Mysore Travel Answers

change location

Swimming Pool Mysore

by fishdisco Online Now Mar 12, 2006 at 11:11 AM

Hi

I am thinking of moving to Mysore for a couple of months. I am from the UK. There are a couple of things I need help with before I decide if I can go to Mysore.

Firstly is there a 25m swimming pool in Mysore? Either public or private or perhaps a nice hotel? I am a swimmer and I would need to have a swimming pool. How do they feel about females swimming? I am cool with there being a separate ladies session.

Secondly are there any intensive kannada courses? I mean 6+ hours a day for maybe one month. I would also be prepared to pay for one-to-one lessons so that I can learn faster.

Looking forward to your reply. Many thanks
Fish

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • zanzibarman's Profile Photo

RE: Swimming Pool Mysore

by zanzibarman Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 10:04 AM

Hello there,
    There is alot nice hotel in mysore, but most of them they dont have pool but there is some did have. Like Ramanashree hotel around the city did have swimming pool it cost abit. If you need to learn karnada go to this restaurant there is lot of yoga students most of them from Europe and America most of them they live there for months they will help you alot. This two restaurants Shilpa shree and Parklane at six to seven you will meet alot of tourists going to eat. If you can't find take auto rick show they will take you there.
    Have nice trip to mysore I used to like there for four and half year. I speak alittle bit karnada. I used to be a student of mysore university.
    Zanzibarman

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Swimming Pool Mysore

by mathawan Online Now Mar 14, 2006 at 11:49 PM

hi

with a bit of searching you should easily find pools to access and a pleanty cheap one-to-one teachers.

im indian and have been there once..and will try to find more once i can i will reply...

cheers
    gagan

• Re: Swimming Pool Mysore

by rogxander Online Now Mar 25, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Hello,

I am in the same position you were in. I will be in Mysore for the next 3 months and am needing to a place to swim laps. Did you find a 25 meter pool.Are there any 50m pools?

Thanks

Rog

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines