Nags Head

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Beach Access

by KellyD32 Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 4:11 AM

It looks like our rental is closet to the Curlew Beach Access mp 11.8 (2 blocks from beach access, Memorial Ave.). I see this access has a water fall pipe and is about 6 houses down from the pier. Does anyone have any experience w/ area? I didn't realize the beach location until after renting the house for June. I was wondering if I should seek other accesses such as E. Hollowell St. and drive instead of the short walk to the beach? I am quite disappointed in finding this news out:( Advice would be appreciated.

more
    • Beach Access

by KellyD32 Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 4:11 AM

It looks like our rental is closet to the Curlew Beach Access mp 11.8 (2 blocks from beach access, Memorial Ave.). I see this access has a water fall pipe and is about 6 houses down from the pier. Does anyone have any experience w/ area? I didn't realize the beach location until after renting the house for June. I was wondering if I should seek other accesses such as E. Hollowell St. and drive instead of the short walk to the beach? I am quite disappointed in finding this news out:( Advice would be appreciated.

• Things to do

by MURIEL6715. Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Are the stores on the boardwalks open in the winter?

1 Answer Jan 15, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Handicap Access and great restaurants...

by ReenK Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 10:50 AM

We're going to be visiting later this month... my sweetie is in a wheelchair and part of the appeal for Nags Head was the accessibility to the beach for him. Any suggestions of other H/C friendly activities.

He also loves to eat WELL... seafood is a must while there... recommendations that are maybe off the beaten path?

Thanks!

• JodyB8's Profile Photo

Driving on the beach in Avon

by JodyB8 Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Can you drive a 4 wheel drive or a UTV on the beach in Avon?

• need information on closing of the bridge

by thd759 Online Now Nov 2, 2012 at 5:33 AM

i live in frisco,and my wife has a dr.appointment next week in elisabeth city,how are we going to get off the island if the bridge is down?.

2 Answers Nov 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    • scared of bridges

by jaime76 Online Now Jun 25, 2012 at 7:04 AM

i've heard horror stories about being surrounded by water and as far as the bridges i was wondering how does it compare to the chesapeak bay bridge? there's no way i would ever go on the cheasapeak one and i'm just very scared i'm gonna get out there and panick! was really wanting to plan a trip to outer banks in july so any input would be helpful!

• jimirving's Profile Photo

Getting to Nags Head from New York City

by jimirving Online Now Mar 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Hello,

Can anyone give me suggestions and options to get from New York to Nags Head with driving NOT an option.

I believe you can fly to an airport somewhere relatively nearby ? What about a coach and is the train an option ?

Thanks.

6 Answers Mar 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    • Where in the Outer Banks should we visit??

by lbaz95 Online Now Aug 25, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Hello,

My husband and I are planning a getaway from our kids for 4-5 days in mid-October. We have never been to OBX and are thinking of going there. We like to shop (unique shops, not national chains), bike, and eat. Where in the OBX would you recommend? We are thinking that it will also give us a chance to investigate whether it is a good place for a family vacation next summer. We were leaning toward Duck or Nags Head.

Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    • Jellyfish Season

by Momof4ndns Online Now Jul 31, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Is there such a thing as jellyfish season? Basically wondering if there's a specific month there are more of them in the water. If so, when is it?

Thanks so much!

1 Answer Aug 3, 2009 at 6:46 AM
    • hotels and motels

by mudslinger54 Online Now Nov 16, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Im planning a trip to the outer banks thanksgiving week any suggestions on where to stay? which is the best of these three? surfside, sea ranch or colony4 ?

• Jellifish

by shelly1216 Online Now Sep 26, 2007 at 6:00 AM

I would like to know what kind of jellifish are the clear blobs on the beach at Nags Head Outer Banks. They remind me of sylicone inplants. They do not have any tenicles.

1 Answer Nov 4, 2007 at 10:22 AM
    • suggestion for vegetarian restaurant

by arubaba Online Now Aug 13, 2007 at 7:20 PM

Has anyone had experience with a restaurant which serves good vegetarian selection at Nags Head ? If not, any suggestions for farmers market / local deli are welcome.

1 Answer Aug 14, 2007 at 6:35 AM
    • jimkpa's Profile Photo

First Timer General advice

by jimkpa Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 1:01 PM

We will be coming there in mid July for 3-4 days. I am checking out a few motels that have direct beach access. I see that there is Nags Head and then there is Kill Devil and Kitty Hawk towns. Which area is best to visit if we want nice shoreline, small shop type of shopping, not outlet malls, family things ? Family consists of 6 , me, wife, two teen daughters and two 5 yr old boys.

Thanks for the info on the differences between these areas.

4 Answers Apr 7, 2007 at 8:58 AM
    • Driving to Nags Head

by wvkaty Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 4:57 AM

Our family is going to Nags head this summer and we will be driving from the north. In years past we used I-95 to I-64 to get to Norfolk but the traffic is pretty thick. Is Rt 17 (from Fredricksburg to Norfolk) or some other route a better alternative to get to Norfolk and then to Nags Head?

2 Answers Apr 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM