change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tatianapiazza's Profile Photo

Budget for 7 days in Zanzibar

Zanzibar Island Oct 28, 2015 at 12:15 AM

Hello, my husband, young daughter and I are going to Zanzibar for 7 days.
      All accommodations are booked and paid for, and include breakfast.
      How much should we take (US$) for lunch/dinner (5 days) and activities (7 days)?

Also, can I exchange US$ in Zanzibar?

• Itinerary for 7 days in Zanzibar?

Zanzibar Island Oct 26, 2015 at 3:42 AM

Hello! My wife and I are planning a week long stay in Zanzibar island at the end of November. We are young and adventurous but also want time to relax. Could you let us know if the itinerary is reasonable and not too hectic? He idea is to explore all the island has to offer from the north and east while also making time to explore Pemba Island.

Days 1-3: Nungwi beach (snorkeling, quads, spice tour, Safari blue tour, night life)
      Days 3-5: Paja beach (kite surfing, drive to forest reserves)
      Days 6-7: Pemba island (snorkeling, exploring??)
      Day 7: Stone Town and departure

Does this look ok or is too much? Do you have any suggestions on things we missed out or the order of the destinations?

• guyfitz's Profile Photo

From mwanza to Arusha !

by guyfitz Online Now Apr 14, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Mwanza to Arusha - tanzania how safe it is by road ( coach)?

3 Answers Apr 19, 2015 at 5:28 AM
    • Mwanza to Kigali

by Masefield Online Now Oct 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM

How can one do this by bus?

2 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    • transport to bunda

by thtcwork Online Now May 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM

How can I get to Bunda from Mwanza airport? What is the safest way to get there? Is it possible to book a taxi to be waiting at airport arrival? Thank you for any help. Haven't been able to find any detailed info on this journey.

• Looking for a gym

by attiq2k Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Hi could anybody direct me to any gyms in Mwanza? I would like to know roughly how much they charge and if they do classes?

• monica88's Profile Photo

Expats in Mwanza

by monica88 Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Im a new expat living in Mwanza and would be living here for the next few months. I would like to meet other nice expats to explore the city and possibly travel. If you're interested, feel free to inbox me.

• fasterdog's Profile Photo

Travel from Mwanza to Musoma

by fasterdog Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 12:35 PM

What is the best way to travel from Mwanza to Musoma in Tanzania? I have read that there are buses available in the mornings, but if these aren't available, is it there some sort of private transport which I can hire at a reasonable price?

Also, does anyone know a good hotel in Musoma with an email address so that I can contact them to book a room?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM
    • AixaB's Profile Photo

Tanzania Safety

by AixaB Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Hello, good evening. I'm planning to travel to Tanzania next year (aroun March-April) for an anthropological research. My plan is to go to Mwanza and stay at least 4 weeks. But I have some concerns, especially when it comes to safety (I will be travelling by myself and I'm a 24 year-old woman) and accomodation (since I'll be staying for at least a month I can't afford to stay in a 5 star hotel)... Any tips, comments or suggestions? Thank you very much!

2 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    • weather in mwanza

by crazyirish Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM

im going to mwanza in september for two to three months What clothing should i pack and whats weather like that time of year

4 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 4:45 AM
    • Passage on Cargo boat from Mwanza to Portbell (uganda)

by harry_2610 Online Now Jul 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Hi can yo advice me hoe to get a passage on cargo boat from Mwanza to Uganda and is it safe?

3 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • gracesebbie's Profile Photo

Mwanza by Road

by gracesebbie Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM

How best to travel by road from Nairobi to Mwanza ?

The last update about which buses to take was in 2010 - I know buses dont travel at night in Tanzania and am wondering what is the fastest way to get to Mwanza from Nairobi?

7 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • shisha_duncan's Profile Photo

Best waterpipes / shisha in Mwanza?

by shisha_duncan Online Now Sep 28, 2012 at 7:28 AM

With such a setting beside this magnificent lake, surely there must be several places to enjoy a beer and smoke on a "decent" shisha pipe? Any suggestions anyone? Could I buy a pipe somewhere, like at u-turn?

1 Answer Oct 5, 2012 at 3:48 AM
    • Hi iam new to mwanza

by Jaisanthoshkumar Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Hi im new to mwanza,i got job in here local indian company based here. i want know about cost of living and about electrical items which as i good to purchase. Please give me good suggetion

• Boat trip from Mwanza to Kampala

by mks123 Online Now Jun 25, 2007 at 1:10 PM

We want to travel from Mwanza to Kampala by boat around 24th/26th July2007. Is there a boat service? How long does it take? Any recemmoendations? Does it actually sail to Kampala or is it somewhere nearby? What is the accomodation like on the boat?

1 Answer Jun 28, 2007 at 8:25 AM
    • Friend

by prettybantu Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 7:12 PM

I am looking for a friend I met 11 years ago while visiting Mwanza. His name is Tom Sokoine Mbake. He worked for a bus company that ferried traders from Mwanza to Nairobi-Kenya. If Tom reads this message or anyone has any information please contact me via my email at

Thank you.