Mykonos Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Budget guesthouse/room wanted 2015

by neecey60 Online Now Aug 17, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Hi there, My hubby and I plan to stay 2 months on Mykonos Isl from July - Sept 2015. We are looking for clean, comfortable, cheap self-catering accommodation. Does anybody out there know of any suitable websites, or private rentals available please?

Because we are staying 2 months and our budget is very limited.

Thanks a lot
      Dee :)

more
    • Budget guesthouse/room wanted 2015

by neecey60 Online Now Aug 17, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Hi there, My hubby and I plan to stay 2 months on Mykonos Isl from July - Sept 2015. We are looking for clean, comfortable, cheap self-catering accommodation. Does anybody out there know of any suitable websites, or private rentals available please?

Because we are staying 2 months and our budget is very limited.

Thanks a lot
      Dee :)

3 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • Mykonos - Advice Needed

by Laura2014 Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Hi everyone, I'm looking to book a holiday to Mykonos in September for a chilled 1 week relaxing beach holiday with my boyfriend. With so many options of hotels and areas to stay, can you please give me some advice on what the main towns have to offer, any good beaches and what the best areas to stay are? Thanks : )

1 Answer Jun 24, 2014 at 3:43 PM
    • DidierF's Profile Photo

which islands to visit?

by DidierF Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I am travelling to Mykonos for 5 days end of July. Which islands nearby do you recommend I visit?

6 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 1:02 PM
    • Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

Psarou, Mykonos Town or Ornos?

by Rach&Jay Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Hi All, We will be in Mykonos for 3 nights in July. Want to spend the days on the beach and enjoy the nightlife of an evening. Love good food (not touristy places if they are available in Mykonos?)
      What do you think the best area to stay in is? Psarou, Mykonos Town or Ornos?
      Can anyone please give me their opinions on the pros and cons of each?
      Thanks a bunch!
      Rach

6 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • kralicetuce's Profile Photo

july or august

by kralicetuce Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 7:50 AM

hi I wanna visit mykonos this year but I could not decide upon the month. Which one will be the best july or august? I mean for partying for weather for beach parties :-) please help

5 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • Rubbish/Refuse Epidemic in Mykonos

by stephanie1975 Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM

We are flying to Mykonos Sept 2013, and have seen recent reports that there is a really bad problem in Mykonos with Rubbish/Refuse! Can anyone advise if they have experienced this problem?? Is it only in certain areas?? Should we avoid certain places?? We are going to Platis Yialos!!

Many Thanks :)

1 Answer Aug 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    • KornelijaG's Profile Photo

Atv or motorbike to rent ???

by KornelijaG Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM

When we r in mykonos we are thinking to rent a motorbike for a week.but my husband thinks that atv is much better.what would you suggest to drive in mykonos island.we will use it to drive to different beaches.is it difficult to find a park place for atv in the island center? Wich company would u suggest for the security,best prices etc?

4 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    • KornelijaG's Profile Photo

5th-12th august first time in mykonos

by KornelijaG Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM

We will stay for a week in mykonos at Manoulas beach hotel. Did anyone stayed there before? How's the location ,breakfast,beach?also we want to go to santorini for a day trip while staying at Mykonos.what boat tour company you can suggest for us? We want to spend a day in santorini and come back with the last boat back to our hotel.what is the prices for the tickets,and maybe someone knows timing for departures and arrivals?

2 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    • Traveling to Mykonos Alone in early July

by georgemani84 Online Now May 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Hi. I'll be traveling to Mykonos alone in early July - July 3rd through 11th. Would be great to meet up with some folks when there.

• Meghakochhar's Profile Photo

Areas to stay in Mykonos

by Meghakochhar Online Now Apr 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Hi,

1. I would like to know the area where I can stay in Mykonos, when my requirement is to see the nightlife, shop, eat at restaurants, being able to make a trip to beaches. I really don't want to be in a beach resort where it might get difficult to go to town.

2. Any specific budget hotels, B&Bs where we can stay? We are going for our honeymoon.

Cheers!
      Megha K.

5 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    • 2/3 days in Mykonos

by Uttio Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Hi! Am planning a 2/3 day trip to Mykonos in early June as part of a Greek Holiday with my wife & 12-yr old son. Would be arriving after a 2-day stop in Santorini & will move to Athens therafter. Just had a few questions:

1] Where should we base ourselves given the fact that we have only 2/3 days in Mykanos

2] Would love to enjoy a day on a beach - any suggestions where we shld be headed? Or would the beach options in Santorini be better?

3] Is the 3rd day in Mykonos a good idea - alternatively we could cut down the trip to 2 days and spend an additional day in Santorini (we currently plan to spend 2 days there)

Thanks a lot in advance.

13 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    • Weather and fun in begining of september

by coach6739 Online Now Dec 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I hope to be going to Mykonos in Sept 2013 with my wife and son who is 27 I would like to know if the place is still hoping like Aug. Hows the weather in the beginning of Sept. Thanks for all your help. I hope to be staying near paradise beach

2 Answers Jan 15, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    • Solo traveller 20th July for a week

by Copperbottom Online Now Jun 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Regularly in Mykonos and this time coming on my own as mate can't come. Looking for cool, fun people to hang out with on the beach and maybe eves. I am a early 30s Londoner. Staying between Paradise and town and have a bike. Be cool to hear from anyone...am not looking for anything over commited, as like my own independence.

• tours

by elmatt Online Now May 14, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I am cruising on the crown princess in september and Mykonos is one of our stops.
      Is it worth going on a guided tpor or better to go it alone.

1 Answer Jun 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    • AndyJA's Profile Photo

Mykonos- Eating out prices ?

by AndyJA Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Hi
      Visiting Mykonos next month for the first time & not sure how to budget for eating out (Booked a hotel with only B&B).
      Not sure what the effects of the current economic climate has had on Mykonos, so can anyone give me an idea of average costs for dining out - price of meals - beers etc. v UK prices.
      Obviously there will be high end eateries but I'm only looking for a general idea in terms of whether it is particularly expensive throughout or what to watch out for (location or anything specifically expensive).
      Hope someone can give me a heads up!
      Cheers

Andy

2 Answers Apr 9, 2012 at 2:21 AM
    • Where in Mykonos to go??

by yashwantgiri Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Hello !
      I m planning a week vacation with my brother sister and our kids in may-June 2012. We want a vacation full of water sports and diving and nightlife. But we do want to walk back to a quiet place to sleep. I believe super paradise is excellent for such a vacation.
      My questions:

Which area should we stay? ( we are 5 adults 2 kids) we would love it if we could find a budget apartment where we could cook too.

Thank you a ton and god bless!!
      Any tips or suggestions will be appreciated!

1 Answer Apr 4, 2012 at 7:40 AM
    • quad bike

by timothaos Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM

hi staying for a week late june 2012. Safe or not to hire quad bike.

4 Answers Feb 21, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    • Any affordable rental villa's with pool on the island?

by Sandra200 Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Hello!

I've been to Mykonos five times already. I would love to spend this holiday with a group of friends to show them how great the island is.

We're searching for a affordable villa where we can cook and swim. In Ibiza there are lot;s of affordable villa's but I have a hard time finding anything that will fit our price range(see below)

One week in june or begin september
      6 persons: 2200 euro
      8persons: 3000 euro
      10 persons: 3500 euro

Hope there is anyone out there who has had more luck than me and found a good villa? :)

1 Answer Sep 14, 2011 at 12:53 AM
    • travel guide for iphone and ipad on Mykonos island

by polirot Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Hello,

I am going to Mykonos and would like to find an ebook (EPUB) travel guide for ipad and iphone.
      Any good idea.
      thx
      P.

3 Answers Sep 19, 2011 at 1:08 AM
    • Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini

by jadedtourist Online Now Aug 3, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Hi all,

I will be flying to Mykonos next Monday and flying a week later from Santorini. I want to take a ferry from Mykonos to Santorini. Do I need to book these before I get to Mykonos or can I just do it once we are there? We are traveling with our 6 year old.

Also can you please suggest some good local places for breakfast and perhaps shopping for some cheese and olives etc?

Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 3, 2011 at 4:18 PM
    • Olympic Airlines, Mykonos to Athens, reliability of on time

by Bbaker2779 Online Now Jul 15, 2011 at 8:48 PM

We are flying home from Athens October 12 on a 1:30PM flight.

Should we go to Athens the night before or count on the Olympic flight that arrives in Athens at 10:35AM to be on time?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2011 at 4:04 AM
    • blaster2000pt's Profile Photo

Help about overnights

by blaster2000pt Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Hi,
      I need a litle help to choose where to sleep 3-4 nights on Mikonos Island. I prefered on center or nearby. But I don't have much budget to spend. What you advise?
      Thanks
      Luis

2 Answers Jun 16, 2011 at 4:35 AM
    • getting around from a cruise ship

by Sartusi Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 11:55 AM

we only have 8 hours when we anchor at 2pm. What is the best way to get around? Is it okay to hop in a cab and have them drive us around? How much would that cost for a couple of hours?

3 Answers Apr 10, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    • uogiene's Profile Photo

Viilla/house in Mykonos ....hmmm

by uogiene Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Yiasas

I was living in Santorini for a while and I know that you find cheap deals to rent when you are there, talk to people, connections help, etc. I am trying to find to rent a villa /a vacation house for 8-10 people in Mykonos, and most of the deals I find online are way beyond our budget. Is there some other way to find smth to rent for a cheaper price? should i contact agencies, or local people, on Vt? :)
      Any relevant infor would be helpful!
      efharistw

1 Answer Apr 10, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    • Mykonos and Santorini

by jadedtourist Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Hello all,

I'm planning to travel to Greence in August with my husband and 6 year old. We will have 7 days (excluding flight days). Our wish list includes Mykonos and Santorini and possibly Andros or Naxos. Can we combine Crete or Rhodes into the mix?
      We will be flying in from London Gatwick direct to Mykonos. Would you suggest 3-4 islands is a do-able itinerary in 7 days? We are interested in enjoying the beaches, visiting a couple of places of historical/cultural interest like Delos and Akrotiri. My husband is an avid photographer looking for good travel photo ops.

Thanks in advance.
      Would you suggest an island hopping tour or cruise?

9 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 2:34 AM
    • JANNCOX's Profile Photo

Hotel New Aeolos,

by JANNCOX Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Thanks for the reply, I have checked these web sites. What I am saying is, the hotel web site map is very different to Thomson map, also reviews mention being near the airport, surely the hotel knows the location of it's site. I have read reviews on trip adviser. The photo's on Thomson, and the New Aeolos web sites, as I said are identical, I don't have a problem with the hotel, it's just the location, it won't be very good if we get there, and find that we are a long way from the town. One trip adviser e-mailed me to say the hotel is 800 mts from the edge of the town. If you look at both maps, you will see the difference. I feel sure Thomson have their map location wrong. Can't seem to get any joy from the Thomson tour operater. She says they are looking into it, but this has been going on now for over two weeks. She doesn't seem to know which map is correct.

10 Answers May 29, 2011 at 7:06 AM
    • JANNCOX's Profile Photo

Hotel New Aeolos,

by JANNCOX Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Has anyone stayed at the above hotel, we have booked to go with Thomson, in eight weeks time. I first saw all the details on the Thomson web site, checking the location on their map, and the photos. I have since discovered the hotel web site, and on their web site map, the location of the hotel is a lot further out of the town. I have asked Thomson about this, taking in to the tour operater, maps that I have printed off my computer, showing the vast difference. They now say I am looking at the wrong hotel web site, as there is another hotel with the same name. I have been told that there are two hotels in Mykonos town with similar names one is "The Aeolos" the other being "Hotel New Aeolos" and that there would not be two with the same name. The photos by the way, are identical on the site of Thomsons, and the hotel web site with the name of the above hotel. I am so confused about this and the holiday getting closer. I do hope someone out there can help. Thanks JANNCOX

8 Answers Mar 19, 2011 at 12:47 PM
    • Winter weather?

by shelbibeau Online Now Feb 23, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Hi I am thinking of coming there in january 2011 and febuary 2011. Can someone tell me how cold it really is? Apparently it still gets really cold there? Is it worth coming? or wait til summer?

4 Answers Feb 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM
    • b&b, hostel

by davidnoy Online Now Jul 7, 2009 at 4:06 AM

we're planning to be in mykonos for 4 nights in August. prices of hotels very high, can you please advise good place near the town center in reasonable price.

• Carluchita's Profile Photo

Does anybody know a good and inexpensive pension or hotel in Mykonos?

by Carluchita Online Now Jul 14, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Hello,

Does anybody know a good and inexpensive pension or hotel in Mykonos? I just need a place to sleep, nothing fancy. I will be traveling by myself in the month of September.

Thanks!

Carla

1 Answer Aug 2, 2007 at 12:17 AM