Nairobi Area Travel Answers

change location

Do you want to join us on a Lake Turkana Safari?

by rtw_wanderer Online Now Jun 8, 2007 at 8:51 AM

My boyfriend and I are currently looking for at least two travel partners to accompany us on a safari from Nairobi to Lake Turkana, leaving as soon as possible— preferably within the next week or so. (The smallest group size to book the trip is four people, and since it’s low season right now, there aren’t a lot of tourists around who want to travel north.) We're currently in Nairobi and, after spending the day looking at various companies, we found a 8-day itinerary to Lake Turkana with what seems to be a great, reliable company that includes travel to Samburu, Marsabit, Kalacha, the Chalbi Desert, Lake Turkana, Maralal, and back to Nairobi.

Costs are695 per person for the journey. (I also understand from LP that it is standard to tip your driver/guide and cook, so you should budget for that as well.) The cost includes 3 meals a day, park fees, camping equipment (minus a sleeping bag, which you can rent), etc. The company has semi-permanent camps at most of the places, and there are toilets and showers as well.

If you’re in Nairobi now, or will be in a few days and are interested in joining us, please e-mail me or post here. I’d be happy to give you more information.

Also, about us (so you know who you’d be traveling with!):

I'm 23, my boyfriend is 25. Both of us are originally from LA, but we lived in DC for the last two years, where I worked for a development organization and my boyfriend worked as a foreign policy research assistant. On April 1, we left DC to travel around the world for 6 months or more (until the money runs out!). We’re open to traveling with anyone who is excited about exploring all that the world has to offer!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • megavaler's Profile Photo

Re: Do you want to join us on a Lake Turkana Safari?

by megavaler Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 12:54 AM

Ok as by me, i live in kenya and stay in Nairobi. I would like to join you on Lake Turkana Safari. I would like to explore and learn new things arround the world because myself am a local tourist whereby i havent traveled at all. So it will be better if you can grant me the offer and i will be glad.

Carolyne Kenya.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Nairobi Area Travel Answer Locations