Mykonos Travel Answers

change location

paradise beach

by mheidt Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM

How do we get to Paradise Beach from Mykonos Town via Bus? What is the cost and the frequency of the buses on a Saturday in early May? What is the typical temperature at that time of year? Is this the nicest beach that is easy to get to? We are on a cruise ship and need to make sure we get back on time.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Re: paradise beach

by Maryimelda Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I believe that the best way to get to Paradise Beach without a car or quadbike is by ferry from the Port. Not too sure where to get it from but I'm sure that Lee or some other Mykonos expert will be along soon to give you more details of other options. I have only been to Super Paradise Beach so I don't know for sure if Paradise Beach has the same travel options, but to get to Super Paradise by road entails going down a very narrow, steep road and I doubt that a bus would be able to make it. I could be wrong I guess, but I do know (having done it in a very small car) that I certainly wouldn't want to be on a bus going down that track. That's just me however, I am an awful wuss most of the time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: paradise beach

by Ouzone Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Paradise is noisy and crowded, depends how you view such beaches, personally I think it's the one of the worst. There are 20 or more good beaches around the island. Elia is much better not so noisy and crowded.

Buses are seasonal, change maybe every 2 weeks, you'll have to look in the respective Bus station for times/frequencies.
    There are 3 bus stations depending on where you want to go. Same with boats.
    Old port - Ag Stephanos
    OTE square - Kalafati, Elia, Ano Meria.
    Fabrika Sq - Ag. ioannis, Ornos, Psarou, Plati Gialos, Paradise.
    Don't think cost will bother you, a few €. Maybe 2-4 € depending on distance.

http://www.ktelmykonos.gr/index-en.html

Platis Gialos has boats to beaches to the east, which go when full.

• Re: paradise beach

by Phillyjan Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Paradise beach will not be "noisy and crowded" in early May but it will ALSO be waaaay too cold to swim. You can sunbathe but be warned; in mykonos, 2 sunbeds + umbrella will cost you about €15+ .. 2-3x what they cost in nearby isles like Paros, Naxos, Antiparos. These people who say there are ferries to the beach are talking about High Season. There are busses, I think y ou have to walk thru the mazey Agora, past the public school, to the big "bus Square." fare will be probably €2, take about 20 minutes. OR you can take a taxi there, & bus going back; look/ask at beach bus stop or "bus square" for bus timetable. Offseason (which early May is), only every 30 mins at most, maybe less frequent.

• buyuk_keddi's Profile Photo

by buyuk_keddi Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM

The best way to get to Paradise Beach is rent a bike or ATV . Public buses just arrives to Piatis Gialos and then you should get on boat for heading paradise beach and super paradise beach. It's long way to reach there. And you are also dependant on boat times.

Renting bike costs just 10 or 15 euros per day. It's cheaper then public way.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines