Nadi Travel Answers

change location
boundarybay's Profile Photo

27 hours in Nadi

by boundarybay Online Now Sep 21, 2010 at 7:23 AM

My daughter and I have a 27 hour lay over in Nadi on our way to New Zealand. We arrive at 5:30 a.m and leave at 8:30 the next day. What would you suggest we do in that time? I have heard you can leave your bags at the airport in a locker. Have you heard of that? Also we are just looking for a place to lay on the beach and get over jet lag. Do not need anything fancy.

Please advise.
Kind regards,
Janet

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: 27 hours in Nadi

by Odinnthor Online Now Sep 21, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Although it has been awhile since I have been in Fiji, I was a frequent visior there in the past. The Fijians are the native Polynesians and fourth and fifth generation Indians (India), brough over long ago for work details. Expect a lot of Indian influence in the local culture.

There is a lugguage storage room at the airport. The cost was4FJD per bag per day, but it is liklely gone up since then, - about6-7FJDs I would imagine. However, you should probably just go to Denerau Island, - as you are going to need a hotel overnight.

Figure on some time to check both out and back in to the airport, - then I would suggest taking a20-25.00 taxi to Denarau Island, and there at hotel circle there are plenty of hotels restaurants and shops all in one place, - and of course plenty of beaches. Here is a page that explains, and has a simple map to orientate you to the area, and a couple with hotels and other information in Denerau.

beautifulfiji.com/nadi-airpo...

http://www.denarauresorts.com/

http://www.denaraufijiresorts.com/

If you want to, you can either hang out at the beach or take some half day tour to explore a bit. Here is a look.

fijitourism.com/tours/lautok...

firstclass.com.au/luxury/pac...

Hope this helps....d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines