Nairobi Travel Answers

change location
imfromperth's Profile Photo

duty free alcohol into Nairobi

by imfromperth Online Now Nov 20, 2007 at 6:42 AM

Hi
I am travelling from Perth to Nairobi (via Dubai) to travel for a month with my brother and sister in law. I would like to bring them some good WA wine (duty free in my hand luggage) but need to know if I can bring it from Perth to Dubai (where I am in transit for a few hours) and then to Nairobi. If I can get through Dubai - how much spirits/wine can I bring into Nairobi - some say one bottle, others say one of spirits and one of wine. Your help would be greatly appreciated as I am having trouble finding the answer on the net.
Thanks
Mel

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • tembofan's Profile Photo

Re: duty free alcohol into Nairobi

by tembofan Online Now Nov 20, 2007 at 7:49 AM

Found this.......by the way, we were charged 40% import duty on one occasion.

The following goods may be imported into Kenya by passengers over 16 years of age without incurring customs duty: 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco; 1 litre of spirits or 2 litres of wine; perfume and toilet water not exceeding in all 0.5l of which not more than a quarter may be perfume. Firearms and ammunition require a police permit. Pets require a good health certificate, a rabies certificate and an import permit. The import of fruit, plants, seeds, children's toys and imitation firearms. The export of gold, diamonds and wildlife skins or game trophies not obtained from the authorised Kenyan government department is also prohibited

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines