Nagoya Travel Answers

change location

Toyoko Inn

by Naito Online Now Jul 1, 2007 at 6:23 AM

Hi,

Has anybody stay in Toyoko Inn Nagoya before? Is it good? Also, I have found 3 locations of TOyoko Inn all around Nagoya station. Which is better? Or is there any other budget hotels that are good and have a good location?

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Toyoko Inn

by Sammyfloyd Online Now Jul 5, 2007 at 2:33 AM

I have stayed at a Toyoko Inn at Hokkaido and one at Takasaki, about an hour outside of Tokyo. In general, Toyoko Inn is an acceptable business hotel that has very small rooms but it's very clean and has all the basic amenities. Soundproofing is usually not very good due to thin walls. A very simple breakfast of sandwiches or rolls is provided. All rooms should have high speed internet, and the lobby has free internet terminals. The room qualities don't seem to vary much. Overall, it's a good place to stay if you want to stick with a budget. I would not expect the three Toyokos to differ much within Nagoya so pick the most convienient location for your needs.

Another possible chain is called Dormy Inn. They are about 1,000 to 2,000 Yen more per room than Toyoko but the rooms are nicer and slightly bigger, and they also have a nice hot spring in the building. However, their website is only in Japanese at www.hotespa.net so you will need to be able to read Japanese to make a booking.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines