change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Nagano

• Mt.Fuji or Nagana

by shajar Online Now Sep 14, 2013 at 12:31 AM

My husband, 13 year old daughter and 10 year old son are going to japan for a 12 day holiday from 24th of November on. We are from Cairns, Australia and our children have never traveled or experienced snow. We have a Mt. Fuji tour booked but i don't know if you can touch snow or only see it from afar (we are going to the fifth station). My question is should we take them to Nagana and go see the Snow monkeys instead? We only have 4 days in Tokyo and one of those is for Disneyland and we want to experience other parts of Tokyo so i don't think we have time to do both of the above. Any advice would be appreciated.

2 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    • Shiraito Falls bus route. possible round trip around Mt. fuji?

by cobalt60 Online Now Apr 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Hello,

I am travelling to japan late august (yes i'm a little afraid for the hot weather, but i couldn't plan another date because of my job).

First of all, my trip will be mostly based on photography. Culture/Architecture both old and modern/landscapes/nature. I'm taking with me a 5dII and 50d with 50 1.8 and 24 ts-e 3.5 and 70-200 F4 with compact tripod.

First i will be visiting Kyoto for 4 days, photographing culture/temples/geishas in gion etc. I planned to visit Osaka for one (one of those 4) day because someone recommended me.

Then after 4 days, i have one day before my 5 day stay in Tokyo, which will be completely dedicated to modern architecture (nightscapes/long exposures) and markets (fish). Ofcourse there's also time reserved for some shopping there.

Anyway, to get back to that one day. I love to photograph some landscapes as well. And the ***aito falls attracted me as Lake Yamanaka to photograph Mt. Fuji. Now to visit the Shiraito falls there's only documentation on a bus travelling from Karuizawa St. which takes 30 minutes. That's not so long but when i check google maps, it's quite a distance. I was wondering if i could stay at a hotel close to the lake mentioned (Lake Yamanaka) and travel from there by bus to the Shiraito Falls. (i know there is a road going from the lake to the falls, the 138 and 139 called the fuji panorama line) I don't know if there's a direct connection between those POI, but i sure hope so. I would really like to spend that one day photographing both the waterfalls and Mt. Fuji from a lake with a great view, together with an easy accessible hotel nearby. I don't want to hike for hours! After that i hope my batteries are fully charged to visit Tokyo (which isn't that far from Mt. fuji anymore).

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. I would really love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

p.s. I have absolutely no skills in japanese language.

20 Answers Apr 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    • piglet44's Profile Photo

monkeys in summer?

by piglet44 Online Now Nov 18, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Is it also possible to see the monkeys in the summer or is it a waste of time to go to this area in June/July?

5 Answers Nov 19, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    • Go from Nagano to Kanazawa

by tesholama Online Now Apr 20, 2008 at 1:15 AM

How to reach Kanazawa from Nagano by bus if possible?

1 Answer Apr 20, 2008 at 3:02 AM
    • EagleSoaring's Profile Photo

Real Estate Advice

by EagleSoaring Online Now Dec 20, 2002 at 7:34 PM

Hello I expect to move to Matsumoto/Nagano in March. Any advice on choosing a real estate agent would be greatly appreciated! And is there any way to get around the agent fees/key money???

2 Answers Jan 7, 2003 at 3:57 PM