Travel Answers
Myawadi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to stay in Inle Lake? -- bungalows?

Inle Lake Jan 29, 2016 at 10:32 AM

Hi, I heard there are nice bungalows to stay in at Inle Lake. Does anyone have info on these? Or any nice guest houses or hotel? $30 - $60 range for 2 people. I'm fine with something away from a touristy area as long as there is transportation to get around. Thanks!

more
    • Flights from Bagan to Yangon - Where are they???

Myanmar (Burma) Jan 29, 2016 at 10:24 AM

Hi,
      I need a flight that gets into Yangon around 10:30 a.m. I found several of these when doing research (Yangon Airways, Asian Wings, Golden Myanmar) yet when I go to their websites directly - NO FLIGHTS! Does this sound familiar to any of you? I can't seem to trust that any of the flight - times, fares that I find are even valid. Thank you

more
    • What's the best route to Inle Lake and Bagan from Yangon and back?

Myanmar (Burma) Jan 21, 2016 at 12:07 PM

I plan on flying. Should I go from Yangon to Inle Lake and then to Bagan or hit Inle Lake after Bagan and on my way back to Yangon? I don't have much time so was thinking that flying would be the most practical. Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks!

more
    • Guest house/Hotel/Airbnb in Mandalay?

Mandalay Jan 29, 2016 at 10:29 AM

Hi,
      Looking for a place to stay in Mandalay that is in a good location to sites but not noisy - $30-$50 range for 2 people. CLEAN is important. Any suggestions?

more
    • Trains & Buses

Myanmar (Burma) Jan 28, 2016 at 12:14 PM

Hi,
      How do I find train and bus lines/schedules online for Myanmar? I'd like to check them for routes between Inle Lake, Mandalay, and Bagan.

Thank you!

more
    • Anything to do and around Nyaung U other than Bagan?

Nyaung-u Jan 20, 2016 at 11:01 AM

We're going to Bagan for a day or two and thinking of setting camp in Nyaung - U. Are there any sites to see in or around here (like day trips) other than Bagan?

more
    • Air Mandalay - Flights between Yangon and Mandalay

Mandalay Jan 26, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Hi, I'm trying to check flights to/from Yangon to Mandalay on air mandalay but it always comes up with "NO FLIGHTS" - I'm sure that this airline flies between these two cities doesn't it? Does anyone know the trick?

more
    • What are the top things to do at Inle lake?

Inle Lake Jan 20, 2016 at 10:53 AM

I'm not interested in lounging but want to see sites and have unique experiences. I'm going to Thailand as well and I hear it also has floating markets and such. Is Inle Lake different than what Thailand has to offer? It seems like such a sleepy town that we could do this in a day. No? Thanks!

more
    • slow ferry

Bagan Jan 10, 2016 at 3:23 AM

Has anyone done the slow ferry from Bagan to Mandalay lately?

need info

more
    • Where to stay in Yangon?

Rangoon Jan 20, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Hi! I only have a couple days in Yangon - I want to hit the top sites. But Yangon seems pretty big. I have no idea which area or "district" to stay in (East, downtown, Central, South)? Is it best to book a hotel closer to the airport? Thank you!

more
    • davidjo's Profile Photo

LATEST INFORMATION IN CHANGING CASH

Myanmar (Burma) Jan 19, 2016 at 12:47 AM

I understand that changing money in Myanmar is a little easier than before Anyone been there recently?

1) I read that US$ have to be in very good condition and printed from 2006 onwards, but they are not so particular about notes like in previous years.
      2) Better to change at airports and banks rather than money changers
      3) Is it easy to change GB pounds
      4) Most things can be paid for in Kyat except for official permits for each area , those have to be paid in US$. Anything else that must be paid in US $
      5) All our accommodation has been paid for so i understand that restaurants, bus, train and day tours acn all be paid in Kyat.
      Any comments will be appreciated

more
    • Which airlines fly to/from - Yangon - Bagan - Inle Lake and how often?

Myanmar (Burma) Jan 21, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Hi,
      I'm trying to book my trip and hotels from USA but I need to know which airlines fly between the three cities above and how to find their flight schedules? I heard there is only a 6am flight from Yangon to Bagan daily. Is that true? I need to either book my flights now or at least have an idea what they are in order to book my hotels. Any help you can give would be awesome! Thanks!

more