Naaldwijk Travel Answers

change location

Place to stay in Naaldwijk

by Atiamuri Online Now Nov 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM

We are travelling to Netherlands May 2013 and looking for bed & breakfast or hotel in Naaldwijk for 5-7 days. It is my husband's birthplace and his first visit since leaving 60 years ago. A pleasant place where we can explore from. Thanks for any advice of accommodation or things to do. Thanks

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Place to stay in Naaldwijk

by Beausoleil Online Now Nov 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM

We haven't been there, but whenstaying in Europe we often use http://www.booking.com for accommodations and have never had a problem with them. Here is a B&B suggestion from them near Naaldwijk. booking.com/hotel/nl/b-amp-b...

If you go to the www.booking.com web site and plug in your dates, you should come up with several choices. There are reviews on booking.com that you can check and we also check reviews on www.tripadvisor.com as a double check.

There is a time difference between here and Europe so be patient and folks from Europe will answer you here. I checked Virtual Tourist Hotel and Accommodations Tips for Naaldwijk and there was only one hotel mentioned and it got very bad reviews.

Another excellent web site for booking is http://www.venere.com
    We've used them many times and always were very happy. With both of these web sites, you give a credit card number to reserve but you don't pay for the room until you arrive so you retain control of your money until you book into the hotel.

Good luck; I hope you find something you like.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Place to stay in Naaldwijk

by Atiamuri Online Now Nov 10, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Beausoleil
    Thanks so much for your prompt reply. Its very helpful indeed
    Judy

• a5floor's Profile Photo

by a5floor Online Now Nov 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Hi there,

There isn't a b&b directly in Noordwijk, but I found a hotel in Noordwijk named Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Carlton:

hotelcarlton.nl/?gclid=COr-l...

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Nov 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM

How about:

Huize Knus & Klaaske
    Prinses Julianastraat 38
    2671 EK Naaldwijk
    Cellphone: +31612031522

PJ

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Nov 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Aich, Naaldwijk. There's still a teeny tiny bit of old center left but most of it is new. And certainly newer than 60 years. But what old there is left, is nice.

Rent a bike and explore the area, famous for its glasshouse industry but also lovely little dykes and water. May will be good for flowers bulbs blooming.

Delft and The Hague and Rotterdam are at a short distance. But not short travel time!
    For beaches try Scheveningen or Hoek van Holland.

Learn about the deltaworks, how we keep out the water and see one of the most impressive examples at Hoek van Holland: Keringhuis (the Maaslantkering). It's not far cycling (9 kms). Entrance is free. keringhuis.nl/index.php?id=3...

However, to be honest, Naaldwijk is not the most ideal to explore from. It's around 50 mins to The Hague and 50 minutes to Rotterdam by public transportation. Naaldwijk doesn't have a railway station.

Personally I suggest you find accommodation in nearby Delft which is much more picturesque, with lots of museums, restaurants, canals and lovely shops like a miniature Amsterdam. From Delft you can reach any city (like Amsterdam!) by train easily. Just visit Naaldwijk by bus for a day.

Especially for you, I put up a few photos of Naaldwijk which I made not long ago:
    "Naaldwijk, market town" - Naaldwijk by ATLC
    (some more in the travelogue if you scroll down).

• Re: Place to stay in Naaldwijk

by Atiamuri Online Now Nov 22, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Thanks ATLC

Thank you. We are now getting more of a picture of Naaldwijk. We're pretty novice travellers so really appreciate all advice. We usually stay around the Pacific Islands so this is the big one for us.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines