Nadi Travel Answers

change location

Buy snorkel/scuba equipment in Nadi?

by lloyd1223 Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 10:16 AM

Bula!
My name is Mark, and I am travelling to Fiji shortly. I will only be staying in Nadi a few days, but will travel aorund Fiji for 3 weeks. I would like to know if I should purchase snorkel or scuba equipment in Nadi, in another area (Suva or others) or if I should bring it with me. I am most concerned with costs. I live in the US now. Thank you for any help or suggestions, in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • sunshinejo's Profile Photo

RE: Buy snorkel/scuba equipment in Nadi?

by sunshinejo Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 12:58 PM

Hi there!
    Pretty much anywhere you go in Fiji will be able to rent you a snorkel and mask if you want one. However they may charge you up to10 (that's Fiji dollars) per day for the privilege! I have my own snorkel and mask anyway, so I took that with me, and just managed without fins. If you don't already have any gear then I guess it depends on how much you're planning on using it. I was in the sea snorkelling every day of my 14 day stay, so I guess you could say I saved140 by bringing my own. You'll definitly be able to pick up a cheap set in Nadi, and it'll probably be worth it. As for scuba diving, it's pretty cheap to do in Fiji and they provide ALL the gear, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Have fun, you'll love it there!
    Jo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Buy snorkel/scuba equipment in Nadi?

by lloyd1223 Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 2:23 PM

thanks so much

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines