Mysore Travel Answers

change location
SooBrand's Profile Photo

Taxi from Bangalore to Mysore?

by SooBrand Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 1:24 PM

I'm going to be in Bangalor next week and wanted to take a trip to Mysore. The office I am visiting has offered to arrange a taxi to take me to Mysore for the day - but they are estimating that it will cost 100USD. It's been suggested to me that it shouldn't cost anything like that much (in Bali we hired a car and driver for a day for 25USD and I'm told that India should be similar). Any comments or suggestions on how best to go about this? I only have one day to spare (sadly a Monday not a Sunday) and I have to return to Bangalore that night. Is this feasible, or should I look for something closer at hand? Thanks, -Dominic

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Taxi from Bangalore to Mysore?

by jamiejah Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 9:38 PM

hello dominic if you don,t want to get involved in getting ripped off by taxi drivers jump on the bus ,it ain,t far between bangalore and mysore and you will meet the locals.as far as taxi prices are between 4and 5 ruppes a kilometer,.a word of advise if you are thinking of buying sandalwood objects in mysore its all fake thay rub a sandalwood essence on a cheap wood and try to convinse you it is the real deal sandalwood is illegal to export in india mysore is greay wee town with surprisingly honest taxi drivers who put there meter on delho could learn from them cheers namaste jamie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • radz's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi from Bangalore to Mysore?

by radz Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 10:03 PM

Hi As you have only one day,its best option is go by taxi. And it wont cost 100USD.. From Bangalore to Mysore its around 135km only ,it took 3 hrs(with traffic ) .You can do as one day trip,if you start early.I suggest once you go there ,you can enquire taxi rates . Usually it will cost you around 36USD.may be more lor less it should not be more than 40USD. Bus also you avail,but local sightseeing again you have to hire taxi for local sightseeing. You can mail Swadeshika@vt member for taxi rates&more details. radz

• vinayverma's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Taxi from Bangalore to Mysore?

by vinayverma Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 10:51 PM

Just enquired with my friends in B'Lore and they say, your company must have arranged an AC car something like Suzuki Esteem. and it will cost you100 for the day or even more. How? AC Car hire has strange way of charging and it is Rs. 1000 for 8 hrs and upto 80Kms. Anything beyond that is charged at Rs.13.75/Km. Now for going to Mysore to and from journey is approx 300Kms and then keep another 40Kms for going around Mysore.That makes 340Kms...now you are paying Rs.1000 for first 80Km so for rest 260Kms you are going pay @ Rs.13.75 Adding up all you endup with a bill of around Rs.4500 which is approx100. There is an AC bus tour to Mysore but its only on Saturday (i doubt that but don't know about any other). They charge Rs 400 for the entire one day trip. Leaving at 7AM and returning back by 11PM. If you take a Non AC car it will definately be cheaper..and form last 2-3 days the weather in B'lore has been cooler.... Difficult choice I know but also keep in mind you flight timings while booking a car or bus.

• suru's Profile Photo

by suru Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 11:03 PM

You are being taken for a ride if some one says that the return trip to Mysore from Bangalore is USD100.!! Some taxi operators have fixed rate for a sight seeing trip to Mysore(same day return).Suggest you check with a couple of taxi agencies. Ask those agencies the places they will show you because some places have entrance fees and taxi fare depends on it. Also note that all the taxi agencies will quote the fare all inclusive like fuel to the car, driver's fee. etc. Suggest you to take a sight seeing bus that the travel agencies operate same day retun trip.Not only they are economical they cover most of the places and pick up and drop you from your hotel/area.There are both government and private trael agencies that operate sight seeing bus trips. Have a nice trip to Mysore.

• SooBrand's Profile Photo

by SooBrand Online Now Apr 22, 2004 at 10:02 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I spoke to the people arranging the day and they confirmed that it is indeed a "comfortable and air conditioned" taxi with the driver also acting as the guide for the day. Given my aversion to high temperatures (I'm only going there because of a business trip) I'm going to stick with the a/c. Apart from the Palace and the Temple on the hill (with the large Nindra statue) are there any other must sees, either in Mysore, or between there and Bangalore?? Cheers, -Dominic

• Re: Taxi from Bangalore to Mysore?

by sujitsood Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Mysore is just 140 km away from Bangalore. If you want to return same day visiting all tourist destination then you need to hire special car on rent from Bangalore. It's may be little expensive compare to going by bus but it's save your time and give more relief in travel. In Bangalore there are multiple car rental who have variety of car for rent as per your need and budget. Some of them offer big discount on advance booking and also book direct online by website. Hertz, Avis, Olacabs is a popular car rentals in Bangalore. If you know the driving and routes in Bangalore and Mysore then you can also hire zoomcar on rent without driver. Zoomcar is a self driving car rental in Bangalore.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines