night, where can i find such a place

2 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 3:29 AM
    • carisma22's Profile Photo

Like To Meet Virtual Members From Nairobi

Nairobi Apr 20, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Are there any Virtual Tourist From Nairobi Kenya?

4 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    • Trip to Masaimara

Nairobi Apr 15, 2014 at 5:06 AM

How can I book trip to Masai Mara reserve?

3 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 11:55 PM
    • fortune3018's Profile Photo

about cars in nairobi

Nairobi Mar 3, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Hi. NExt month I am coming to nairobi . I will stay there 3 years. first of my question is about car. In my country if you are foreign you can buy the car from foreign to foreign and you don't pay any taxes. Because of this these cars are cheaper according to the peers. May I buy a car this type... ıf not how are the car prices. I will need a small car when ı come to nairobi. and what about the rental house prices(in muthaiga especially).? I will need a small house(1 bedroom) and of course must be secured. and you think should I rent with furnitere or free hose and I get the furniture. Thank you for answers.

18 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • Happy Hour

Nairobi Area Feb 3, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Any decent happy hour spots in Nairobi?

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    • Absolute Africa Overland tour Nairobi-Capetown 56 days

Nairobi Jan 29, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Hi everyone!
      I am planning an overland tour departing on 13th of February (in just 2 weeks!) On several fora I saw mixed comments, one found AA wonderful and the other horrible. Does anyone have experience with this tour and operator?
      Thanks a lot!

5 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • mateslina's Profile Photo

Car Rental

Nairobi Dec 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I am 21 years old, is it possible to rent a car in Nairobi?

12 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • guyfitz's Profile Photo

cheap clean accomadation

Nairobi Dec 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

are there any cheap clean hotels/guest houses/lodges in nairobi with prices ranging from 20-30 US dollars?

4 Answers Dec 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    • sports bars in Nairobi?

Nairobi Area Nov 16, 2013 at 3:54 AM

which bars in nairobi show international rugby

2 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 4:24 AM
    • EmmanuelC3's Profile Photo

Entrance charges

Nairobi Nov 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM

what is the entrance fee at the sheldricks animal ophanage?

5 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 5:01 AM
    • IB program for Grade 4

Nairobi Oct 27, 2013 at 7:49 AM

My 10 year old daughter is currently in an international school which offers IB program to all grade levels.
      Is there any IB school in Nairobi that offers iB for Grade 4? Many thanks Carol

5 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 3:07 AM
    • Will we be safe?

Nairobi Sep 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM

My husband and I are going to a game reserve in the Masi Mara on 4th October flying to Niarobi. Will it be safe for us to travel given the latest news?

6 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Hiring a car that is suitable to explore the Aberdares and Central Highlands

Nairobi Aug 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Hi
      We'll be spending a few days in Kenya in mid December on our way back from Pemba and want to hire an affordable vehicle that's suitable to explore the Aberdares and Central Highlands.
      There will be four of us - two adults and two children - plus our luggage (a couple of large cases and sundry hand luggage).
      Can anyone recommend a reliable yet affordable company to hire from? And what sort of vehicle should we hire? We don't want to go to the expense of hiring a 4WD if it's not necessary, but don't have a good enough handle on road conditions to make a judgement call one way or the other.
      Regards
      Cathy

6 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    • catembua's Profile Photo

RAVAGING FIRE AT NAIROBI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Nairobi Aug 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM

There was a ravaging fire at J.K.I.A that has massively destroyed everything at arrival lounge, the flights are only directed to various destinations. Travelers are stranded and the airport is at a stand still.Anyone at the spot and needing some advice?

7 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 1:37 AM
    • safety concerns

Nairobi Aug 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM

is it safe to travel to Nairobi right now? I have a trip planned in the next few weeks

5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • catembua's Profile Photo

Visa on Arrival at J.K.I.A

Nairobi Area Jul 4, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Someone posted, that on their arrival they are not being allowed on their Turkish airlines flight because visas on arrival have been stopped in Kenya. I do not believe that this is true! Could anyone be having an idea?

5 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    • maasai mara,kenya

Nairobi Jul 3, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Does any one how much it can cost for a tour for maasai mara for 3 days

6 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • Yellow Fever Injection

Nairobi Jul 1, 2013 at 4:40 AM

I am from South africa. Do i need a yellow fever injection if I am traveling to Nairobi for 5 days?

9 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    • what the cost of souvenirs

Nairobi Area May 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM

the real cost in whole sales

3 Answers May 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    • jbuzzellid's Profile Photo

Money Transfer to Nairobi

Nairobi May 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM

We want to avoid traveling with a large amount of US$. I there a way to electronically transfer cash to ourselves and receive it in Nairobi.

9 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM
    • Safari

Nairobi Oct 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I was hoping to do a 5d/4n Safari with my adult daughter Dec 30-Jan 3,2013. Safari is on my bucket list and since we will be in Ethiopia for wedding I thought it would be an ideal opportunity. I been communicating with Safari provider on Trip Advisor but recently have become concerned about two women traveling alone with driver/guide and about general safety in the region. Can Trip Advisor reviews be trusted? Is the risk worth the reward? Is there a better way to identify a safari co? Any words of wisdom? Suggestions ? Warnings? What percautions should we take in advance?
      Help! I'm working myself into anxiety.

11 Answers May 12, 2013 at 4:40 AM
    • claretmacca's Profile Photo

Overland Transit from Kenya to Tanzania - safety for (white) European travellers

Nairobi Sep 20, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Hello I posted previously and received some great feedback from members of the forum. Well it is now getting closer to the time of my travel so I look for some more recent feedback and reviews.

Has the security situation in Kenya / Nairobi changed?

I have timetables for travelling by bus now so this is all fine.

I am staying at Meltonia Luxury suites in Nairobi. does anyone have any knowledge of this accomodation, its location and its safety?

Is travelling overland by bus from Nairobi to Tanzania classed as safe for travellers and specifically white travellers?

Is it safe for me to walk around Nairobi (using common sense approach to my image - no watches, jewellery and bags on display!)

I am very excited to visit Kenya now and of course Tanzania.

I will be making the return journey ten days later so advice both ways will be good.

Is Nairobi expensive?

is there anything I definitely should look to see and do and definitely not? Looked at the safari but I have three day safari in tanzania so this is not that important.

9 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 4:32 AM