Nadi Travel Answers

change location

Bed Bugs

by mariaglu Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 4:40 AM

Are bed bugs a problem in particular at sonaisali Island resort? I have read reviews about this but notice that they were posted in 2009 & 2010. I wonder if these are still a problem? If so what do we have to bring to avoid being bitten & ruining our holiday?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

Re: Bed Bugs

by goodfish Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 5:25 AM

I can't answer your question about this specific hotel but we've had many, many discussions about bedbugs in the past. You might look at this one:

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

The sad reality is that if a hotel has them, there's only so much you can do to avoid them. The bigger trick is to learn how to detect them upon arrival in your room, and to find a different hotel if you see the bugs themselves or the evidence they leave. Take a look at this article:

msnbc.msn.com/id/11915026/ns...

Even if you don't see them, taking some of the precautions listed in the first discussion can help you avoid bringing them home with you - which is what you REALLY want to do. I'll add to that list bringing along a plastic mattress cover, and I hear that storing luggage in a tiled bathroom at the hotel can be helpful. But to my knowledge, there are no effective sprays you can bring along that will kill them or prevent bites.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Re: Bed Bugs

by Maryimelda Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 5:34 AM

I stayed for five days at Sonasaili in September, 2010 and found no sign of bed bugs whatsoever. The resort is first class as far as accommodation goes. Fabulous big airy and very clean rooms. My only complaint was the food which left lot to be desired, but Fijian food is iffy wherever you go in the country. For a good meal with plenty of international restaurant choices go to Port Denarau which is a moderate taxi fare from Sonasaili.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines