Nagoya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tokyo nightlife on a sunday?

Tokyo 2 hours ago

Me and my friends are looking for somewhere fun (bar, club etc.) for a Sunday night. It is our last night in Tokyo and I was hoping that someone might read this and recommend somewhere. Where is a good bet?

Thanks

more
    • amiya's Profile Photo

Travelling with kids in Futami area

Ise Dec 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Hi, we are planning to visit Futami area (Bunka mura and wedded rock) this winter. We will come from Yokkaichi and get off at Ise station. What would be the best way to go to Bunka Mura. I read that there is a bus that we can take to go there. How easy is it to use the bus? And from Bunka Mura to the rock, will it be possible to walk?

more
    • Haircut in Kyoto

Kyoto Dec 25, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Does anyone here know a place where I can get a good haircut?
      I'm going to my friends wedding on Sunday and I need a haircut ASAP. Thanks in advance

more
    • lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Kumano kodo pilgrimage

Japan Dec 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Looking forward to do the Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage in April.. I don't have that much time, so this 4 days and 3 nights package seems perfect..but I do have a lot of questions about it..

kumano-travel.com/index/en/a...

Has anybody done this tour with them or do you have another recommendation for something similar?

more
    • rakmedeiros's Profile Photo

Train Travel

Japan Dec 21, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Can I get to Tsuwano from Tokyo by train, without going all the way south to Shin Yamaguchi? Is there a train that goes across Japan? Looks like a train may go to the west coast from Fukuyama but cannot find the information. All of the websites I checked route me down to Shin Yamaguchi.
      Thank you

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

to Osaka Castle

Osaka Dec 11, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Hi!

From Namba Subway Station how to go to Osaka Castle?

thanks

more
    • Where to travel in Japan in April

Japan Dec 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hi

For our honeymoon, myself and my husband are going to Japan for 13 days at the beginning of April. We fly in to Tokyo and would obviously like to spend a few days there but beyond that have no ideas as yet on where to explore.

We will be travelling by train (or other local transport) and would like any advice on what to see and what to do whilst we are there. We would like to see some of the amazing places Japan has to offer, whether larger cities or more off-the-beaten-track, as well as any cultural events that might be of interest.

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

Kansai Airport to Namba Oriental Hotel

Osaka Dec 11, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi!

How to go to Namba Oriental Hotel (near Namba Subway Station) from Kansai Airport? What are the options? thanks much

more
    • Last Min Trip- Urgent help needed for 7 day Tokyo itinerary

Tokyo Dec 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Hi Everyone,

Need some urgent help. Last minute change in plans and I am now travelling to Tokyo with hubby and a 6 yr old girl from 8-14th Dec. I have some places in mind to cover and would be great if you could help string the itinerary together that is most efficient. I arrive at Narita Airport at 5pm on the 8th Dec. Thanks!!

Disneyland- 1 day
      Disney Sea- 1 day
      Universal Studios
      Tokyo Tower or Sky Tree
      Hakone (would I need to stay over if i want a full day in the gotemba outlet?)
      Mt Fuji
      Lake Ashi Pirate Ship Cruise
      Gotemba Premium Outlets- 1 day
      Shibuya, Ginza

Doughnut Plant & Magnolia Cupcake & Clinton Street Baking Company (when and how to include these three given their location)

Anything else that could fit in that I missed that you would recommend for a first timer? Pls suggest if any.

Thanks for your help.

more
    • Jesper's Profile Photo

Okinawa Islands itinerary

Japan Nov 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Hi! First trip to the Islands :-) We are arriving Naha an early morning in the end of March. We have 4 nights before going to Kyoto. I know it’s a bit early going to the beach, but we want to go to Kerama Islands. Aka-Jima ? I’m a diver and want to spend a day diving. A half day whale watching if it’s not to late at the end of March ? Some suggestions for a 4 night itinerary ? Going straight from the airport to Kerama Islands and spend the last day / night in Naha ? Or is 3 night ”too much” on a small island ? Thank you very much ☺

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

How to keep feet warm

Osaka Dec 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Will be departing to Osaka/Kyoto next week. Knowing that the it will be pretty cold, what should I wear to keep my feet warm? thanks.

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

from Osaka (Namba) to Kyoto

Kyoto Dec 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Hi guys!

What's the easiest and fastest way to go from Osaka to Kyoto? and also, From Kyoto station, which is nearer to go to - Golden Pavilon or Nijo Castle? Can we visit that 2 in one day? How can we go there? Thanks much

more
    • 2 day trip around Kyoto

Kyoto Nov 30, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Hi,
      Where we should go -for 2 days- around Kyoto?
      (Not Nara or Osaka, cause they are already in my travel plan)
      Do you know another interesting village/city/interesting place 10-50 km around Kyoto?
      Thank you!

more
    • LakanPH's Profile Photo

Family Visit

by LakanPH Online Now Nov 22, 2014 at 12:32 AM

My family and I will be in Nagoya, DEC 26 to JAN 2, 6 adults + 4 kids. Will need a VAN and Private Tourguide so we can discuss the itinerary.

3 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM
    • shopping in nagoya

by memoona Online Now Nov 5, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Hi I am an intenational student in Nagoya university.i am facing a lot of difficulties here for shopping.As I am healthy ;you can say somewhat fat. so I am unable to get jeanz of my size and also shoes.I am a female and now worried due to weather conditions.Please do guide me about the shopping malls having big size jeans,jackets,shoes/sweaters etc.

1 Answer Nov 6, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    • Language used in Japan

by kaiannkaixin Online Now Oct 22, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Do they speak English or Chinese ?

11 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM
    • We don't know Japanese, but we wish to go backpacker

by kaiannkaixin Online Now Oct 22, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Is it possible to go backpacker at Nagoya or any places at Japan,

? We know English and Chinese.

4 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM
    • kahar's Profile Photo

Airport To Hotel

by kahar Online Now Oct 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Dear All, I will be arriving in Nagoya on the 7th Nov afternoon. I will be staying at Meitetsu Inn Nagoya Nishiki, Nishiki, Naka-ku, Nagoya. My question would be besides taking a cab, how do I go about in going to my hotel from Chubu Centrair Airport eh?

For your info, I will be carrying my sporty backpack as well as one big luggage. If bus is an option, would it be possible to bring along the big luggage onboard?

Thank you.

2 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM
    • amiya's Profile Photo

Accomodation for family

by amiya Online Now Sep 29, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Hi. My brother will be coming to visit Japan with his family. However it seems that hotels in Japan are charging rooms per person, therefore this would be either be expensive or websites indicate unavailability of rooms. My brother is a group of 5 (2 adults and 3 young children). Normally, if they go vacation in other countries, they only book room with double beds (No of persons is not counted).

Have anyone been in such situation before?. Or can anybody suggest apartment for weekly rent.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Oct 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM
    • Kintetsu Pass in Nagoya

by lilywong Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Hi,

I'm going to Nagoya and plan to visit Okazaki for 1 day. Does Kintetsu Pass covers the stations in Okazaki? Meitetsu railway is also covered?

Many tks,

2 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • autumn918's Profile Photo

4 nights in Nagoya

by autumn918 Online Now Aug 11, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Dear fellow VTs,

I will be travelling from Kyoto to Nagoya on 6th December & spending 4 nights in Nagoya till 9th December night & flying back on 10th dec morning.

My Fren read that 4 nights in Nagoya is too much. But we will be making a stopover at hikone to visit the castle on 6th dec.

What do you guys think? Is 4 nights too much? Are there any nearby day trips to the beautiful rural & mountain area?

Thanks
      Rebekah

6 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    • amiya's Profile Photo

World cup match

by amiya Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 2:35 AM

I would like to experience watching Japan's first match with other Japanese football supporters. Does anyone know of there will be an outdoor live screening for the first match in Nagoya?

4 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    • osu street shopping

by alfreda Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM

what time does osu street shopping shut down/close

• taxi cost from centrair airport

by alfreda Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM

whats the cost and timeframe from centrair airport and osu shopping street

• renemontalbo's Profile Photo

Arriving after midnight at Chibu

by renemontalbo Online Now Dec 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM

What mode of trasportation is best from the airport if im arriving around 1am after midnight to Best Western in Naka Ward.

3 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    • Moving To Nagoya

by kmegahed Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

What is the living cost of a family with 3 children (14,11 and 1 year old) in Nagoya?

5 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    • Chubu international airport to Nagahama

by Pravasi007 Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I will be traveling from Chubu international airport near Nagoya to Nagahama. I will arrive at the airport in the evening on weekend, so what would be the best possible way to reach Nagahama? Is it safe to travel by train in the late evening and night? Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • 8 hour layover

by Erecca Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I will be traveling to and from Hawaii and Manila in October. I have an 8 hour layover at the Nagoya airport. I got a map of the airport and I am aware of the spa and restaurants at the airport. I'm just wondering if it worth my time to travel out of the airport for an 8 hour layover? And if it is worth it, what/where should I do/go? =)

4 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    • swiftfoot's Profile Photo

Kouyou - autumn leaves

by swiftfoot Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Hi!
      Is it possible to view autumn leaves at the end of October/ first week of November in/ around Nagoya?

5 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    • hmc_jr's Profile Photo

How do I get to Ekimae MontBlanc Hotel from Nagoya airport?

by hmc_jr Online Now Apr 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Greetings, question is as stated - How do I get to Ekimae MontBlanc Hotel from Nagoya airport? Some additional info... I will be traveling with my wife and 3 yr old daughter. Wondering what would be easiest?

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    • Students in Nagoya

by dudzemaggayvelasco Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 6:09 PM

How friendly is Nagoya to students?

1 Answer Aug 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    • Jewelry shop

by filipina22 Online Now Dec 15, 2011 at 8:45 PM

I am not very familiar on places of Nagoya, my friend told me that there are many jewelry shop to go somewhere in Osu kanon, but I dont know the exact place and the names of the jewelry shops, could you please guide me by providing me information how to go there? I live here in Okazaki Aichi Ken but I am also new here thats why i dont know.Please tell me also to where will I start of train station and doko made just to reach the osukannon , the jewelry shops itself. if you have phone numbers too then it will most better.thank you and hoping for immediate reply.

1 Answer Dec 16, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    • patsouthwood's Profile Photo

Carpentry/woodworking town near Nagoya?

by patsouthwood Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Hi, I am trying to find the name of a town that is apparently famous for woodworking and carpentry near Nagoya. My son is an apprentice furniture maker and he wants to visit this area to see/learn from Japanese carpenters. Any info very welcome, thanks.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    • renemontalbo's Profile Photo

Komehyo, Nagoya

by renemontalbo Online Now Aug 13, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Im really interested to visit Nagoya just for the sole purpose of buying used Louis Vuitton bags from Komehyo, Nagoya. The only thing I know is that this is a huge 2nd hand store, are there any other details for tourists I need to know before I go there?

1 Answer Mar 4, 2010 at 5:34 AM
    • Lodging for 20 in Nagoya?

by d0g3n Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Hello; I am planning a trip to Nagoya in October of 2010 with a group of graduate students. There will probably be 20-24 people, and we are planning to stay for three weeks. Does anyone know of apartment blocs for short-term lease that might fit within the budget of a group of graduate students and young professionals?

-Ted

1 Answer Feb 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    • Nagoya to Shizuoka

by titabell Online Now Feb 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Hello!
      What is the best way to get from Nagoya to Shizuoka? How much will it cost of i take the train and how long will it take to get there? Do you know of any website where i can search for it?
      Thank you so much for the help.

3 Answers Feb 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    • places to visit adns tay overnight on a long layover in Nagoua

by shurleys Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 9:00 AM

My husband and I will have an overnight layover in Nagoura, Can anyone recommend very inexpensive places to stay and sites to see in a short time??
      Sharon

1 Answer Jan 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM
    • hey

by maria_mya Online Now May 28, 2008 at 2:56 PM

How can i get information about turists from around the world and from japan who came to Nagoya, a statistic or something like that? An institute from Nagoya that can provide me this kind of informations can help me too. Demografics informations of Nagoya can help me alsow. Thanks

2 Answers May 28, 2008 at 5:10 PM
    • valle's Profile Photo

new hotel

by valle Online Now Jan 4, 2008 at 11:54 PM

I am planning to visit Nagoya soon. What are the newly built 4 star hotels in Nagoya? I do not mean the newly renovated hotels. I mean a hotel that has just started operations in the last few years. Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2008 at 1:58 AM
    • Any Onsen to try in Nagoya?

by redcanyon Online Now Nov 11, 2007 at 6:34 PM

I will be at Nagoya with my family, is there any hot spring that we can go?
      thanks.

2 Answers Dec 23, 2011 at 11:28 PM
    • ariz's Profile Photo

JR Railpass

by ariz Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 4:40 PM

My family and I are arriving at CENTRAIR and will be staying two nights in Nagoya. We also plan on visiting Kyoto where we will spend one night before returning to Nagoya. We will then continue on to Tokyo later that same day where we'll spend 4 nights before flying out of NRT. Does it make economical sense to purchase the JR Railpass to travel to these cities or would we better off to simply purchase our tickets at the station when we need them? I know the cost of the JR Railpass, but I don't know the fares of the tickets to get to the cities we want to visit if we travelled without the pass. These are the only rail trips I envision us taking, although we will use the subway system within the cities (and I understand day passes for that are available). It's my understanding that the subway system is not included in the JR Railpass. Is that true? Any recommendations? Thank you.

9 Answers Sep 19, 2007 at 11:07 PM
    • pangelipc's Profile Photo

Nagoya

by pangelipc Online Now Jul 1, 2007 at 7:02 PM

Help!!! I have an 8 hour layover at the Nagoya Airport next week before connecting to an early evening flight. Any tips on what to do & how to get around?

Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 5, 2007 at 2:26 AM
    • Toyoko Inn

by Naito Online Now Jul 1, 2007 at 6:23 AM

Hi,

Has anybody stay in Toyoko Inn Nagoya before? Is it good? Also, I have found 3 locations of TOyoko Inn all around Nagoya station. Which is better? Or is there any other budget hotels that are good and have a good location?

Thank you.

1 Answer Jul 5, 2007 at 2:33 AM