Naga Travel Answers

change location

going to naga via private vehicle

by superghurl0109 Online Now Nov 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Hi,

we are planning a road trip to Naga on Nov 16, 2012. would like to know if there are rough roads going to Naga City? like from batangas to quezon province? is it advisable to bring cars or vans if you are only 2-3 pax? is there any other way aside from the "bituka ng manok" road that can be used going to Naga city? what is the best time to travel from Quezon city to Naga?

Hope you can help me. thank you.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: going to naga via private vehicle

by asianbelle Online Now Nov 3, 2012 at 6:03 AM

It has been 5 years since my last trip and during that time, the stretch of Quirino Highway (connecting Quezon, Camarines Norte and Sur) was in bad shape. It was the only portion of the trip that was rough. But I heard that this was rehabilitated, so I guess, better roads now.

You didn't state where you're coming from, but if from Manila, the only portion of Batangas that you will pass is Sto. Tomas, then drive towards San Pablo City which borders Tiaong (Quezon). Upon reaching the entrance to Bondoc Peninsula or Quezon National Park (which is also called "Doble Eme" or double M), you have to option to skip this and not leave the national highway. Though the latter would add at least 20 minutes travel time, the road is not winding and steep.

Bringing a car is more convenient as you can always stop to stretch your legs and visit the restroom. Better if you can rotate driving among the 3 of you. Manila to Naga is about 8-9 hours.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • eagerexplorer's Profile Photo

by eagerexplorer Online Now Nov 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I have an officemate from Bicol who says that there's no need to pass through Bitukang Manok to get to Naga. You don't have to pass through the rough roads in Camarines Norte too.

If you're hesitant on driving, you can always hop on a bus. Get the one with lazy boy seats to make your journey comfortable.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

• monina_c's Profile Photo

by monina_c Online Now Nov 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM

i agree with asianbelle! it is easy to drive up to naga if somebody else can spell you at the driver seat. :) the roadtrip is easy as the roads leading to naga are mostly well paved. when you reach Malicboy, the barrio before the Quezon National Forest Park with its famous Zigzag road, the road forks... take the left so you can use the diversion road -- still scenic but not as beautiful as the Zigzag. :) early morning is a good time to leave manila so you can miss the traffic and get to naga with sun still up.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Naga