change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• shakakthar's Profile Photo

greek islands from turkey

Santorini Island Dec 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

hello all... i want to visit symi island and santorini in april from BODRUM or MARMARIS in turkey by ferry..
      i observed that though these islands are closer to turkey than athens. the approach from turkey is very difficult and very few options available via RHODES.
      from athens it is very long journey by blueboat cruise and only one ferry per day to santorini. [ i am aware of flights from athens to santorini but i want cheaper option]

has anybody travelled from turkey to SYMI or SANTORINI please share your experience.

thanks

more
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

What will open and what will close in December

Santorini Island Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We are planning to visit Santorini Island in first week of December for 4 days. Please advise where to stay/ what to do..etc. I checked one of the Hotel and found that it is closed after last week of October. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

more
    • a location like this in Mykonos?

by bigjim33 Online Now Nov 16, 2014 at 4:03 AM

In the last summer I spent a few days in Santorini in the town of Kamari. The location was perfect: there’s a long pedestrian promenade along the beach with many clubs, restaurants and small hotel directly on it. It was very leasant to have drink in our hotel’s pool-bar facing the sea and the nice crowd walking on the promenade.
      I’m wondering if a location like this exsists in Mykonos or in any other Greek island! Do you know any?

14 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • mykonos nightlife in march

by PranavB Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are planning to visit mykonos in mid march for 3 nights. I wanted to know if there'll be any nightlife in march and what should I really expect in march in mykonos?

Thanks

12 Answers Oct 21, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    • norwegian cruise stop over

by mollysmum Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 5:17 AM

hello we are calling into Mykonos on our cruise and would be grateful for comments and advice whether to book on ship excursions or just get off and wander about all comments appreciated thank you

2 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 2:13 PM
    • BUDGET ACCOMMODATION - MYKONOS

by neecey60 Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Hey guys,

Jjust wondering if anyone out there can recommend BUDGET accommodation in Mykonos. (When I say budget - I'm thinking in the vicinity of $20-$50 a night room rate.

My husband and I are planning on spending 2 months there next year (OR any other Greek Island for that matter - as long as there are gorgeous beaches, a bit of activity going, little night life, etc...) but we are on a fairly tight budget.

We are very easy pleased - as long as the digs are clean, comfy and hopefully have a small kitchenette where we can make an occasional meal if we wish to ...

Cheers
      Dee :)

5 Answers Aug 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM
    • Is driving dangerous?

by petermykonos Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 3:38 AM

I am visiting Mykonos during mid august and was wondering if driving is dangerous? I am renting a scooter but know stories from friends and other travelers that roads were not maintained for ages, there are not many signs about danger, and also not many police men to control drunk driver costing fatal accidents sometimes. What to expect? What about if I have an accident because of no signs, bad maintenance, bad lighting etc? I need to know the Greek law to be prepared for a lawsuit in that case...Could anyone provide me the law?

6 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • MartaB12's Profile Photo

Mykonos for solo traveler

by MartaB12 Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Is Mykonos good island for single traveler going on Vacation to meet up people and have fun? Do you know to recommend any hotels/place or which town to stay?. Thank you!

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • Elia beach gay only?

by Travellergirl123 Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I am planning to stay at Mykonos imperial on Elia beach which I heard was a gay beach. But I thought the hotel had a private beach - is it a private beach on Elia? Thabks

4 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 7:15 AM
    • Mykonos nightlife in May - June

by roxanarock Online Now May 4, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I am travelling to Mykonos with some friends between 28th May - 4th June. I just wanted to know what the night life would be like. I appreciate we are not visiting at the peak of the party season however as long as there is some kind of atmosphere and it is quite busy - this will be good enough for us. In addition, is the water warm enough to swim in at this time?

Thanks in advance :)

5 Answers May 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • Mykonos-Paros

by AliceKaimann Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Dear Sirs,
      I and other 5 friends land in Mykonos Airport on 25/07/2014 at 14:55.
      We would like to arrive in Paros that same day because we booked a hotel there.
      The new timetables for the ferries for summer 2014 just came out some days ago but unfortunately we didn't find any ferries or boats after that hour.
      What can we do? are the any taxi-boats? How much do they cost?

6 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 10:40 PM
    • Infinty pool

by Yasmine007 Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Hi everyone!! Just one week left and i'll be visiting mykonos!! I can't wait, we Will be staying at the myconian K hotel i have read the reviews and it sounds pretty cool! But i always wanted to spend a day at an infinty pool with an amazing view over te island. Do you know if the're are this kind of pool lounges i can visit? I have seen some pretty beautiful Pools but they are all from a hotel. Do you have other must do/ must see tips for me? I can't wait to hear it!

2 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 8:40 AM
    • Theresia66's Profile Photo

From Athens to Mykonos

by Theresia66 Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Hi all, I need to be in Mykonos at the 5th or 6th of June, coming in from Amsterdam. Off course I can book straight flight from Amsterdam to Mykonos, but I think it saves money to fly to Athens and go from Athens to Mykonos, by boat or plane. What I checked till now is that there is only one flight a day from Athens to Mykonos and departs early in the morning. Now does somebody know if it is easy to purchase a ticket for the ferry from Athens to Mykonos and what are the time schedules and where can I buy these tickets. Thank you for any reply

6 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 2:35 PM
    • Getting from Santorini to Mykonos in March

by lara.damabi Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hello,

Is flying the only available form of transportation during March? We were hoping to ferry or boat.

3 Answers May 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    • Olivia Hand Cream

by djabend Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I'm trying to remember where on this island I purchased Olivia Hand Cream. We'll be visiting there next week and I would like to purchase several more tubes made by a Greek company called Papoutsanis. I remember we walked up and around the shopping area. The shop had a large assortment of Olivia products. Directions to this shop would be great.

1 Answer Nov 12, 2013 at 2:40 AM
    • Agios Stefanos or Mykonos Town?

by ibizakirsty Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Hi There,

I'm planning to go to Mykonos for the first time next June. My husband and I are Ibiza veterans and love the idea of Mykonos - but as we are in our 30's we also enjoy getting some sleep now and then! We want to stay somewhere stylish with a good choice of places to eat and bars in the evening.

Have been looking at the Rocabella In Agios Stefanos but am worried this may be a little far out for us - what else is going on in Agios Stefanos? Is it just hotels?

Looking for stylish/ affordable area with great food and restaurants and bars. Would love to stay somewhere we could watch the sunset every evening.

Please advise people!!!!

3 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    • Delos Tour from Mykonos

by jkclemens Online Now Oct 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Is it best to book a tour to Delos before we arrive on the island or to wait and buy them in Mykonos? We will be on the island October 9 through 11.

10 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    • Motor Bike

by JC4every1 Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM

We only have USA drivers' licenses, are we able to rent a motor bike. How are the fees? I checked at Pier1 in Mykonos and it's about Eu 10-22. Are there other fees and what about gas and mileage? Thank you.

2 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    • Day trip from Athens to Delos. Is it possible?

by kennethtym Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

As we are limited by the travelling schedule, there is only 1 day left for us to visit Delos. There is a Seajet catamaran from Rafina reaching Mykonos at 9.30am. Would we be able to catch the Delos Guided Tour that departs at 10am?
      The intention is to return back to Mykonos to explore a little before taking a night flight back to Athens.
      Anybody can advise if there are any foreseeable problems with this plan?

9 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    • Getting to London by land?

by gatesarin Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 4:33 AM

How can you get to London without flying from Mykonos?

4 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    • Mykonos open during late Nov

by ritikathakur7 Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 4:01 AM

We are planning to visit Mykonos during late November this year. Will the pubs/restaurants and shops open at this time of the year ?

4 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM
    • Mikonos : from Airport at port, bus or taxi ?

by toni2013 Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM

How can I get the port of Mykonos,when I arrived at airport ? Is there any bus or only taxi ? Thanks in advance

5 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    • where's the pelican gone?

by adavies159 Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM

We have been here in mykanos for three days - today is august 7th and still we haven't caught sign of the fabled pelican. What's happened to him?

6 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    • Old or new port ?

by Joey1234 Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Hello, I'll take the Ekaterini - Fast Ferries from Mykonos to Tinos on August 7th. From which port this ferry departs ? The old or new port ? Thanks.

3 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    • Delos Day Tours from Mykonos

by cl3150 Online Now Jul 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Can anyone recommend a reliable quality tour provider which operates day trips to Delos leaving from the cruise terminal in Mykonos?

Carl

1 Answer Jul 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    • Lost Camera on the bus to Ornos Beach

by kgroover3 Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM

What is the best way to get some info on my lost camera? It was left on the bus to Ornos Beach on May 22nd and I cannot get anyone to return my emails...I dont care about the camera itself just the memory card. Thank you!

4 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    • Flight connection time

by lpbjr Online Now Jun 6, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Is it possible to catch an 8:15 AM flight OUT of Athens if I am scheduled on a 7AM flight from Mykonos to Athens which is scheduled to arrive at 7:35 AM in Athens?

5 Answers Jun 11, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • 2AussieGuys's Profile Photo

Elia Beach

by 2AussieGuys Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM

We are staying at Elia beach next month - and wondering if it is easy enough to get to Super Paradise or Paradise beach from there??? Elia does look nice - so may not be worth the effort!

2 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Marriage proposal

by Anteater1981 Online Now May 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I will be travelling to Mykonos in July and plan to propose to my girlfriend while we are there, I have a few ideas whizzing about my head, but can anybody recommend any places, beaches, restaurants etc to give me a bit of starting point? Having never been before I'm going in completely blind, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6 Answers May 15, 2013 at 4:48 AM
    • party

by roybaroud Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 1:18 AM

which hotel should i stay if i want to party all night and day in mykonos ... should i stay in mykonos town and what are the best night clubs there??

3 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Mykonos excursion

by sandeepgarg Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 6:22 AM

We are a family of 9 persons with 1 Senior Citizen, 4 Adults & 4 Children aged 9, 10 & 12+, 16.
      We have already booked the 3-Night Louise Cruise in Greece.
      Now we require to book the Private Land Arrangements / Sightseeing (9 PAX Van with guide)
      Fri 31st May Athens – Louis Olympia 3N Cruise
      1100 departure from Piraeus Port
      1800 arrival Mykonos, departure 2300
      Suggest Mykonos Land Excursion for 3 hours or provide 9 PAX VAN / 2 Taxis for 3 hours

2 Answers Apr 15, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    • bluetang33's Profile Photo

From Port to Airport

by bluetang33 Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Hi, I'm arriving in myconos in early may by ferry and travel to london same day. Is there a bus from the port directly to the airport? and where can i find the station?

also is it better to take a taxi? any estimates of the cost?

10 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 5:02 PM