Myshkin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• moscow to samara by road

Samara Apr 9, 2015 at 6:04 AM

We would like to travel in our motor home from Moscow to Samara .
      how much time should we allocate to this road tour?
      we will be going on to Kurgan then into Kazakhstan to Astana.
      Hence knowledge about road conditions, time needed, facilities available en route would be greatly welcome .traveling during Aug 2015.Thank you in advance

more
    • Place to hike?

Vladivostok Apr 24, 2015 at 7:09 AM

I am gonna visit Vladivostok at the end of May. I just wonder any good place to hike for 2-3 hours in Vladivostok? Is it safe to hike alone?

Thanks.

more
    • airport safety

Moscow Apr 11, 2015 at 2:33 PM

long overnight stay on way to Croatia - sleeping lounge/rooms in the airport have very mixed reviews and no prices that I can find. There is a hotel right outside the terminal - no visa necessary - anyone have any suggestions or comments on safety?

more
    • Helicopter tour over Saint Petersburg

Saint Petersburg Apr 10, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Hello everyone!

Is anyone of you interested in sharing the costs of a helicopter tour? Me and my boyfriend are going to Petersburg next week and I want to surprise him with a helicopter tour. Unfortunately, the tour is too expensive for me and I can't afford the costs all on my own (; We would fly with a 3-person helicopter, the price is always the same: 23.500 rubles (I already got an discount of 2500 rubels). That means that if I would find one more who would like to take the tour with us, the price would be about 7.840 rubles. I would really, really love to take the heli-tour, because I think it's a lifetime experience. And what's more: the ruble is currently down - that means that this tour probably will never be that "cheap" again (;

Many thanks in advance Judith

more
    • Bar for live football

Saint Petersburg Apr 10, 2015 at 5:38 AM

Hello everyone, I will be sunday afternoon in SPB and I am looking for a bar with a screen to watch live football
      The match I am looking for is Premier League in Belgium, so i guess it needs to be a large place with different screens and satellite TV
      any suggestions ??

Thank you !

more
    • MTB and weekend bike tour

Vladivostok Apr 25, 2015 at 6:05 AM

According to wiki travel (wikitravel.org/en/Vladivosto...), people love to bike to the islands on the weekend. I just wonder where I can find the bike rental in the downtown or in the islands?

(By the way, what does the MTB stand for?)

Thanks.

more
    • family vacation in moscow

Moscow Yesterday

Hi...i want to know that given the current currency crisis in Russia, how has it effected the day to day prices in Moscow.

I am planning to travel with my wife and 12 year old son in June and would like to stay in a decent 3 star property and do the normal touristy things, have an un-rushed feel of the city, sit out cafe type lunch and some walk around sight seeing in the late afternoon / evening.

Then we plan to go to St. Petersburg by high speed train

How much should be budget per day in dollars per head? We so not plan to eat at fancy places or stay at fancy places but would like to visit the touristy cathedrals/spots, etc. So not a budget travel but not too expensive too

What kind of costs for such a normal holiday? Any insights will be appreciated.

more
    • ATM's and Cards in Russia

Russia Apr 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM

I want to travel to Russia soon as a tourist. Does anyone know whether tourists can still use their credit/debit cards in Russia without any problems? I am a little concerned after reading about the new National Payment System they have in Russia. Has anyone had any problems while traveling there?

more
    • Jessicaereid's Profile Photo

Best Local Food Spots - Moscow & St. Petersburg

Russia Apr 12, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Heading to Russia in a Month, spending half the time in Moscow and the other in St. Petersburg. Looking for recommendations for favorite "local restaurants" as to not get stuck in the tourist trap. Not intimidated travelers by any means so any options are great options! thanks!

more
    • Transportation from Belorusskey train station to Marriott Grand Hotel at 26/1 Tverskaya St.

Moscow Apr 8, 2015 at 12:16 PM

I will be taking the Aero express to the train station and on the map the hotel appears to be over a mile from the station.

Normally a taxi would be the way to go but there are many warnings about taking a taxi from outside the station.

Thank you

more
    • Chung64's Profile Photo

Russian visa

Russia Apr 5, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Hello VT members. We are planning to visit Moscow & St Petersburg in May/June 2015. We are planning to stay in studios via airbnb as we will stay 6 days in each city. However, the studio owners could not be able to supply us the invitation letter for visa application. Does anyone knows how we can get such invitation letter? Thanks in advance for all the help you can offer.

more
    • Internal Flights for UK Passport Holders

Russia Apr 14, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Hi there.

Are there any special conditions for UK Passport holders with a valid Russian visa taking internal flights. Mainly I'm concerned about how long before the flight I would need to arrive at the airport for check in.

Many Thanks

Paul

more