Myrtle Beach Travel Answers

change location

Myrtle Beach

by hikeup Online Now Oct 14, 2012 at 4:55 AM

My wife and I will be traveling to Myrtle Beach for a couple of days before heading to Charleston SC and Savannah Ga. I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in a long time and was wondering if is still better to stay North of the amusement park or is south nice too. We will have a rental car but we do prefer to walk to a place for dinner and drinks. What hotels would you reconmend that are on the beach and near the the restaurants and bars?

Thanks,

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Re: Myrtle Beach

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Oct 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Myrtle Beach is very linear in its form. I believe you would prefer the area north of Myrtle Beach to the central and south sections of town. The area north of Myrtle Beach and the town of North Myrtle Beach are more laid back and quieter. They don't have the night life and the wild party scene you see downtown and to some extent in the south. The beaches are also a little nicer in the north part of town as well. Commercial areas are also more separated from the housing as opposed to central and southern parts of town.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Myrtle Beach

by teddymatthews Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I perfer north of the park... If I were you I would rent a condo , they are much nicer than motels and more private ! You can get a oceanfront condo for the price of a hotel room !

youtube.com/watch?v=dWb3C-PP...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines