Mysore

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 1 day in mysore. need itinerary.

by bebokanchan Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM

what will be the sutable itinerary for one day in mysore. 11am to 10 pm . overnight at hotel. we r two couple. should we hire any car for sightseeing or it can be managable by walk.

9 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM
    • iontransportat

by askari11 Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM

how do I get a private taxi for three days in Mysore?

1 Answer Oct 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    • mysore city travel

by askari11 Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM

what is the best way to get a private taxi with driver for three days in Mysore for city travel?

2 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • Car rental

by Philsmart Online Now May 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Planning to go to mysore on 21st June from ooty and spend one day in mysore. Can someone suggest a reliable car driver please. Approx. what will be the fare?

2 Answers May 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM
    • Please Suggest me tour plan for 5 days 4 nights around mysore

by tellapati Online Now Nov 22, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Hi Forum,

We are a young couple coming to Bangalore on 22-dec-2012 early in the morning at around 6.30 AM and have return train at 8.50 PM on 26-dec-2012 from Bangalore to Hyderabad.

We are basically nature lovers would like to spend our time in lush green places.

We don't like to travel too much during our trip. We love calm, pleasant places with lots of greenery, flowers, birds etc.

Could you please suggest us best tour plan including sites to visit, where to stay, where to eat etc.

We can spend around Rs. 2000 to 2500/- per night for accommodation.

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh.

tellapati@yahoo.com

4 Answers Nov 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM
    • Massage course in Mysore

by Ira1971 Online Now May 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Hello,

I would like to visit Mysore in November and was wondering if anyone knows a place where massage courses are given?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,
      Ira

2 Answers Sep 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM
    • explorerboy's Profile Photo

How to Reach??

by explorerboy Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Hello May I know how to reach mysore from Delhi???

5 Answers Aug 22, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    • Need Best Mysore Sight seeing tourist for 2 days

by arunachalamamsam Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 4:17 AM

hello, can you please suggest a good tourist agency for mysore trip (for 2 days), i am residing in Bangalore

2 Answers May 17, 2013 at 2:22 AM
    • OOOOOOOPS SORRY

by crazy4757 Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 5:26 AM

I FORGOT TO MENTION WE ARE COMING FROM BANGLORE TO MYSORE.
      IVE GOT ONLY FOUR DAYS AND I WANT IT TO BE ECONOMICAL,
      PLZZ SUGGEST.
      I HAVE GOT THREE DAYS IN MYSORE WHAT ALL PLACES CAN I SEE IN AND AROUND MYSORE.

2 Answers Jul 12, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    • RUNNING SHORT OF TIME ANYBODY PLZ HELP.

by crazy4757 Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 5:20 AM

HELLO EVERYBODY...im palnning to visit mysore for four days with my girlfriend, i have no idea about what places to be visited,where to be stayed and im also worried about social security. would there be any problem for us in renting a room i mean from the hotel management side or the police,we both are MOJORS.Should i book a car or can come by bus,i heard there are some places to be seen between blore n mysore n if i go by bus i would miss them. i wanna make the most of it.
      COULD ANYONE PLZ TELL ME WHAT ARE THE PLACES TO BE SEEN BETWEEN BANGLORE AND MYSORE,IN MYSORE. A ECONOMICAL LOADGING,GOOD FOOD. WHAT SHOULD BE TRHE BUDGET.
      MY BUDGET IS AROUND EIGHT THOUSAND,DO U THINK ITZ SUFFICIENT?
      I LOVE NATURE I WAS PLANNING TO GO TO BANDIPUR WILDLIFE SANCTUARY,WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE.
      SUGGESTIONS INVITED.
      THANK YOU

3 Answers Apr 4, 2010 at 6:25 AM
    • Cabs from Mysore

by viswram Online Now Feb 3, 2010 at 3:09 AM

Is it possible to hire a cab (Genuine one) from Mysore for one day sight seeing around mysore? What would be the tariff rates? If anybody knows a good travels? Do help me out..

5 Answers Jun 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    • kamaferro's Profile Photo

Nice and clean hotel in Mysore

by kamaferro Online Now Oct 23, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Any suggestion for nice and clean hotel in Mysore ?

Thanks

6 Answers Nov 7, 2009 at 9:06 AM
    • From ooty to mysuru!!!

by pawali Online Now Mar 29, 2009 at 12:33 AM

This is the first time i coming to India with my wife for leisure purpose, between sept 2009 and mid november 2009.

I would like to get some suggestion the mode of transport( which is cheap, affordable, and convinent) May be its sound a bit different caused i assumed the hospitality there would be as same as malaysia. i dont want to get cheated by the touts

where should i get the first class bus ticket from ooty to mysuru in ooty.
      (mode of transport suggested, frequent of transport, journey time and estimated cost)

Hotel ( Budget range from Rs.1100 to Rs 1350 must be safe and clean with attached toilets and easy to access the city. .

Any way to arrange city tour at the minimal cost and safely which are as follows:

Mysuru palace
      Brindhawan musiacal fountain
      Chamundeswari temple
      Night tour of the city around the palace

vege and non vege restaurant for your recommendation.

Pls advice

2 Answers Mar 29, 2009 at 5:01 AM
    • dahomej's Profile Photo

Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve

by dahomej Online Now Dec 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM

Hi!

I'm going to travel south from Mysore to Kerala, and visit any reserve or National Park on the way. I'd like to see elephants, crocodiles, beautiful landscapes, etc...

Which Park should I choose: Mudumalai, Nagarhole, Bandipur, Wayanad, Periyar or maybe Silent Valley? Where can I find wild nature and decent, inexpensive accomodsation.

Thanks

5 Answers Dec 9, 2008 at 9:30 AM
    • baloog's Profile Photo

IS THERE ANY SHORTCUT ROAD TO MYSORE FROM CHENNAI

by baloog Online Now Nov 23, 2008 at 2:27 AM

HI IS THERE ANY SHORTCUT ROAD FROM CHENNAI TO MYSORE WITH OUT TOUCHING BANGLORE ?

WISH TO DRIVE FROM CHENNAI TO MYSORE WITHOUT GOING TO BANGLORE. PLEASE IF ANY ONE CAN SUGGEST I WOULD APPRECIATE.

5 Answers Dec 4, 2008 at 5:20 AM
    • Meeting up in Mysore and accomodation help..

by yogajo Online Now Aug 17, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Hey there,

Will be studying yoga in Mysore for two months from October 8th and wondered if any fellow females fancy meeting up for a coffee or just see the sights of Mysore or surrounding areas?

Will be staying in Laxipuram and wondered if anyone has info & contact on home stays in this area?

Cheers
      Joanna

3 Answers Oct 31, 2009 at 12:24 AM
    • the rate of taxi from bangalore to mysore..........

by shobharat Online Now Jan 23, 2008 at 5:26 AM

I wanted to know how much do the taxis charge in indian rupees from bangalore to Mysore??

2 Answers Jan 24, 2008 at 2:11 AM
    • Dates for Dasara in Mysore.

by K44skov Online Now Jun 27, 2007 at 2:06 AM

I am trying to find the date for the big procession.
      Somewhere I have seen the date of Okt. 21, but I think that is too late to be first day.
      Is it correct that the procession is on the 10. day?

2 Answers Jun 29, 2007 at 12:21 AM
    • car rentals

by venkat555 Online Now May 29, 2007 at 12:26 AM

is there a car rental service at mysore, can u givethe phone number

thanks
      venkat

• Drop in Yoga classes in Mysore

by Brijette Online Now Jan 18, 2007 at 3:39 AM

Hi,

I'm going to Mysore for a week in Feb. can anyone suggest any highly reccommended drop in yoga classes? I have made enquiries about quite a few and they all require a minimum of a months attendance. I'm keen but can't afford that amount of time there!

Any advice on a lone girl travelling from Bangalore to Mysore would be great too. Landing at 5am so thinking of getting the train...any tips?

Cheers
      Brijette x

6 Answers Aug 28, 2009 at 5:58 AM
    • Swimming Pool Mysore

by fishdisco Online Now Mar 12, 2006 at 11:11 AM

Hi

I am thinking of moving to Mysore for a couple of months. I am from the UK. There are a couple of things I need help with before I decide if I can go to Mysore.

Firstly is there a 25m swimming pool in Mysore? Either public or private or perhaps a nice hotel? I am a swimmer and I would need to have a swimming pool. How do they feel about females swimming? I am cool with there being a separate ladies session.

Secondly are there any intensive kannada courses? I mean 6+ hours a day for maybe one month. I would also be prepared to pay for one-to-one lessons so that I can learn faster.

Looking forward to your reply. Many thanks
      Fish

3 Answers Mar 25, 2007 at 11:47 PM
    • Hardwicke Church

by SLilaRamachandran Online Now Apr 18, 2005 at 1:29 AM

Can anyone help with the address and telephone number of Hardwicke Church
      in Mysore? Also any write up on the internet about the history of this church would be of great help.

2 Answers Apr 22, 2005 at 1:37 AM
    • SooBrand's Profile Photo

Taxi from Bangalore to Mysore?

by SooBrand Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 1:24 PM

I'm going to be in Bangalor next week and wanted to take a trip to Mysore. The office I am visiting has offered to arrange a taxi to take me to Mysore for the day - but they are estimating that it will cost 100USD. It's been suggested to me that it shouldn't cost anything like that much (in Bali we hired a car and driver for a day for 25USD and I'm told that India should be similar). Any comments or suggestions on how best to go about this? I only have one day to spare (sadly a Monday not a Sunday) and I have to return to Bangalore that night. Is this feasible, or should I look for something closer at hand? Thanks, -Dominic

6 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 2:20 AM
    • Hotel President

by bazza1 Online Now Dec 4, 2003 at 5:01 AM

I'm off to India for new year and have been booked by my travel agent into the Hotel President in Mysore. All I know about the place is their phone number (!) Can anyone provide any further details please? bazza

1 Answer Dec 19, 2004 at 9:27 PM
    • luckywanderer's Profile Photo

Anti-malarials & travel

by luckywanderer Online Now Nov 24, 2003 at 12:11 PM

Hello all! My question is about the risk of malaria during the time that I'll be traveling/visiting in Mysore, Bangalore and Mumbai. I'll be there from Jan 7th until the 22nd. From my understanding this is the height of winter - I recognize that malaria is a very real threat, but under the circumstances I'm wondering if subjecting myself to not-so-pleasant side effects makes sense if I'm able to take necessary precautions (mosquito coils, mosquito repellent spray w/DEET, wearing long pants and long-sleeved shirts during the evening). My question is how real of a threat do malaria-infected mosquitoes pose during my time of travel? I'm having some reservations on taking the pills I've been prescribed due to the information that I've come across. I've been prescribed Malarone. Any information would be incredibly helpful. I definitely want to be safe on the trip, but I don't want to spend the short time that I have there feeling ill due to the prescription. Take care & be well, Paz Emely O

7 Answers Dec 11, 2003 at 4:21 AM
    • Mysore Home to Rent

by DianaStevens Online Now Oct 16, 2003 at 11:39 AM

We are a family of 5 (see Inspired Tutor question also) and looking for a house/villa/condo/apartment to rent in Mysore (and environs) from the middle of December until the first week in February '04. We would need enough space for 3 children and 2 adults. Would love any feedback...Diana

1 Answer Mar 12, 2006 at 9:48 AM
    • Inspired Tutor for Inspired Children?

by DianaStevens Online Now Oct 16, 2003 at 11:36 AM

We are a family of 5 (2 adults/3children;ages 7, 10 and 11) travelling in India for 3 months. My husband is doing research for a novel. We are going to be based in Mysore from the middle of Dec. until the end of the first week in February. I will be doing Ashtanga yoga at AYRI in Gokulam and my husband will be writing each morning, therefore I am trying to find a unique person (perhaps Mysore University student) that would be able to "teach" the children about local customs, history, language, sights, etc. etc. during the morning hours--perhaps 3-4 each day. We could be flexible on days and times. The kids are eager and I am looking to find a person who would be excited to spend the time and share knowledge. We are leaving on Nov. 15th, so I just have a month left. Please advise with any information!! Many thanks, Diana

• pendam's Profile Photo

Mysore/ooty : Looking for advise on hotels

by pendam Online Now Sep 18, 2003 at 11:31 PM

Mysore: Looking for advise on hotels Hi I am parshuram from Bombay, i'm looking for some advise on a good but afffordable hotel in Mysore and ooty which is in a near railway station /bus depo location .I am visit in oct last week (after end of diwali) with my family total 4 persons. (request:-hotel name/ phone no and tarrif detials required) thanks parshuram

5 Answers Sep 26, 2003 at 10:59 PM
    • looking for an apartment in mysore

by Iswari Online Now Jul 16, 2003 at 2:06 PM

We are looking for an apartment in Mysore from September 5 to October 4, 2003. . . . any ideas? There are two of us

3 Answers Mar 12, 2006 at 9:57 AM