Nacka Travel Answers

change location
young_roger_rackham's Profile Photo

envvironment

by young_roger_rackham Online Now Apr 14, 2004 at 5:37 PM

hi der . i will be staying in Alta in summer at some people i know and i would like to know what kind of place Alta is.if anyone could give me sites in english wer i can find more abot it would be just great. tnks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: envvironment

by Sjalen Online Now Apr 15, 2004 at 1:47 AM

You don't give up, do you :-))) Älta is so small that all you can find is their own community service pages with doctors, school projects and sports clubs I think. Try the tourist pages of Nacka in general. Oh, and I think you'll spend most of your time in Stockholm itself anyway. :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • young_roger_rackham's Profile Photo

Re: Re: envvironment

by young_roger_rackham Online Now Apr 15, 2004 at 5:46 AM

i was raised that way haha :) tnks for your constant posting. i just wanted to know what the place i will stay in will look like its more of curiosity than anything else. i like to picture the places where im going.. how much does it cost to get a bus from alta to stockholm?

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Re: envvironment

by Sjalen Online Now Apr 15, 2004 at 7:41 AM

Haha, that's the spirit! It depends on how much you want to travel (a lot I suppose). The thing with Greater Stockholm is that it is cheap to travel from one end to the other of the county with a monthly card as it has no zone divisions, but it is not that cheap for tourists who stay a week or so as lose tickets are stamped by zones. You can buy either SL travel cards for 24 hrs (SEK 95) or 72 hrs (SEK 180) or a Stockholm Visitors Card (with museum entrances etc as well as travel for a couple of days) but if you stay longer (like a week) and cannot benefit from just a few days you often end up paying more for travel. I don't know how long you will stay for but a monthly card is SEK 600 whilst the alternative is to buy a "strip" of 20 tickets (SEK 145) and then stamp every time you ride. For Nacka it is either zone 2 or 3 so up to 4 tickets will be stamped on your strip every time you go somewhere...You see that it soon adds up...Maybe 2 times 72 hr cards would be the best alternative for a week instead...I buy 72 hr ones when I visit my parents for a long weekend as they are in a suburb zone too...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines