Nairobi Travel Answers

change location
Angelo33's Profile Photo

How reliable is this Travel Company in Nairobi?

by Angelo33 Online Now Aug 14, 2010 at 6:51 AM

I wonder if anyone has ever tried the "Two Star Safaris" company.
Has anybody been to a safari with this company? How satisfied were you?
I cannot find any information on TripAdvisor but I want the opinion of somebody who has really been on a safari with them.
Please don't give me names of other safari companies. I have many, but I just need to know about this specific one.
Thanks so much

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: How reliable is this Travel Company in Nairobi?

by Odinnthor Online Now Aug 14, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I am familiar with many safari conpanies in Kenya. I have not heard of this company before, but that is not surprising, as they have only been in business since 2006, and their website, is brand new, and shows it.

That is not to say that they are not good at what they do, but you should look to see if they are a member of KATO. First check out the KATO site to get an overview of the available ones that are registered with KATO. There are about 200+ registered with them. They do tend to be a bit political, and I do know some operators that have been around for years but are not on the KATO list. Click on Members Directory.

http://www.katokenya.org/

A side from politics, it is fairly difficult to obtain membership, and ususally you will see some operators proudly display their "Associate Member" badge, and Two Star, is neither an associate or full fledged member.

This operator's website also does not display any affiliations like IATA or AFTA. As I said, I have obviously not used them, so take the above for what its worth. Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: How reliable is this Travel Company in Nairobi?

by Josekenya Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 2:00 AM

I am in Nairobi and thanks for your interest in knowing this tour company.I haven't had any tour with them but it is a new tour company.There are normally minimum required standards for a tourist company to operate.It is advisable to have atleast a direct contact with your tour operator before getting to Kenya.Try communicating to them and you will be able gauge on whether they have the services you require.There are some people who wants to reap maximumly from tourists to Kenya thus damaging the reputation of our tourism industry.Kenya is a nice place and you are most welcome.....Karibu.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines