Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Nagasaki-ken Travel Answer Locations

• Burg300's Profile Photo

Electronics in Nagasaki

Nagasaki Mar 25, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Is there a good electronics store near the cruse port to purchase electronics like iPads or tablets?

1 Answer Mar 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • fun things

Sasebo Feb 1, 2014 at 8:35 PM

whatsi there fun to do in sasebo, japan?

8 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • Japanese called Chomp-own

Sasebo Jan 13, 2014 at 8:43 AM

I was there in1971. in town ( they called it Paredise alley) they had a soup called CHOMPOWN chomp--own. cant find it anymore anywhere. the spelling is probably spelled wrong, but had noodles beansprouts octopus like a lettuce and bacon or pork with an egg blended in. has anybody heard of this an what are the ingredience?i was told then that it was a southern Japanese soup.

4 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    • MaritzaD's Profile Photo

What's the weather like?

Nagasaki Jan 13, 2014 at 1:44 AM

What is the weather like from January-December? I'm thinking about studying abroad during my junior year of college. It would be really helpful to know :)

4 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • michael89's Profile Photo

Hashima Island

Nagasaki Oct 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Is it possible to visit the ghost town on the Hashima Island (the location set for Skyfall and Inception movie)?

3 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 4:55 AM
    • Money

Nagasaki-ken Jan 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Do they accept US dollars in Nagasaki

5 Answers Jan 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    • Grevil's Profile Photo

Cruise Ship visit to Nagasaki

Nagasaki Mar 27, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Hello, We will visit Nagasaki by ship, and was wondering if the cruise ship terminal is very far from the city centre of Nagasaki.
      Are there interesting things to see by walking around near the port, or would a "city sights" type tour organised by the ship be recommended?
      Also, if there are several tours to choose from, what would be the top 2 sights we should see on a visit to Nagasaki?

4 Answers Apr 1, 2012 at 3:29 AM
    • Hotel Bookings

Unzen-dake Mar 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I am having trouble booking a hotel in Unzen for November 5, 2012. The web booking pages do not seem to provide availability information beyond September 30, 2012. Any suggestions?

5 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    • bars of old sasebo

Sasebo Feb 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I was in sasebo in 1968-69, is there still a bar called three Ace's and was it on the corner of the block and a block or two from paradise alley. I would like to get a hold of someone that lives in sasebo that we could exchange e-mails.

• Sasebo

Sasebo Jan 16, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Hi!

I would like to go to Sasebo for 3 days and spend a night in Huis Ten Bosch.

I searched for the these hotels homepage in Huis Ten Bosch, but failed. Every time I click it, room reservation on various websites.

I need the e-mail contact address of these hotels. Anyone knows it?

1. Hotel Okura JR Huis Ten Bosch
      2. Hotel Nikko Huis Ten Bosch
      3. Hotel Europe Nagasaki

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    • NEED HELP!!!

Sasebo Dec 11, 2011 at 6:36 PM

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET FROM SASEBO TO YOKOSUKA JAPAN????

8 Answers Dec 12, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    • Directions needed

Nagasaki Sep 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Can someone please send me the directions on how to get to the War museum and Peace Park from the international shipping terminal at Nagasaki? There are six of us on a cruise and we would like to do this tour on our own rather than with a large group. EG what trains etc to catch.
      Many thanks in advance for your help. Cathy

5 Answers Sep 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    • nagasaki

Nagasaki-ken Aug 30, 2011 at 4:30 AM

Hi!
      I'm planning to visit Nagasaki soon.

Kindly help me with these questions. Thanks.

a) Is there any HSBC bank in Nagasaki?
      b) How's the weather is like in Nagasaki between October- January?
      c) Will there be snow?
      d) Is there any public transport that I can take from Fukuoka International
      Airport to Nagasaki directly?
      e) How's the daily expenses in Nagasaki ( lodging/ transportation/ food)? Is
      USD30 sufficient for a day?

2 Answers Aug 31, 2011 at 5:17 AM
    • tathraman's Profile Photo

Train excursions from Nagasaki

Nagasaki Jan 1, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Our cruise ship visits Nagasaki March 28. We were there last year and have toured the city. This time we'd like to take a train ride to a town or village within say, 100 km radius where we might see Japanese life from another perspective - also hopefully blossoms.
      Any advice will be much appreciated.
      Thanks
      David

3 Answers Jan 3, 2011 at 5:43 PM
    • What international airport is closest to Sasebo ?

Sasebo Aug 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Would like to visit Sasebo but I'm curious as to what airport/airline is best to fly into from USA/Calif/San Diego ?
      Thank You

3 Answers Aug 10, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    • gemstones and tea sets

Sasebo Apr 18, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I am looking for stores that sell these items. Any suggestions? I am in the Huis Ten Bosch area.

Aragoto go zais mas

• where I can buy the toys, scale model and Action figure in Nagasaki and Fukuoka?

Nagasaki Apr 7, 2010 at 12:10 AM

i intend to visit Nagasaki(長崎) and Fukuoka(福岡) next month. I would like to know where I can buy the toys, scale model and Action figure like Akihabara-eki, Tokyo (東京秋葉原) and Denden Town, Osaka( 大阪)? Please help, Thank you very much.

• Nagasaki to Osaka

Nagasaki Feb 12, 2010 at 2:04 PM

We will leave Nagasaki and travel to Hakata/Fukuoma and take the bullet train to Osaka. When we transfer from the Ltd. Exp. Kamome train to the Shinkansen Nozomi are these in the same station or how do I get from one area to the other? Also, will I be able to buy just one ticket from Nagasaki that will take me through to Osaka or will I need to purchase another ticket in Hakata? Boy do I feel stupid. Thank you

1 Answer Feb 12, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    • ANA Hotel Nagasaki Gloverhill

Nagasaki Feb 12, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Am arriving at Nagasaki Airport -- besides taxi, how can I get to the hotel. Do I take a bus from airport? Which one? Where would I get off? If I need to take taxi from bus station -- how much should I expect to pay. There are 10 of us traveling together. Please help -- am not that familiar with Japan and bus travel. Thank you

• taxi in sasebo

Sasebo Mar 22, 2009 at 6:11 PM

How late do the taxis run at Haiki station in Sasebo. I'll be getting in around 10:30pm and need to get to Hario Base.

• Advice needed

Nagasaki Feb 27, 2008 at 10:31 PM

hello fellow vt-ers,

will be doing a short trip starting from fukuoka, then proceeding on to nagasaki, kumamoto, mt aso, beppu before taking the overnight ferry to osaka/kyoto/tokyo. May i know what is the temperature like, which city is the coldest or warmest in the abovementioned list? will be travelling with a 2.5yr toddler, any advise? thanks!

1 Answer Mar 14, 2008 at 3:46 AM
    • porklet's Profile Photo

weather in april

Nagasaki Feb 26, 2008 at 1:40 AM

hi

would like to find out what is the weather/temperature like in april? is it cool? rainy? windy? thanks!

1 Answer Feb 26, 2008 at 3:35 AM
    • parking mechanism in parking lot near the port

Nagasaki Jan 12, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Hi, while I was walking back to the port where our cruise ship was docked, I noticed a small park near the harbour with a small parking lot. There was a metal leaf with a small box next to it (I believe it is a motor) in the middle of each parking slot. I saw a driver backup to the parking spot and the metal leaf would rise to stop the car from pulling away. I am not sure when did the leaf risen. I think the driver had to go to the stand next to the entrance to punch in his or her parking slot number and pay a fee before the leaf came down.

I am not really sure how this work, but it fascinates me.

Does anybody can tell me how this mechanism works??

1 Answer Jan 28, 2008 at 5:30 AM
    • disasterman1958's Profile Photo

Information on ferry to/from Shimabara

Nagasaki-ken Oct 30, 2007 at 12:17 AM

Can anyone tell me what the schedules are like traveling from either Misumi or Kumamoto to Shimabara? I am traveling by train and wonder which is easier - to depart for Shimabara from Kumamoto port or to take the train on to Misumi. Logistically, which is easier and how often do ferries run? Thanks so much for any help!

• dlandt's Profile Photo

What city to stay in?

Nagasaki Oct 18, 2007 at 11:59 AM

I apologize for the multiple postings, but my wife and I will be travelling in Kyushu with our two year old daughter. We have friends in Kumamoto and will be spending the bulk of our time there, but would also like to spend 1-2 nights in another location. Nagasaki and Beppu are the two places which occur to me, but we are open to others. Does anyone else have a good idea, we go for both relaxation and sightseeing.

• Westerner Bar

Sasebo Apr 21, 2007 at 7:09 PM

I was in Sasebo back in 1973-75.Is there still a bar called the Westener in sailor town?There was also a place called Three Ace's that had the best fried rice I ever ate. Thanks Mac

1 Answer Jun 18, 2007 at 4:56 AM
    • PavlH's Profile Photo

Things to do in one day

Nagasaki Aug 11, 2006 at 1:27 AM

Hi,
      Will be in Nagasaki for about 7 hours - will be docked at the port so close to the tram and the city centre.
      Would like suggestions for things to see and do and places to eat (Japanese food, not western).
      Obviously will be visiting the Peace Park/memorial.
      Is there somewhere close to the port where I can get a one day tram pass?
      Is the cable car ride up the mountain worth it for the view?

Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 14, 2006 at 3:25 AM
    • about the PULSE SHOCK CLUB

Sasebo Aug 8, 2006 at 8:07 AM

is the pulse shock club also a dance club too? cuz u sed there were DJs n stuff, so is it lyke a dance club too then? if so, wat kinda music do they play there, n r 18 yr. olds aloud to go there too? please get back at me on that because im trying to look for a dance night club thing around here along with a bar n all.....

• Transportation & Acccomodations

Nagasaki Jun 17, 2006 at 10:44 PM

Do you know any Ryokan orMinshuku close to the Kwassui women's college, Nagasaki?

1 Answer Jun 18, 2006 at 6:21 AM
    • ittekimasu's Profile Photo

Short trip in Nagasaki

Nagasaki-ken Mar 27, 2005 at 4:49 PM

Hi!
      I am going to Nagasaki for a few days. Does anyone know about nice out side onsen (rotenburo)? Also if you know about interesting things to see , to do or to eat, please let me know!! Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 29, 2005 at 1:43 PM