Nafplio Travel Answers

change location
GeorgeP34's Profile Photo

looking for my grandfathers birth residence

by GeorgeP34 Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Looking for a municipality, church, or organization who can help me find my grandfathers birth residence
in Nafplio Greece. I have his name.birth date and parents name

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: looking for my grandfathers birth residence

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Have you looked on ancestry.com? They have extensive records from all over the world. http://www.ancestry.com/

Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: looking for my grandfathers birth residence

by davidjo Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I don't know about Greece but i am sure that there must be some type of registry of births and if you managed to get hold of his birth certificate it should show the address of his parents at the time of birth if it is similar to my country's birth certificate

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Re: looking for my grandfathers birth residence

by Phillyjan Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I think a good place to start would be by requesting help from a very knowledgeable permanent resident of Nafplio. I happen to know of one, and she's wonderful. She created and runs the very best website about Nafplio and the area -- http://www.visitnafplio.com/Home.html. She's Norwegian, but has lived in Nafplio 10 years, is now part of a local family, knows all the ins & outs. I would suggest that you write her an e-mail, giving all the background information, and asking i she would know the best office to direct your query to. Here is the contact llink visitnafplio.com/visitnafpli...
    She would know what office to apply to with your data (and even perhaps a name, to speed things up).

Greek paperwork and government inefficiency and red-tape are legendary, so I would not count on being able to do it all by long distance. In correspondence, getting the right NAME to contact is important to getting any kind of action. Good luck!!

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines