Nadi Travel Answers

change location

stop over in nadi

by tiarned Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM

my friend and i are stopping over in nadi on our way to hawaii for 4 hours, im guessing we will have to spend atleast one hour of that at the airport before our flight out but in the time will we have enough time to leave the airport and go to the beach or see anything?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • AnaMM's Profile Photo

Re: stop over in nadi

by AnaMM Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM

ummmmm. not really and I didn't find Nadi itself all that thrilling by the way.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Re: stop over in nadi

by Maryimelda Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM

If your luggage is checked through to Hawaii and you don't have to worry about collecting it and checking it in again you could possibly get a taxi from the airport to Port Denarau (about a 10 minute drive)and have a walk around the little shopping centre and have something to eat at one of the many restaurants there. Just about every popular international and local food is available there. There's even a Hard Rock Cafe. Many major resorts are in that same area as well. Tell your taxi driver what time you want to go back to the airport and usually you will find that he will make a point of being there to pick you up. If not, there is a taxi rank at the Port but don't leave it till too late to head back to the airport. Depending on how much time it takes you to get out of the airport when you land, I would say that you could have about 2 hours or a little less at the Port. This would be plenty of time to have a walk around and something to eat.

I agree with the previous poster, don't waste your time in Nadi Town, it is the pits and certainly nothing to get excited about.

• Re: stop over in nadi

by tiarned Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 6:35 AM

thanks for the advice guys, i spoke to my travel agent today and he advised it would probably be to tight on time to do anything in between, i will find out about our luggage tho and if its directed onto the next flight se might be lucky
    :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines